Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Forum Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBuyers and Sellers Section????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 4:32pm
I like the idea.  i have purchased several things from the ladies on the board. I know there have been scammers.  But with a feedback system we would be able to have some way of letting others know the who/what/where of what went on.  Scammers could be BANNED this way. 

I think you would have to be careful about cutting into the advertisers on this site's business, but lets say I have a pair of shoes size 9 never worn and want 10 bucks plus shipping?  Post a pic, get a deal, leave a message about the transaction.  Why would I scam over something like that?  I enjoy my membership here too much to  risk it.  Also we know who each other is, shoot if Tie or Diva had something I wanted to buy, I would send the money without worry.  There are good and bad EVERYWHERE.

There is also a way to have the exchange held with a 3rd party until the goods are recieved, and positive feedback is left. . . just an idea.

Sponsored Links

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

I like the idea.  i have purchased several things from the ladies on the board. I know there have been scammers.  But with a feedback system we would be able to have some way of letting others know the who/what/where of what went on.  Scammers could be BANNED this way. 

I think you would have to be careful about cutting into the advertisers on this site's business, but lets say I have a pair of shoes size 9 never worn and want 10 bucks plus shipping?  Post a pic, get a deal, leave a message about the transaction.  Why would I scam over something like that?  I enjoy my membership here too much to  risk it.  Also we know who each other is, shoot if Tie or Diva had something I wanted to buy, I would send the money without worry.  There are good and bad EVERYWHERE.

There is also a way to have the exchange held with a 3rd party until the goods are recieved, and positive feedback is left. . . just an idea.

Awww thanks girl..

and if you ever have a pair of size 9 shoes you wanna sell for 10 bucks plus shipping... COUNT ME IN!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL
Miss.Flirtydiva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 5:54pm
Yes it's a good idea, but you should figure out a good way to verify everything before they can actually sell and buy.
justblaze12 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 8:31pm
great ideaClap I also would like to know what about the members on this board who have scamed other members ..will they be allowed to sell?
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 10:00pm
Actually I like the idea of a SWAP section.  Check out the set up over on makeupalley.com.   You post what you don't want and what you do want.  It's up to the individuals to decide if they want to swap or not.  You get feedback tokens (positive and negatives) and can write up a review about your experience with the person.

I copied pasted off my swap page--

Feedback

/Postive tokens: 20

/ Positive stinopad 12/18/2006 6:25:59 PM
stinadancer commented: Such a pleasure to work with! So generous.. wonderful packaging, fast shipment, sent me the item even though there wasnt anything of mine she wanted! SO great.. thank you again..

Edited by QueenBee - Oct 25 2007 at 10:44pm
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 10:49pm
Professional Sellers/Vendors - I think they should be able to advertise maybe pay a small fee to post their listing of their services/merchandise (vendors, hairstylists, etc) in a section of the forum. 

You can mandate before posting they pay for advertisement space and break it into subtopics such as  

Hair & Hair Products
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
Cosmetics
Hair Stylist, etc 

Then members could come back and post their experience under that person's advertisement. 

Maybe these business will offer discounts to BHM members. I'd love to get 5-15% off some EPTR, Halle's Curls, Hairveda (hint, hint BJ), for being a BHM member.  Especially those products that BHM members rave about which ultimately increase profits for the company.

eta: BHM Swap--Maybe would be postings that BHM members use to post their items to sell or swap with other BHM members.  However, it needs to be HIGHLY stressed that you are purchasing & selling at your own risk.  BHM is not reliable for not receiving goods or payment. 

aurora_sky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 11:05pm
I think a swap section for members but for vendors you could have a section where they have to pay a nominal fee to advertise.
Ms.Joi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 5:07pm
I think it's a good idea. I haven't read all of the posts and I will go back and do so.

The are people on the forum that are willing to sell products that they no longer want or can't use anymore. I also think paypal should be used and the descriptions of the products should be accurate.

I have seen this done on other forums and it works.
ivy07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 8:05am
no buyers and sellers section, unless the sellers pay a fee to post their goods.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic