Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

BSL/BSB 2013.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 33>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 10:05am
Results I received was more "hangtime" and less effort to detangle. I have also discovered that my hair likes s curl activator. My hair is wet in both pics and the white is just aussie moist that I didn't rinse out completely.

Sponsored Links

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 9:44am
Your hair is still looking fab Sapphire, glad you can be more relaxed about your it, no doubt I believe them ssk's will be heavily reduced, I myself am a long term sufferer of them Ouch

Welcome to September, as the weather cools for most of us we need to be protected those ends once again to get maximum growth and of course heavier moisturisers. Does anyone's routine change drastically at this time of year?

My progress pictures are coming at the end of this month as that should be round the time I will reveal my pictures in the 1 inch in 1 week challenge and there won't being any major changes in a week.

Hope we are all well Smile
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 10:16pm

Here is my update as promised. I have taken my install down. Working on getting a protein treatment and a trim. Letting it rest before I braid it up later this month!

Haven't decided how long I will leave this next install in for. Will come back to update my part

Edited by MinnieMe - Sep 07 2013 at 10:18pm
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 10:50am
Congratulations on your txlx  Sapphire. Did you see my posts on Bragg Liquid Aminos and yogurt? I think you would really enjoy trying that to make sure your hair is in good condition after the txlx. I got 32 ounces of  Bragg Liquid Aminos for about $7 plus shipping. 

But basically I put the liquid amino liquid in all my conditioners and I use it with yogurt once a week as a 2 hour pre poo. I add honey and olive oil to it because honey is a humectant that moisturizes the hair and olive oil also moisturizes and would be like a hot oil treatment.  The amino acid treatment repairs all structural damage of raised cuticles and restores the hair to look like how it did before chemicals under a microscope.   The yogurt with that is also supposed to tame and super condition hair. So I do it once a week or once every 2 weeks just to try to keep all my hair on my head and keep the hair repaired.  I put a conditioner cap on my head. I twist up a 3 foot long piece of paper towel around the edges of the cap to keep it from dripping on my face and neck. I lay down and relax or watch tv with it on my head for 2 hours. After I rinse it out I just put in a cream rinse or a regular conditioner in the hair to soften   and style as usual.

That would be so good for you since you're chemically treated now to help keep your hair strong and smooth! It might also help to define your curls and make them pop more.

PS Again the baking soda in her formula is to lift the hair's cuticles so it can soak in more. I don't put that in. But I do add honey and oil to moisturize the hair. Also I put MORE Bragg Aminos so it looks brown instead of the creamy color she goes for.
This video talks about amino acids in general and what they can do for the hair.
I do not buy their reanimator. Bragg Liquid Aminos contains the same amino acids

16 Amino Acids
  • Alanine
  • Arginine
  • Aspartic Acid
  • Glutamic Acid
  • Glycine
  • Histidine
  • Isoleucine
  • Leucine
  • Methionine
  • Phenylalanine
  • Proline
  • Serine
  • Threonine
  • Tyrosine
  • Valine
  • Lysine 
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT and hope that helps!

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 10 2013 at 1:38pm
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:10am
MinnieMe, slow grower my ass!! Them progress pictures are awesome all that leaving alone served you well congratulations, roll on waist length?!
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:29pm
Thanks KikiScorpio! I am a slow grower lol.
I shed so much hair it can fill a small sandwich size bag. I only get .5 inches a month which I read is slow
Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 4:25pm
Congrats on your length MinnieMe! I'd say another 6 months and you would def be waist length!

Thanks for the advice Lady. I will prob give that a go when I come back from vacation.
Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 4:26pm
As for fall/winter weather, the only thing that changes for me is that I use castor oil as my sealeant. I want to try JBCO but I'm not sure yet.
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 11:08pm
Thanks Sapphire! I surely hope in 6 months it touches my waist. Ill pop my head in and out to check on you ladies!
HHJ
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 12:44pm
I am declaring BSL (Bra Strap Length)

So I guess Mid Back Length is next (MBL)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 33>
  Share Topic