Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Budgets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by MissDarkEyes MissDarkEyes wrote:

A little off topic, but I would LOVE to find a part time gig for some extra $$$ and the OP has THREE!  LOL

Seems in Chicago, if you already have a full time job, these employers don't even wanna talk to you!

Really?  I've kept a steady 2nd job the last 10 years.  Its not the most glamorous but it's an extra $900 to $1k a month.
Sponsored Links

callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:01pm
Great thread! Good tips in here.

Also see what services your bank has. As a student, I still get free checking/savings and my bank just started this new system that allows you free checking and two savings account (one short term & the other long term). As soon as I get paid, I transfer about 90% to my short term. That way I can't go crazy spending with my debit card. All of my bills come out of my short term savings.

I also set it up where I can only transfer a certain amount of times each month. Saves me from thinking "well I really want to buy this thing I don't need, so let me just transfer the money over."

I also give myself a weekly spending budget. I take it out in cash and once I've run out, thats it.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:03pm
Oh and like others, I'm ending my time warner cable when my contract is up. Going to purchase Apple TV and get an antenna. Will save me at least $80 a month.
NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

We are blessed with a 5 bedroom 3 story home . My electric bill and cable are really low . Basically  $200 a month . Purchase a cheap safe to save money once you break a bill . I purchase my little girl a reload Visa to teach her how to save . I will return with more tips . Born in the 60's. I  know how to stretch a dollar lol .
ooooooo do share........(anxiously waits by the pc)Wink  I've watched many frugal youtubers.  Some are too extreme for me.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

that is good

what is your sq. ft. if I might ask (you don't have to say)

that is the one thing I always think about when I see big homes

their utility bills must be super high

So true my gas alone for two months was 1,000..my house is 5,500 sq and it's only three of usCry
YEP! That would be me and I live in a TH with a loft.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:08pm

A little off topic, but I would LOVE to find a part time gig for some extra $$$ and the OP has THREE!  LOL

Seems in Chicago, if you already have a full time job, these employers don't even wanna talk to you!
Temp agencies!
MissDarkEyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissDarkEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

Really?  I've kept a steady 2nd job the last 10 years.  Its not the most glamorous but it's an extra $900 to $1k a month.
Nice!  Is your PT gig, evenings and/or weekends?  I've been looking in CL and a lot of these PT jobs want you to work 30+ hours a week!  That's damn near full time!  5-10 years ago, it was never a problem finding PT evening retail work....
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:49pm
if you start shoplifting to supplement your income that can help out a lot.taking small household toiletries that will fit in your purse are easy way to save money. cut down on clothing expenses by wearing outfits under your clothes when you leave the dressing room
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

if you start shoplifting to supplement your income that can help out a lot.taking small household toiletries that will fit in your purse are easy way to save money. cut down on clothing expenses by wearing outfits under your clothes when you leave the dressing room

Stop thievin' and trollin'!
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:57pm
Cry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic