Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can a slap be more intimate than a kiss?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can a slap be more intimate than a kiss?
    Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:29pm

THE SLAP

video

Strangers slap each other's faces in hilariously awkward video

Rememeber the complete strangers kissing video? This is the anti-strangers-kiss video—and it's real, not a viral using actors. Screenwriter Max Landis gathered friends and acquaintances, paired them randomly and then asked them to hit each other in the face in this awkwardly fun video.

Landis says his work is more than parody and is intended to explore the nature of violence, trust and consent. Here he explains his thinking behind the project:

The theory was: A slap, robbed of its violating context, is more intimate than a kiss.

My theory, as it turned out, was right, which was fun, and gratifying. But intellectual gratification is, to me, secondary to the visceral feeling that came from hitting, being hit, and better yet, watching everybody hit each other. I saw the strangest mutations of intimacy, and trust, in that empty void.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/strangers-slap-each-other-round-the-face-in-awkward-and-1595219083
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:37pm
Why'd I instantly think of the Real Hollywood Husbands show on BET?

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:39pm

Heck no !! I will never forget bey hubby in Africa . Man never serve a day in jail .

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Heck no !! I will never forget bey hubby in Africa . Man never serve a day in jail .

so you said im not even gonna find out what this thread is really about cuz i got answers.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 1:25pm
it's intimate because you're responsible for how much pain the other person experiences and they're trusting you not to punch them instead of slap them.  i don't really get the point of this experiment.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:15pm
the girl @ 1:08 slapped the sh*t out of her tho.  they didnt even start off with love taps just full blown slapsLOL
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:20pm
White people...they're planned to be slapped so trust is out from beginning.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:45pm
I like slapping ..just enough to sting
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:49pm
I thought the kissing video was staged?

I don't think I'd be able to slap a woman, even as a game.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I thought the kissing video was staged?

I don't think I'd be able to slap a woman, even as a game.

aww
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair