Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Budgets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:33pm
Oh and do you want to work online? That might help.

www.reddit.com/r/workonline
www.reddit.com/r/digitalnomad
www.reddit.com/r/beermoney

I know that's a lot of reddit links but I always find good info there.
Sponsored Links

rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:42pm
Good points on reducing the expense side of the equation and saving.

But consider working on the revenue side as well.  And there's no better way to really make out well than to start a business.  There is a network I've built of over 100 business owners that pay to use one of my apps and unfortunately there is a grand total of 1 black person on there.  These are mostly young white people that are completely skipping the "work til you're 65 crap" and are balling out right now.

Just a thought peeps, figure out how to build a business, it seems more daunting than it really is.

Edit: Maysay, most of my clients are from reddit. haha

Edited by rohan - Jul 09 2014 at 2:46pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by rohan rohan wrote:

But consider working on the revenue side as well.  And there's no better way to really make out well than to start a business.  There is a network I've built of over 100 business owners that pay to use one of my apps and unfortunately there is a grand total of 1 black person on there.  These are mostly young white people that are completely skipping the "work til you're 65 crap" and are balling out right now.

Just a thought peeps, figure out how to build a business, it seems more daunting than it really is.

The bold is so true.

Hopefully soon I'll be in Thailand eating lychees and riding elephants while my business takes care of itself.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:44pm
oh yes rohan.  having more control over one's rev side is key.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:46pm
65 my azz....lol....ain't gone be able to do it....
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

The bold is so true.

Hopefully soon I'll be in Thailand eating lychees and riding elephants while my business takes care of itself.

yeah Maysay, I run a subreddit for business owners.  Will share it with you.
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

you have to be disciplined

I find the "but I deserve it" attitude really hurts people

it's my birthday, so I deserve this

I worked really hard so I deserve this

I mean on a certain level you might but if you can't afford it you are only hurting yourself by purchasing it

you know what you make each week/two weeks/month

make a budget from that

you know your bills (I like to split my payments for each bill for each paycheck I get, that way I can spread it out and not be overwhelmed when bills are due)

pay your bills first, then pay yourself (this means save some money. I like to have it go directly into my savings accounts so I don't have to make the decision to move it every time I get paid)

now budget your daily/weekly needs and wants with what is left

I like to take what is left and divide it by the number of days till I get paid, that gives me a daily budget max

with my credit cards I only charge what I can pay off in 30 days or less

I don't pay interest on what I purchase with my credit card

I have to wait sometimes to get things I want but I am okay with that

I also can't buy certain items but I m okay with that too

I also get daily emails and texts from my bank that state my balance

WHere do you bank? I need to get daily text stating my balance I'm very bad at checking it..but I started when my credit card got hacked
if eligible. both navy federal and USAA
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by MissDarkEyes MissDarkEyes wrote:

Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

Originally posted by MissDarkEyes MissDarkEyes wrote:

A little off topic, but I would LOVE to find a part time gig for some extra $$$ and the OP has THREE!  LOL

Seems in Chicago, if you already have a full time job, these employers don't even wanna talk to you!

Really?  I've kept a steady 2nd job the last 10 years.  Its not the most glamorous but it's an extra $900 to $1k a month.
Nice!  Is your PT gig, evenings and/or weekends?  I've been looking in CL and a lot of these PT jobs want you to work 30+ hours a week!  That's damn near full time!  5-10 years ago, it was never a problem finding PT evening retail work....

It's nights Mon thru Fri. but they always ask us to stay if we can (I don't)    I don't have patience to work another sit down job so I clean offices at night.  I have a really stressful work day and this is a welcome release for me.  Plus it's like working out for 4 hours straight each night (I am somewhat in that drink water challenge and I hit it every day and then some plus I've dropped 23 pounds in 2 months) Part time jobs are plentiful around here; I found this one on CL.    I know Chicago is a really big city though.  I thought surely you could find something even if it's cleaning.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

The bold is so true.

yeah Maysay, I run a subreddit for business owners.  Will share it with you.

Oh yes please do. I'm really want to learn all that I can and I find reddit to be such a valuable resource because of all the different perspectives there.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:56pm
OP, cut cable completely. You don't need it.

Keep the wifi, get an antenna for your tv, and for everything else you can use netflix/hulu/amazon. Also a lot of times you can just google and find the things you want streaming for free.

If you have a redbox near you that's a great way to see movies for cheap (and there are always coupons floating around).

And for free entertainment I go to the library and get dvd's and books. I also ask people have good cable to record stuff for me and then I go watch it at their house.

Oh and if you have lots of books/dvds/cds you can use the amazon trade-in program. You don't get a lot of money but you send it in and they give you amazon money. I use that to pay for movies/shows/books on amazon.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic