Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bully and abuse victims a sign of weakness?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 12:40am
Indiecat's description described me to the T. I hate that I am a "pleaser". I am slowly working on being selfish, but it's hard. 
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 2:44am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Many women try to leave but are killed at the front door . I am going to leave the topic now .

yep...I even read about this young lady who did everything "right" (left her abusive partner and got a restraining order against him)...he still hunted her down and killed her brutallyOuch
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 2:46am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

and no i dont consider any of the above weak...

just living and staying in a long term abusive relationship is stupid....i might get dragged for this...but idc..
yes it can be difficult to leave immediately....one might not have the finances or a place to stay...but if there truly is a will there is a way...there are tons of resources...and even if there arent...i would rather leave barefoot in the middle of the night with nothing and have to start over somewhere else...than to have someone carrying my casket... 

men(people in general) are becoming more and more unstable and are reaching their breaking points...too many stories of men killing their wives/gfs...

respectfully md, but have you ever heard of Stockholm syndrome?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 6:02am

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

When it comes to abuse, there are people who are co-dependent, I'm an example of that. Co-dependent people tend to be people pleasers, blame themselves, give more than they get, have a fear of abandonment, believe they deserve bad treatment, are fixers. sometimes it traces back to childhood. Maybe having an alcoholic, abusive, or absent parent. In order to get out of this behavior, it takes a lot of introspection. Learning about being a co-depended, learning about being a target for abusers.

As someone who was in an abusive relationship, I totally relate to the above. Being raised in a family where things such as rejection, abandonment was the norm, watching my mom's life waste away with an alcoholic abuser and having a warped idea on what a true family was lead me to the arms of an abuser. When you're a child growing up with feelings of a longing for love, closeness, protection, attention and still feeling alone surrounded by people, it's can become so easy to fall for that first representation of "love".

It took me YEARS to finally figure out what true love is and isn't. Learning to love myself enough to walk away.

That's why it is VERY important for kids to feel loved, protected, safe & stable....even in the midst of chaos...it's imperative for them to know that someone....especially family....to have their back. That's their anchor in this thing called life.

If they don't have that.....they have nothing.

So relate to this. It's hard when this is all you know...
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 6:45am
Serial victims?
I do think it takes a certain type of person. 
nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 8:51am
No. I don't consider victims of bullying or abuse as being weak or dumb. It's absurd to even label them with those terms.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 9:46am
Never feel that way towards children.

Adults, dumb no. Weak..maybe. But that isn't a bad thing or me judging. IMO, that's just saying you may not have gotten the strength to do the work, address your issues, and leave the situation. When you are broken, when you have allowed someone to break you, you are in a weakened state.

And I know it can take time to gather that strength. It took me 7 years.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 10:44am
Personal story, my own abuser comes from an abusive family his dad and brother have gotten in trouble for it.

My example is my abusers sister in law and brother. she is very weak and has been financially abused. Her husband works his butt off and takes care of her, 1 kid that isn't his, and 1 child that is his. The wife, she has absolutely no skills in the work place, sits home, doesn't clean, everybody in that family calls her lazy behind her back. her abuser cheated on her and she cheated back. He left her and was going to shut off her phone and shut everything in the house off, she was going to be forced to leave. She would talk a big talk about looking for a job, tried to get a job and failed and then started to beg the abuser to come back. she also said she missed having him hold her. This was after she had talked bad about him and said she refused to be beaten up like she was a dog.

So, I do consider her weak. I actually tried to encourage her a lot and I had her back telling her to stand up for herself like I did. That whole family looks down on speaking up when being treated badly. You end up being shunned. she was also weak with that. Her sbd husband ended up back together and she actually turned on me. She did this so she would not be the outcast of the family and she said I was an unmarried single mom. She said I was like the other baby momma of the other brother. this was after all of the help I offered her and all I did for her kids. I was an aunt to them. so, it really is hard to leave. some people cannot stand being shunned, left with nothing but themselves, having to start over again, having to create a new identity, not having any support.

I feel sorry for this woman because her and her husband have the same fights over and over. He has gone to jail for domestic violence. She calls him her soulmate and says people who have been through hell and end up together anyways belong together.

sorry, if it was too personal, I'm a really open and honest person.
NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

When it comes to abuse, there are people who are co-dependent, I'm an example of that. Co-dependent people tend to be people pleasers, blame themselves, give more than they get, have a fear of abandonment, believe they deserve bad treatment, are fixers. sometimes it traces back to childhood. Maybe having an alcoholic, abusive, or absent parent. In order to get out of this behavior, it takes a lot of introspection. Learning about being a co-depended, learning about being a target for abusers.

As someone who was in an abusive relationship, I totally relate to the above. Being raised in a family where things such as rejection, abandonment was the norm, watching my mom's life waste away with an alcoholic abuser and having a warped idea on what a true family was lead me to the arms of an abuser. When you're a child growing up with feelings of a longing for love, closeness, protection, attention and still feeling alone surrounded by people, it's can become so easy to fall for that first representation of "love".

It took me YEARS to finally figure out what true love is and isn't. Learning to love myself enough to walk away.

That's why it is VERY important for kids to feel loved, protected, safe & stable....even in the midst of chaos...it's imperative for them to know that someone....especially family....to have their back. That's their anchor in this thing called life.

If they don't have that.....they have nothing.

Clap I applaud you my fellow survivor!!  Well said.....very well said.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style