Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 29>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 9:43am
Hey guys I would like to join. I just cut off about 2 inches of hair on Wednesday so I am back at BSL. My routine is pretty simple: Moisturize/Seal twice daily. Co-wash once a week. I set with curlformers after each wash. No Heat. Protein treatment once every 6 weeks. I use WEN products almost exclusively. Planning on buying a new weave and then adding in protective styling here and there.

I have about 2 inches to reach MBL. 4 inches to WL. My goal is to reach MBL by my bday (April 29) and WL by September. I've been taking hair vitamins so that should hopefully speed things up.

Sponsored Links

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by DominicanCurls DominicanCurls wrote:

Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Oooh I love wash days myself! They are therapeutic for my body and soul - seriously!!

I just washed my yesterday also as it has been straight for 2 weeks no heat damage woop woop!! I've just realised how big my hair actually can be with constant bunning most of 2013. Will be stickibg to bunning once again and little manipulation. Works wonderfully

How do you assess heat damage on your hair Kiki? Sorry if it's a dumb question, just want to know if there's specific things I should be looking out for.

It will look thinner than the rest of the hair at the ends and won't curl back up. That's the general signs. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 2:54pm
Hair looking lovely and thick assiyrabomb welcome to challenge. Your goal definitely seems attainable by your birthday, best of luck my love!! Wink

Queen.T.O. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Queen.T.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 2:07pm
I am interested in joining this challenge. I am currently relaxed but i have been stretching my relaxer for about 5 months. I do not have a strict routine but I basically wash every 2 weeks and deep condition randomly. I do not have a recent picture of my hair length but I'm usually around APL so I am making my goal MBL by the end of the year. I will be starting Biotin tomorrow 5000 mcg's daily. http://public.fotki.com/QueenTO/hair/img-0066.html this picture is from october. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:08pm
Welcome Queen.T.O. me and you basically have the same "routine" except for I'm natural, lovely starting picture. Smile
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 4:00pm
Let me inEmbarrassed!!! I am almost APL. I primarily wear buns or throw on wigs. I condition my hair 2 or 3 times weekly and shampoo my hair maybe once a month. That's pretty much it. Aiming for BSL by the end of the year. I BC'd last year. Pics are coming soon. 
miszscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miszscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 9:09pm
I am still trying to figure out what products works best for me and how often to do this and that, blah blah blah. I have a long journey ahead of me, but I know I will have long locks soon since I stopped flat-ironing. I used to flat iron everyday, and days I had special places to go to, I would most likely flat iron before work, when I got to work, before class that day and afterwards. OMG talk about horrible damage. I would post pics but I would rather post before and after pics side by side for a real check-up in a couple of months and mainly because my hair looks a hot mess short and fugly right now. I want to "awe" the crowd. lol ... hopefullyCool
crysm2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crysm2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 8:55pm
Thank you so much for this info LadyAradia, I really did like the black but was NEVER going to do that again after what happened

Also after joining this thread I've been taking you ladies ideas and incorporating them into my routine. I've been doing protective styles for the last week wearing my hair in a bun. I've also incorporating the moisturizing and sealing which my hair loves. I'm going to wash and deep condition this weekend with my ORS replenish pak, but not sure if I want to wear my hair down or continue with the buns. My main concern is that with my hair constantly being pulled back or up wearing the buns that this won't cause any stress on my edges. I don't have an issue with thinning edges and I don't wear my hair tight but I've been seeing a lot of women wearing buns with sparse edges and def don't want mine to start looking like theirs

Edited by crysm2k - Jan 17 2014 at 9:00pm
danelle15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danelle15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 12:16am
Hey Happy New Year, Sounds good :)
Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:18am
I trimmed about an inch to an inch and a half off my ends. This is after a blowout and flat iron.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 29>
  Share Topic