Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Cairo: dressed as woman/got sexually harassed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cairo: dressed as woman/got sexually harassed
    Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:11pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvNZt1T5rAQ

I am wondering why they dressed up a man as a woman instead of using an actual woman.
Sponsored Links

callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:31pm
The video said it - so the man could see what it's like to be sexually harassed
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:33pm
But he's an actor. Their demographic is all men who watch this, not just him.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:45pm
my original thought was vicarious experience as a source of knowledge. 

immediately followed by, "girl, you know oppression doesn't exist until it's validated externally by its source"...  
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 8:07am
the dressed him up so he can have first hand experience. Its different seeing someone else be harassed vs. you yourself being harrassed. Im glad he did it. It really disgusting the way men pretty much demand that you be with them.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

the dressed him up so he can have first hand experience. 
But he's not the target audience, he's just an actor paid to play a part. They say in the video that this is investigative journalism, so obviously the audience is it him personally, but anyone watching the peice. 

Neka, kind of summed up my personal opinion on it. I wonder if they feel that the audience would empathize more with a man going through what women go through for a day, instead of the women who go through it every day.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jul 06 2014 at 5:31pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 5:28pm
cairo is terrible for women..

uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 5:49pm
I feel better now.  I thought they only did it to black women.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 6:22pm
I've heard about the issues with sexual harassment/rape over there. I guess being a "good muslim girl" and being fully covered isn't enough.
These repressed cultures that have this strict separation of the sexes... It brings about behaviours on the part of males that are akin to mental illness
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

my original thought was vicarious experience as a source of knowledge. 

immediately followed by, "girl, you know oppression doesn't exist until it's validated externally by its source"...  

And then they act ever so shocked and appalled

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>