Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
crysm2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crysm2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 11:41am
I'm going to try and incorporate some protective styles such as buns but with the cold weather and wearing hats, this may not work for me.
Sponsored Links

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 6:45am
No worries Sapphire, thanks for joining us again you and me both on the longest layer then, wish my front would catch up to the back.

Post when you would like crysm2k , I appericiate the fact you are relaxed as it's lovely to see a diverse trend of bslengthers and mblengthers LOL. It would probably be good to post before the end of January though cause a photo update will be coming at the end of March.

Welcome back prettigurl  and no problem on rules LOL we just need to get our grow on!! 

Thank you for joining jadorenaturality92 I think this will be you year to get to meet your goals now you've been through the strict rules and regulations, best of luck!

Welcome LongHairDarkSkin. Smile

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 6:55am

From my back I would say between shoulder blade as my strap length line varies according to a particular one I wear. Front and crown are still playing catch up and my sides and are where my back layers lye. 

Aiming for mbl length sides and back and bsl front and crown.
miszscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miszscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 11:24am
I would like to join see there is no other threads open for challenges this new year.
miszscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miszscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 11:38am
I am not going to push towards BSL by the end of this year but that would be awesome. Right now I am shoulder length and I am still tweaking my hair regimen, especially after just finding out my hair porosity. Ladies, if you do not know your hair porosity, please do the research, because it will help you tremendously in what your hair truly needs. I have low porosity hair so I am trying to keep light products in my hair and will co-wash throughout the week as needed since I am exercising and shampoo every week. I will also do a deep conditioner every week until my hair tells me to stop. I will do a protein treatment every month or as needed. I moisturize and seal every other day. I massage my scalp for at least 10 minutes a day with/ or without oil. I have been doing the GHE method three nights a week and have just started doing the inversion method this week, so I will see the results this coming Wed. Like I said, I am still tweaking my hair regimen and I am really new to this journey so I am at least hoping for APL by the end of this year!
LongHairDarkSkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LongHairDarkSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 3:13pm
Yes, my hair needs detangling Ouch. It's a bit past my bra and fuller on the ends but I didn't want to put too much tension on my already matted dry hair. I'll replace it with a better pic once I get the chance...

DON'T QUOTE
DON'T QUOTE
DominicanCurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DominicanCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 3:21pm
Hello ladies. I am new to the community and wanted to join a challenge to keep myself in the straight and narrow Wink; although I must confess that I've been reading the posts for a while and it's been incredibly helpful on my hair journey.

Right now, I'm SL and I think I am aiming for BSL by the end of 2014 although my real focus is keeping my hair healthy. I'm currently texlaxed but want to transition to all natural; the last time I got a texturizer was August 2013 and God willing that was my last. I got a texturizer because I did not know how to handle my hair while short and got frustrated Ouch.

I think I am 3c/4a natural but after the texturizer I don't know anymore   

I just got a trim to get rid of all my split ends, and realized that the way my hairstylist has been cutting my hair is the main reason of all my split ends. I got an inch cut in August and on Dec. 30 got one and inch and a half cut again.

My main goal is to keep my ends healthy while I get rid of this haircut and texlaxed hair. So here it goes:

This is my long term hair program with things I regularly do to my hair within my regime.

1. Henna every other week
2. Hot oil (own blend) every other week
3.DC every other week
4. Special treatment (cellophane, protein treatments, Cherry Lola treatment, etc) every other week
5. Castor oil/ coconut oil+ Shea butter prepoo every other week
6. Dusting every 6-8 weeks
7. Professional trim every 3-4 months
8. Rosemary rinse once a month
9. Oatmeal rinse every month
10. Clarifying shampoo every month
11. ACV scalp cleaning and rinse once a month

My night routine consists of:

1. Growth treatment applied to scalp (monistad in water, nioxin, etc)
2. Mist ends lightly with water and apply a leave in conditioner
3. Seal my ends with oil
4. Cover hair with a satin scarf and night night

On Tuesday nights I alternate between sulfur oil or Gro oil applied to my scalp; then I lightly damp my hair with water, apply a leave in conditioner and my prepoo oil blend and do the green house method. The next day I cowash. Weekends is when I do the heavy stuff.

I also take a multivitamin, biotin and MSM daily? (Well, I try)

Well ladies there it is. Let me know what you think of my extensive routine and if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Edited by DominicanCurls - Jan 05 2014 at 3:40pm
crysm2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crysm2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 5:06pm
Hey DominicanCurls,

Quick question: what is the green house method?

Also I'm having issues trying to upload pics on the forum, is anyone else getting an error message?

Edited by crysm2k - Jan 05 2014 at 5:08pm
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 7:23pm
I'm in...I'm in braids until the end of January so I will post a pic then. My plan is to keep protective styling until March because this cold is ridiculous here. My regimine is pretty simple
Wash once a week
Deep condition once a week
Coconut oil to Pre poo, seal, etc
Protective styling like crazy

Edited by relaxedtresses - Jan 05 2014 at 7:25pm
DominicanCurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DominicanCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by crysm2k crysm2k wrote:

Hey DominicanCurls,

Quick question: what is the green house method?

Also I'm having issues trying to upload pics on the forum, is anyone else getting an error message?

________________________________________________________________________________

The green house method or green housing is the effect you get when you cover you hair with a plastic cap overnight. The heat from your body open up the pores on your scalp therefore aiding in the absorption of any oils or growth aids you apply on it. People also claim that it helps with length retention because it creates a moist environment that is beneficial for hair.

As per the pictures; it seems that we can only share pictures from a public photo album website like fotki, that was the only way I could upload mine. Hope this helps Smile 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>