Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 29>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:35am
As you can see... my hair is up in a bun and you can see my scalp on the bottom right side which is not normal because my hair is super thick so somehow I had breakage in this one area. 
About 5 weeks ago I took my box braids down, relaxed a week later.  I have only used heat twice in the last 6 weeks.  I  never would have noticed this if I hadn't decided to put my hair up in a bun to give it a rest.  So it's definitely not from the bun because it's only been in a bun for 2 days.  I haven't switched products.  I did start washing every 2 weeks instead of every week which helped me cut back on heat.  I don't think it was like this 2 weeks ago when I last flat ironed because I think I would have noticed not having any hair to actually flat iron in that area. I'm so distraught because I hope it is just contained to this one area.
Thoughts??????
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 8:23pm
I am so sorry this happened to you RelaxedTresses.  It is always such a challenge to keep all your tresses with relaxers.  Maybe texlaxing instead  will lighten the load on your hair so it can strengthen ? I know how you feel about having your hair really straight.  Embarrassed  But stretching, texlaxing and extreme moisturizing might be your best friend about now. Is there a protective style you like? Maybe a high bun with loads of moisturizer on the hair?
I know you will come to the best conclusions for YOU and see your way through this setback.  We're with you RT! 
Best wishes
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 5:48am
I think im going to try mn. I will start it on the 20th when I try the inversion method again.
I want a smooth consistency though .. .
Off to look up recipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 10:21am
Thanks Lady!  I'm not quite sure what happened.  I don't think I over processed.  I don't really like texlaxing but I am really careful about over processing.  I only relax every four months.  But yeah...high bun and braid-outs for the rest of this month and then crochet braids.  I've been moisturizing and rubbing the area with castor oil like crazy!!!!
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:32am
Hey Ladies. Long time no speak, my professional life has been pulling me away from all the things that matter to me lie here, my writing projects and family. I'M back now , will post pictures of how far my hair has come and days I've taken it down. I'm pretty lazy right now as I'm working constantly. Lovely to see your all striving and don't forget photo updates end of this month.
DarkCoCoO9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkCoCoO9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:46am
Count me in,

I think im close apl length now,
Aiming for bsl by August.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:37pm
I want to join, trying to reach bsl this year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 6:47pm
So this weekend I used the aphogee 2 step and then deep conditioned with ORS replenishing conditioner.  Hair feels healthy and strong.  I did bantu knots and then I'll probably put back in bun.  I've gone back to taking my hair vitamins and using Liquid gold sulfur based hair oil (I had really good results with these two products last year.  I should be bsl by summer!!! (despite my little setback in the nape area Angry
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 2:49pm
Hi everyone , I would love to join. I'll be back later with my regimen.
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 2:58pm
Previous length : SL
Current length : NL

Background :my hair was previously bleached and on top of that dye and heat damage was placed upon my hair. I actually went to professionals for this but this was a huge mistake. My hair was breaking off really bad and falling out terribly so I was forced to cut my hair to NL in Jan and with the cut the breakage stopped (not all of it but it isn't as bad as it used to be).

Short term goal is to return back to SL, and my long term is to reach BSL. I will be using protective styles during this journey. I just took out some braids and now I'll be wearing wigs for sometime. While wearing these wigs I'll be keeping my hair underneath moisturized. I will be doing deep conditions bi weekly and Co washes weekly. I was thinking of getting some hair vitamins but I'm kind of skeptical.

Products that will be used :

1. Doo gro stimulating growth oil
2. Doo gro mediated hair vitality
3. Ors hair mayonnaise
4. Creme of nature strength and shine leave in conditioner
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair