Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Caca Noir or Jamila Henna and Indigo

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caca Noir or Jamila Henna and Indigo
    Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 6:48am
Hi

Ok, so I've been transitioning for 23 months in sew ins and I've finally decided to wear my own hair.
I've heard of all the benefits of henna and I'm super excited to use it.

So I have Jamila Henna and Indigo from henna sooq and I have Caca Noir from Lush Cosmetics. My hair is "ashy black" and I want it to be shiny black. I'm between a 4b/c which I'm not even sure about.
I want to know the difference between the two. Is one better than the other?

It seems like the last post about Caca Noir was back in 09
Thanks
Darlinnic
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 12:45pm
I don't do henna...I researched it enough to figure out that it just isn't for me. Anyway, from my research if you're looking for really black hair you'd be better off doing a henna and then indigo. THe lush caca noir is premixed and probably won't give you the result you're looking for. Also, you're going to want to keep it really simple (don't mix in all kinds of acids, etc etc)...good quality henna and indigo doesn't need the extra stuff to release the color and you don't want to end up with extra dry hair. Anyway, search the LHCF threads on henna/indigo...they have a lot of info.

Since you've been wearing sew-ins for such a long time I suggest you don't henna until after you've actually handled your hair through 3-4 washes. That way you know what your hair feels and acts like before you add henna to the equation. That way if you have a problem, you can pinpoint it.

Edited by maysay1 - Feb 16 2013 at 12:46pm
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 3:10am
I do henna (not indigo) so I can't really chime in on the benefits of indigo - besides that the color would be long lasting.

I would suggest checking out hennaforhair.com or curlynikki.com and go to her henna section. She has a few indigo heads that post there.

If you've never done a natural color deposit before you should be aware:

1. Often it might take multiple applications to get to the desired jet black/blue-black look that you're going for. With henna, for me to get my hair to the current deep burgundy shade, it took at least 4 henna apps to make it happen.

2. If Indigo is anything like henna, the actual color deposit will depend greatly on your actual hair chemistry. With henna, although there's only 1 true shade for baq - which is that it turns your hair "reddish" - the actual shade of red that appears depends entirely upon your base hair color as well as how much color uptake occurs.

3. You actually can do a quick release of the color (for henna as I can't speak to indigo) by adding hot green tea to your henna mix. It cuts time from the suggested 3hr dye release time table to being able to instantly apply it.

4. In the beginning henna can be a bit drying so definitely follow up with a good DC & moisturizer.
lovelybrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 6:51am
I read that Kalpi tone (with henna beforehand, although some don't) is easier and  darkens  hair - google it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply