BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BSS Hair Thread 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSS Hair Thread 2014
    Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:15pm
I may be in the far minority here but my pockets and my patience need a break from the virgin hair scene. I feel like I had a easier time back in the day when I got my 2 packs of Sensual Mink Yaki and called it a dayLOL. (And may I add how that hair lasted me quite my money's worth)
So, I'm no longer a virgin to Virgin hair.Clap Yup, I gave in and purchased 3 bundles of Braz Body wave from Ali Express (Queens LTD) in December and I've had it in for about 3+ weeks now. Umm, virgin hair has been an interesting experience that I need to cover in a separate review thread; but having finally tried virgin hair I found myself thinking how much I actually missed my good ol' BSS hair for 3 reasons:

1. I always knew what I was getting. 

2. Since I'm natural with coarse texture hair, the light coarseness of some BSS hair is just what I needed to blend well with my hair.

3. I love getting my hair done and am not very committed when it comes to hairstyles, so grabbing a couple of packs of hair is more reasonable for me than ordering "virgin" hair for a style that I'll probably keep for a week or two. (Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the advantage of being able to reuse your bundles of virgin hair over and over again) 

So with that said, is there anyone on the board still using BSS hair, whether regularly or on occasion. If so, please share what you're liking these days.  I don't think we need to only talk about virgin hair around here right?Approve
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:23pm

I use BSS for bobs because I never keep a bob in very long

It would be a waste to get expensive hair cut into a bob and then taken out 2 weeks later.

Ive also used BSS to hold me briefly in between installs

Let's see I don't really have a particular brand I always use...

The only one i can remember is zury boom and I liked it

Edited by ModelessDiva - Jan 18 2014 at 1:40pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:25pm

no shame in my game
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:28pm
I would use a wig for my bobs.....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:34pm

i would use a wig but im so scared the moment i walk outside it's either gonna fly off or some kid is gonna walk up to me and snatch if offLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:36pm

then my u-part wigs only look right if it is for longer lengths

im a beginner at making u-parts so if im off a little with the measurements/track placement its not too horrible

but a upart bob....you gotta be on point
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:37pm
Yup, that's true, I too use BSS hair for my quick weaves/bobs. I haven't done them in a while. So the other day when I went to the BSS, I looked around and almost couldn't recognize any of the hair on the walls. So many new names and brands and packaging. I was like, hmmm, I wonder what's new. That's another reason that prompted me to start this thread. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:39pm

I've been watching this video for a few months this kinky hair texture looks very nice

I plan on trying it, I will probably make a kinky bob out of it next

MinnyMiss16 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnyMiss16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:46pm
Premium Too, still one of the cheapest, but long lasting BSS weave brands to me.
Aihtnyck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aihtnyck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 2:34pm
I too tried to step out of the Virgin Hair russian roulette a few months a go. I even made a thread about my synthetic straightened marley hair
I would still get short synthetic for maybe 2-3 weeks, but no more. 

When I started considering weaves in my early teen years, I gave up because I saw all these girls with their Premium Too getting sky high in the nape area (you know, that effect when the hair won't lay down in the back Pig ).
Once I got tree braids with some curly hair. After 10 days, it was such a mess I wore it in a bun, and to take them down I had to cut all the matted part (with my own hair Cry ) (now I'm super paranoid each time I take braids down )

And  not to mention the dreaded problem of synthetic hair : tangles matting taaangleeees
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>