Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can a 3 year old get their nails done?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.25  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 10:57pm
Mind yo business. 
Sponsored Links

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

My mother got her nails done every other week. She'd bring my sisters and I with her once a month to get a mani/pedi. The first time I remember going I was four. They didn't do anything special. They cleaned and filed my nails then painted them. They pumiced my feet, washed them, then filed and painted my nails. Every once and a while I'd get a flower on my fingers and toes or star or something.
It was fun and I got to spend time with my mom. Sometimes we'd just do it at home if she wasn't up to going out. I miss herBroken Heart

eta:we'd get out hair done once a month, sometimes twice too.

Hug one day you can do it with your daughter.
Hug Hopefully.

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:05am
Meh, its a cute mother-daughter thing. Many children like to copy what their parents are doing. They'll sit next to you and brush their hair while you brush yours or ask to polish their nails while you do your own. 
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:08am
I guess I'm in the minority but I don't see why a 3 year old would need mani's and pedi's period much less every 2 weeks. I wouldn't want my kid in a nail shop inhaling all those fumes
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:13am
yes i think it's cute on the hair braiding that's a good choice of style if it's done with her own hair.
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 5:51am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

hmm. 3 is pretty young but its not that big of a deal. i like taking my stepdaughter to the nail shop. she is 8 and extremely girly. my parents were extremely strict about stuff like that. i couldnt even wear clear lip gloss until i was 14. they thought everything girly was " being grown". i hate that mentality. so if my daughter likes mani/ pedis then i have no problem doing it for her.

yeah me 2

My hubby has this issue. He used to get annoyed when I painted our daughter's nails......which is once a blue.moon. He got over it. She is girly like me.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 7:07pm
I wouldn't take my child to a nail shop until she is older.  But I wouldn't mind painting her nails and doing all that girly stuff at home.  Less chance of catching an infection and what not.
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 7:18pm
Last summer I painted my daughters toes every week. She was 6-9 months during that time. I painted them red one day to match Mommy and you would of thought I put her on the street to make money the way my aunts and mom reacted. Shocked

Nothing but pink and coral since then. I don't need the drama.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't see why a 3 year old would need mani's and pedi's period much less every 2 weeks. I wouldn't want my kid in a nail shop inhaling all those fumes

IA. It's ridiculous to me but to each their own
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 7:35pm

6-9 months old?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System