Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 28>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 6:57am
Sounds like the install has paid off redbone, bet you can't wait yo see the growth.
Sponsored Links

redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Sounds like the install has paid off redbone, bet you can't wait yo see the growth.

I sure can't I'm excited because I was at one point where I just wanted to cut it all off before joining this challenge because my hair was so damage. But thanks ! :)
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:06am
I've neglected my hair way too much these past few months... (Though my hair has grown some, it is SUPER dry--and I can't be having that)
So, I am going to come back to a healthy hair regiment, which I have evaded doing as well.
Tomorrow (in the morning) I am going to finish my dry detangling and get ready for a DC & protein treatment.

I also plan to go to the health store and get some more Coconut oil that my hair loves.

I've been hiding my hair, which I have grown tired of
And I think at this point I need to wear my hair out, so I'll be forced to take care of it also.
I'll be two years natural since 2nd BC in August, and I am ready to finish this one strong!

I'm back!
Hopefully! : )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:10am
I am back from the store, and I got my hair some well-needed goodies (new products), though I forgot the Coconut oil. (snap) I'll have to get it next time.

So today I'll be between DCing/Protein treating and doing my notes for class.

I'll also be snapping a pic from the back, though I don't want to do an update picture, it is time for one though.

I measured my hair with a ruler and most parts are at 8"-a lil over 9".
I'm a bit surprised, though I didn't record how many inches my hair was before.

Can't wait to try out my new products. : D

How's everyone else doing(?)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:58am
Sitting underneath this blowdryer Deep Conditioning my hair for the next thirty minutes
: )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:12pm
Here's my length pic now
Going to wash my DC treatment out in a few.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:48pm
I also bought myself some of that bottled oil--the "7" type of oil...
Walmart didn't have my favorite Africa's Best.
I'm going to use this to make a sulfur oil mix.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:58pm
I'm Creating a new regimen...

Styling:

I'll be wearing my hair "out", as I'm bored with protective styling. I will be trying twist-outs/braidouts and the like.

I can't wait to try bantu-knot-outs. ^_^

Detangling/Washing:

I will detangle my hair dry and in a stretched state with oil. (Avocado or Grape Seed oil)
The use of oil will also be my "Pre-poo"
I will wash once every 10-14 days.

DC/Protein treatment:

Plan to Deep treat 1x a week then increase to 2x a week.
I will use a protein treatment as needed.

Growth "Aides":

I'm starting back increasing my water intake and a daily intake of 

-Multi-vitamin
-Biotin
-HSN supplement
-Collagen

*I'll add the specs on these later*

Use of sulfur oil blend - I'll make my mix tomorrow.

Edited by AmberColour - Jun 02 2014 at 11:00pm
kimichanga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimichanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:59am
I am doing surprisingly well.  who would have thought that the key to growth wasn't Dr. Miracle? LOL

Any hoo..been working the full lace wig err-day,  GHE more often since it seems to help with my super dry ends, weekly Giovanni deep condish, etc, etc. finally tried grape seed oil for the first time and I am hooked.  I must say, I am pleased and excited about my progress, including the heat damage on top from the LAST sew in weave.  It's much shorter due to breakage causing my hair to look super thin, but I'm seeing growth there too.  I am also pleased to announce that I have edges again YEEEEESSS!!!! 

Only 6 months in to this journey, and already my hair is the longest it's ever been.  Hella juiced.

J_Shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 3:29pm
I'm so in right now! I have been messing up my hair and ish. SMHHH and I know better. but I gave myself a wonderful DC and now im in a sew in. been in one since the the beginning of May. Been moisturizing and sealing bout 3 times a week. And washing and DCing. I'm relaxed but haven't had a relaxer since December and ill get one once I take out my sew in at the end of this month. I will down a length check and show a side by side from my pic taken in April. I'm also taking that Manetabolism vitamin and it is growing my edges back nicely so i hope it is doing good for the rest of my hair. I'll be back!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style