Forum LockedCan anyone sugest a good curly pudding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
loulou82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2008 at 10:03pm
Curly pudding works best on hair with texture in it (transitioning, natural, texturized, etc). There's no curl left in relaxed hair so it wouldn't necessarily work. 4A natural hair has a curl pattern (tiny pen spring curls), thus curly pudding can work on it.

Oyin Homemade has a Whipped Pudding
Blended Beauty has a pudding too (I believe)
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
You can also make your own using a curl activator of gel (ie Fantasia IC Gel), coco butter sticks and conditioner.

HTH!
Sponsored Links

No-No View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2008 at 9:08am
Thanks for the tips
Corri52 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2008 at 9:56am
I've heard mixed reviews about Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. The trick with their prodduct is to find the right method (amount) for your hair.

You Tube Has some videos of various curly pudding and demostrations and real testimonials.

GeminiSun View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2008 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by loulou82 loulou82 wrote:

Curly pudding works best on hair with texture in it (transitioning, natural, texturized, etc). There's no curl left in relaxed hair so it wouldn't necessarily work. 4A natural hair has a curl pattern (tiny pen spring curls), thus curly pudding can work on it.

Oyin Homemade has a Whipped Pudding
Blended Beauty has a pudding too (I believe)
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
You can also make your own using a curl activator of gel (ie Fantasia IC Gel), coco butter sticks and conditioner.

HTH!

Hey Lou, do you know if the coco butter can be subed with something else?  I'd like to try making my own but I don't like the smell of cocoa butter. TIA
loulou82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2008 at 12:53am
Gemini-

You could possibly use shea butter instead of the coco butter. Here's a basic formula that yields just enough to see if it works.

You can test out different amounts of each ingredient.

10.5 Jar of Proclaim Curl Activator or IC Fantasia Gel or Aloe Vera Gel
1 1/2 sticks of Cocoa Butter or Shea Butter (around 3 oz)
1 ounce of Proclaim Beeswax

You can add some conditioner for more moisture too. An EO like orange oil or vanilla fragrance can be added for scent.

Take the butter and place them in a bowl. Scoop out 1/2 jar of bees wax and place it in the same bowl. Microwave bees wax and butter until they are liquid. Use an other larger bowl to put the curl activator it. Leave some curl activator inside of the jar for later. Take liquid wax and butter and pour it into the bowl with the curl activator. Mix vigorously with a spoon. what you will first get while mixing these the two may look like cellulite but and keep mixing until the mixture looks exactly like vanilla pudding then mix in remainder of activator gel in the jar.

If you do not microvave the bees wax well enough it will clump up when you add it to the cold gel activator it may bead up and not allow you to get the perfectly smooth consistency that you want. If this happens put the whole solution in the microwave for 4 minutes then beging to mix again. after about 2 minutes of mixing add back in the curl activator you left out from before and it should begin to look like pudding.

Apply to wet hair and style.

(These instructions were found at LHCF)

This should all cost less than $10. The ingredients can be found at Sally's or the BSS.

Edited by loulou82 - Jun 07 2008 at 12:55am
Brittini View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2008 at 4:19pm
I've heard a lot of bad reviews of Miss Jessie's pudding
It's very expensive
It leaves some kind of film on the hair
One girl had an allergic reaction
Some complain that it didn't really define the curls
It's tricky to use

On a good note, they say it smells really good, but so does perfume, it doesn't make it good for the hair.

But to each is own, what doesn't work for some may work for you.

There are different recipes for curly puddings
I've seen one with Aloe Vera Gel and curl activator, but I've never used it.
~Chitra*Pearl~ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 2:53pm
A lot stuff in the curly pudding you can make yourself without all the extra stuff.  I guess the rest are just preservatives.

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding ingredients:

Ingredients:
water, parafinium liquidum, glycerin, triethanolamine, fragrance, carbomer, PEG-12 dimethicone, dipropylene glycol, silk amino acids, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, avocado oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba seed oil, macademia seed oil, oleth05, ethylhexyl methoxycinnanate, disodium EDTA, DMDM hydantion, ext. violet 2

Detroit_Red View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 3:01pm
honestly miss jessies isnt worth the 40 bucks...what work just as well is leaving some conditioner in ur hair...then sealing with oil
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 3:12pm
Try BTZ Noddle Head Curling Cream or Frutis Soft Curl Cream.  It's always best to mix it with a moisturizer so that your hair feels soft & bouncy.

I also notice a simply water based moisturizer really defines my curls!

Originally posted by MsMediumLocks MsMediumLocks wrote:

hay can curly pudding be used on 4a/b hair?? RELAXED or does it work better for like people with 3a/b hair (the naturally curly) ??????

Curl creams really just define the curls you already have.  Its not really about hair type, but how much curl you have.  Most people who benifit from these creams are natural & texlaxed/texurized heads.
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 3:15pm
You can get a small size of Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding, for $7.00.  If you like it you can always buy more, if not, well then you didn't throw away $40 bucks.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic