Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Bye-bye, NASA!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 4.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bye-bye, NASA!
    Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:54am
BHM Family - good day.

I am SO pleased to announce that I have a new job, and so I am saying SO LONG, NASA!!!

I'm so tired of the government, so I have moved on to private industry where we don't have to worry about shut-downs LOL (half-joke).

I started working for the Constellation Program in 2006 on the Pad Abort-1 (PA-1) launch abort system program. The goal of this program was to create a safe egress (escape) system for astronauts/cosmonauts in the event of a launch vehicle failure. Basically, if the launch vehicle they were in was in danger of malfunctioning, they could safely jettison themselves away from the vehicle (in essence, we wanted to prevent situations like Columbia in 2003 from happening again).

We were scheduled to run to 2015 with 4 launches lined up - two pad abort launches, and two ascent abort launches. The first and ONLY launch we had was on May 6, 2010 and it was a resounding SUCCESS! (for those interested, you can search YouTube for PA-1 Launch White Sands Missile Range)

...but the Constellation program was still canceled, and most of us were filtered out to other programs or laid off Ouch

The cancellation of the program affected so many people that Kennedy Space Center had to work with the Florida unemployment department to create an entirely new initiative specifically for finding work for the displaced aerospace workers - over 10,000!

I now work on the MPCV (multi-purpose crew vehicle) integration program. Basically it is an extension of the Orion PA-1 program with integrating the crew module to the NASA Space Launch System.

BUT GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWNS GOT US SHOOK AGAIN Angry.

I started putting my resume out about two months ago to shop around and see what was in my area. 

Damn that. I'm moving on and up to something else where I won't have to worry what administration is holding Capitol Hill hostage Sleepy (half joke again).

Now I am working with electrostatics and composites. I'm thrilled. And I'm hungover from partying it up in celebration last night LOL.

So that's my good news. Hope you guys have been well Embarrassed

Who is coming to Miami Carnival? I'm jumping with - damn, I forgot the name of the band. PM me if you are coming. 

Happy be-lated to all the Virgos Hug
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:57am
Congrats on the new job!
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:01am
Niece, Congratulations! You already know how proud I am of you Heart

I was unable to insert this GIF earlier. 

Edited by Claudie - Oct 04 2013 at 5:54pm
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:03am
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:12am

Clapso proud of you my fellow Virgo!!
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:28am
Congrats Organic. You rock!
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:29am
Congrats Organic!
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:31am
Awwww congrats, sounds like you had a plan and stuck to it. Happy belated to you as well!

I never knew Miami had carnival...I soooo may need to come.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:33am
Awesome....
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:40am
Hi Organic, way to go BHM is proud.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic