Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 2:36pm
J94, you are so close as well!
Keep up your regimen and you will definitely make it to BSL!
Sponsored Links

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 12:17pm
It's looking good Journey94 , I feel like we are in the same place keep on pushing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 4:30am
I haven't shampooed my hair in almost 2 months and my hair seems to be doing great, this experiment with water washing has been a success. I am looking to continue for as long I can as I'm not sure what it would be like during winter. It saves on money to!

Where are the rest of you ladies?!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:03am
I am mainly a coconut oil addict. I am past my prime, so my hormones are not in order to do water only. That means I am not producing natural oils at their peak any more, so I have to supplement. My growth is also not at its peak any more, so thus I do supplements.

Anywho, yeah, I am on coconut oil every other day at least, coconut oil IN co wash conditioner, in everything! And of course, I am still doing generic monistat and sulfur oil on my scalp.
How are the rest of you ladies doing? What are your main stays?

PS I mainly keep my hair covered in coconut oil and in a loose top knot twist on top of my head under a bonnet or conditioner cap some nights when it is not too hot

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 10 2014 at 5:13am
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:20pm
I am about an inch or so away from bsl. Im giving myself until December to get there. I am a slow grower. I get about 1/3 inch per month despite my best efforts. I take hairfinity, I invert monthly and I do scalp massages regularly. I think I need to just focus on retaining it all. So far my retention is great! I only grow about 4 inches a year and my longest strand is 11 inches. It's almost my 3 annaiversaryso I am pleased with my progress thus far :)

Edited by prettigurl - Jul 10 2014 at 1:21pm
Little Pisces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Little Pisces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 1:46am
Hey ladies, I would like to join the challenge even though its halfway through the year already Embarrassed
Will upload my progress pics and my hair story in a few hours since its almost  3 in the morning and I need to go to sleep. Cry
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 2:44am
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

Here are my pictures pre trim

both sides are now this length

Of course I forgot to take pictures of my hair. It's now in braids. But its back at the pre trim length. I think that's grazing Apl. I'm going to start the inversion method today.

Sn I was 34 weeks pregnant in these pics. I almost miss it lol
Little Pisces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Little Pisces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 2:26pm

I’m back after a long nap lol

Ok so here’s my story:

I started my hair journey in January of 2012, after having relaxed hair in middle school that was unhealthy due to bad habits such as flat ironing every morning *shudders* and not moisturizing & sealing my hair at all. I grew out the relaxer and cut off the relaxed ends as my hair grew, and in January of 2012 (my sophomore  year in HS) I re-relaxed my hair. However the stylist I went to didn’t know how to properly do hair and I ended up with texlaxed hair Ouch. I went to 3 different stylists until I went to my sister’s hairstylist, who gets my hair straight with little or no scalp burns. The 1st stylist underprocessed my hair, the 2nd one was ok until she did some unprofessional ish (I had an appointment for 12 pm and she didn’t start my hair until 6pm and rushed through my hair to get me out of the salon Angry ) and with the 3rd one I had problems with my hair underprocessing even though I would get severe scalp burns. It got so bad to the point where my hair would get cemented to my scalp and if I pulled at it my hair would come down as a huge chunk of hair instead of individual strandsCry . This happened to me the morning I was supposed to go back to school from a break and I had to wash my hair and flat iron at 2 in the morning or else I would have looked a hot a** mess.

Starting off in my hair journey I had a set routine that I would follow religiously and experimented with different routines and products (slight PJ). I did tea rinses, garlic & coffee rinses, prepoos, GHE, the inversion method and so on. I’ve gotten lazy with my hair and I’m currently in yarn braids right now so I won’t have to mess with my hair.

Relaxed

SL:NL

CL: APL?

GL: BSL by 2015

Regimen: Wash & DC every 1-2 weeks, moisturize & seal 1-2x a week. I take 1 Hair, Skin & Nails vitamin from Swansons daily

Progress Pics:

Time Stamp is wrong, its January 2013

Braidout on texlaxed hair - January 2013

April 2013 

EDIT: Had to correct some things

Edited by Little Pisces - Jul 11 2014 at 2:29pm
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 9:39pm

Here are my pictures pre trim

both sides are now this length

Of course I forgot to take pictures of my hair. It's now in braids. But its back at the pre trim length. I think that's grazing Apl. I'm going to start the inversion method today.

Sn I was 34 weeks pregnant in these pics. I almost miss it lol
iBet, I am not sure but if you are pregnant you might want to retrack the inversion method.
It could be very dangerous.
Are you still pregnant?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 7:00am
Lovely to meet you Little Pisces sounds like you have been through a lot so let's hope this is the year for the growth you seek. Thanks for joining our journey. Smile

I need to get back into coconut oil Lady A. I know it works for me but never stay consistent, I will have to try and figure out a way to use it a lot more. I think it is the fact it is always solid and I prefer a oil to slide on my hair like bam! 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>