Hello ladies. I am new to the community and wanted to join a challenge to keep myself in the straight and narrow
; although I must confess
that I've been reading the posts for a while and it's been incredibly
helpful on my hair journey.
Right now, I'm SL and I think I am
aiming for BSL by the end of 2014 although my real focus is keeping my
hair healthy. I'm currently texlaxed but want to transition to all
natural; the last time I got a texturizer was August 2013 and God
willing that was my last. I got a texturizer because I did not know how
to handle my hair while short and got frustrated
I think I am 3c/4a natural but after the texturizer I don't know anymore
just got a trim to get rid of all my split ends, and realized that the
way my hairstylist has been cutting my hair is the main reason of all my
split ends. I got an inch cut in August and on Dec. 30 got one and
inch and a half cut again.
My main goal is to keep my ends healthy while I get rid of this haircut and texlaxed hair. So here it goes:
This is my long term hair program with things I regularly do to my hair within my regime.
1. Henna every other week
2. Hot oil (own blend) every other week
3.DC every other week
4. Special treatment (cellophane, protein treatments, Cherry Lola treatment, etc) every other week
5. Castor oil/ coconut oil+ Shea butter prepoo every other week
6. Dusting every 6-8 weeks
7. Professional trim every 3-4 months
8. Rosemary rinse once a month
9. Oatmeal rinse every month
10. Clarifying shampoo every month
11. ACV scalp cleaning and rinse once a month
My night routine consists of:
1. Growth treatment applied to scalp (monistad in water, nioxin, etc)
2. Mist ends lightly with water and apply a leave in conditioner
3. Seal my ends with oil
4. Cover hair with a satin scarf and night night
On Tuesday nights I alternate between sulfur oil or Gro oil applied to my
scalp; then I lightly damp my hair with water, apply a leave in
conditioner and my prepoo oil blend and do the green house method. The
next day I cowash. Weekends is when I do the heavy stuff.
I also take a multivitamin, biotin and MSM daily? (Well, I try)
ladies there it is. Let me know what you think of my extensive routine
and if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.
Edited by DominicanCurls - Jan 05 2014 at 3:40pm