Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSL & MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
    Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 6:03am
Hey Ladies!! Happy New Year to all, time for new challenges and growth! Smile

So I am not particular with rules except for maybe one:

- Photo updates at end of March, June, September and December/January 2015
  For people who are hiding there hair if you can monitor a section before you put your hair under that would be helpful.

So ladies if you would like to join me, discuss, encourage and be happy. Have fun it's only hair at the end of the day! LOL

Good Luck!! Star
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:24am
Hi KIKI I will join you in this because i want to touch base at MBL on my way to WL this year. Im BSL now. I co wash at least every 2 weeks. I like to do a yogurt, bragg liquid amino  honey and olive oil soak pre co wash for about an hour before I co wash every 2 weeks. I helps with tangles and makes the hair smoother. I am natural now and 3b bsl. Want to get some ORS Replenish conditioner as a staple again. I usually use ApHogee 2 minute after co wash.

I immediately put oil in my hair when it is wet along with some sort of leave in to help detangle. Then I air dry it and put it in a bun on top of my head. I try to  oil it everyday and comb as little as possible. I ghe a few nights a week and use mn and sulfur oil with inversion and 15 minute massage at least 2 or 3 nights a week if not nightly. I like  Maxi hair pills and NEED some MSM to  take 3 tbspns daily to keep hair in growth phase.
Good luck ladies and HHG!

Edited by LadyAradia - Jan 02 2014 at 1:25pm
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 2:59pm
I join this challenge.
My hair is about armpit length right now. I plan on wearing sew-ins, wigs, and braids for the year. In between styles I'll probably just wear my hair in a simple puff/afro. I normally don't have any leave out unless its afro kinky curly. I prefer to wear lace closures withe my sew-ins and wigs. 

I wash my hair once a week, i use my shea moisture shampoo, and Mill creek biotin conditioner or giovanni deep moisture conditioner. I use the cantu for naturals moisture spray, the leave in, and the curl activator cream, and glycerin and water to keep my hair moisturized underneath the tracks. I plan to do the aphogee 2 step treatment each time I take out my hair. Along with a deep conditoner (shea moisture purification masque or giovanni deep moisture)

I want to try the new shea moisture line as well and see how those work for me

I also use a homemade sulfur oil to help keep my scalp health and promote growth
I would like to get my hair to bsl or mbl this year.

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 5:38am
Welcome ladies!! Smile

So glad you can join. My hair routine is pretty simple at the moment, it's currently straightened I will be washing at the end of this week. I spritz and oil every other day and try to wash every fortnight just depends how my hair is feeling or looking. With this challenge I'm trying to reduced many products so that I only have core 5. 

I have start pictures from the BSl/BSB  2013 which I'll have to post here on my laptop.

Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:42am
I would like to join to, however, my hair is still in braids from Nov and I'm not planning to take them down until the end of January. I can post my pics then. The only thing in my regimen that has changed is sealing my hair with castor oil. I'm hoping my longest layers will be mbl by the end of the year.
crysm2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crysm2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 7:33pm
I haven't been in a challenge in awhile and want to join this one. I know you said there were no rules but it seems everyone is natural which I'm not. I actually just started back relaxing after transitioning for a year and 2 months.

Before transitioning my hair was apl but not sure if it was dying my hair black or seeing a different beautician but my hair broke off tremendously. I experienced a lot of shedding in the earlier months and cut my hair to chin length since my ultimate goal was to be completely natural.

I co-washed daily during the summer with the Pantene natural line co-wash and used shea moisture curling soufflé or Moroccan oil curl mousse for my curls.

Now that I'm relaxed again my routine is doing a pre-poo with EVOO for at least an 1hr, washing every 2 weeks with either Africa's Best Olive Oil shampoo or Pantene Relaxed line conditioning shampoo (which ever I have in the house at the time) I deep condition with ORS replenish pak or crème of nature argan oil deep conditioner. I use Africa's Best Olive oil leave in conditioner. I use the ORS setting lotion and roller set my hair. If I do this early enough in the day, I let my roller set air dry but if not sit under the dryer so as not to sleep with the rollers (I have done this before and definitely not a good night's sleep) I wear my curls for about a few days but end up flat ironing. When I do flat iron its only once and not daily and I use Garnier Frutis flat iron heat protectant spray (I believe its part of their sleek and shine line)

My hair is brushing just slightly below sl and I'm hoping by April I will be at least apl again. I'm also swearing off going to the salon because when I was doing my hair myself is when it was long and I believe no one will take better care of your hair than YOU.

I'm up for the challenge!!! Should I post a pic now of what my hair looks like? I'm looking to finally upload a profile pic anyway.

ETA: I also take a multi-vitamin and biotin daily

Edited by crysm2k - Jan 03 2014 at 7:37pm
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 7:36pm
Im in. My current length is apl. Im rocking a messy bun right now. Im natural 4b, but im mostly a straight hair gal. in between blowouts I wear wigs for a few months to give my hair a break.
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 7:36pm
Thanks Op for not having a fafillion rules lol!
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:36am
    I've reached 4c APL finally after 3 1/2 years and I'm on my way to BSL hopefully by the end of the year. This is a no to low stress goal for me. Last year I was apart of the all year protective style challenge and I got really into it. I gave myself too many rules and I self sabotages by doing so. I'm gonna do more with my hair this year because I've started a finger detangling routine that makes me so happy. I'm gonna still keep protective styling in mind only sans weave for 2014.  

Edited by jadorenaturality92 - Jan 04 2014 at 3:39am
LongHairDarkSkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LongHairDarkSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 11:02am
I'm in. 

Currently bsl 4b natural... I'm going to remain humble and stay my behind right here in this challenge. Hoping for full mbl. I'll be back with a starting pic.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>