Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by kimichanga kimichanga wrote:

Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

Braided up and wearing LF as my PS. Tomorrow is my takedown. Thursday is my wash day.
I'm not expecting anything grandiose, just hoping for 1/4 inch this week.
More later...

I see a few people mentioned grapeseed oil. How's that working out? I have some that I haven't used yet. Been on the EVOO and JBCO for a few years. Coconut oil didn't work for me. It made my hair gummy.

Girl I LOVE it.  My hair is somewhat fine so I need something light, but Jojoba was too light in my opinion.  Its perfect for my hair, and not to mention you get the benefits of ceramides.  Definitely worth a try.

You totally reminded me why I bought it in the first place - CEREMIDES! As soon as I read that, I remembered. I can't work it into my regimen for June but for July I think that will be a great hot oil treatment. Yes?

Sponsored Links

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:42pm
Washday went great. Lots of little ripples but not convinced that it was a quarter inch. Washed, Nioxin-ed, DC'd for about 2 hours with Megatek and JBCO. My thickness came back immediately! 

Braided into medium sized braids, then applied my mix then baggied. When it dried, I put the Glovers (5% Sulfur) in between the braids. Also started inversion last night. 4 minutes isn't too much to ask, but I'm still skeptical about what the results will be. 

Edited by flwonline - Jun 06 2014 at 6:43pm
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 10:36pm
Finally took my sew in down , thinking of real installing. I took a picture to compare to my previous progress but It doesn't look like much has changed in length :( but I do have to say that my hair feels so much thicker and strong. Is it weird that the length of my ponytail increased but I'm not quite seeing a change when it's stretched.
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:48am
Welcome back Amber! Hope you get your hair back on track it looks good to me.

Keep at the massaging inversion flwonline it not only stimulates your scalp to help growth but is also quite relaxing.

That is weird redbone couldn't tell you the amount of times I've looked at my hair knowing it's longish but then thinking I'm neck length. Damn my medium to fine strands.    

Edited by KikiScorpio92 - Jun 09 2014 at 3:52am
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:02am
I've had my mini twists in for 14 days as of today. I was thinking of having them in another week but I should know better than to do that as I tried it before 2 years ago and it was a mess.

The water only wash method has been working just fine for me. I did have a crazy section of dandruff in front but I scrubbed it to death and now it's gone. I'm not giving up and I feel like this method is benefiting my hair so far.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:25am
CHECK-IN:
I clarified my hair yesterday, and I'm wearing a twist-out today.
I stopped oiling/massaging my scalp this weekend, so my plan for that is to put my hair in medium-small sized braids and wear it like that for Monday night-Friday morning since I work in the afternoon.
I'm gonna braid my hair tonight and oil tonight.
Gotta go grocery shopping and study for most of the day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:32am
Specs on the vitamins I'm taking
-Multi-vitamin~Women's Daily Multivitamin (Target)
-Biotin~Natrol brand 5,000 mcg for Hair & Nails
-HSN supplement~OneSource(Walmart)
-Collagen~Youtheory(6grams per 6 tablets)
I switch between taking 3-6/day, just to spread it out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 8:34am
I started the inversion method last night. Before, I planned to do it for four weeks to see if that changes the amount of growth attained, but I never followed through so I'm trying that this time. 😥
kimichanga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimichanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 3:50pm
Guuuuurl......Just found some black tea at the office.  Looking at the ingredients, it also includes bergamot oil which stimulates the blood flow to the follicles around the roots and infuses into strands to give hair strength and shine. (Earl Grey Tea) Needless to say, we are now out of black tea in the break room ShockedSooooo looking forward to my first black tea rinse on hair wash day! (Friday)

Has any one else had positive results from black tea rinses?
kimichanga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimichanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 4:30pm
btw, got baptized SundayClap and had to do an unexpected clarifying wash to rid my hair of the chlorine, but didn't have time to DC because I had work the next day.  I had just washed my hair the day prior, so my hair is in desperate need of moisture.  What's a good protein free DC?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>