Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BSL/BSB 2013.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 33>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 1:43am
MinnieMe that's so awesome Clap you may be a slow grower but I need some of that growth right now. My hair has died on gone to natural heaven. LOLConfused
Sponsored Links

AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 5:11pm
@Minnieme

Thats some great growth
PhoenixInFlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhoenixInFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 7:03pm
Wow it's been a month since I've updated. 1st let me say that I am such a big fat liar! Sort of. Whenever I say I'm going to do something with my hair it rarely happens or I end up doing something else entirely.
Those senegalese twists I was supposed to leave in for 2 months? 3 weeks. I ended up taking them out because I was getting sick of the mass and weight. It was at a point where it was time for me to touch up the edges and the twists around my part but I ended up just removing them altogether. Once they were removed I couldn't wait to use the ORS creamy aloe shampoo and DC with the replenishing conditioner. After blowdrying and flat ironing my hair felt great. Soft, bouncy and full of body. So I will be sticking with my ORS no-lye instead of switching to lye now that I know what to do to get the softness back.

That 24 week maybe 16 week stretch I was suppose to be on? I touched-up at 14 weeks last Monday. For the first time I did a mid-step protein treatment using the Aphogee 2-min and my hair felt the strongest and most conditioned it ever felt after an at home no-lye relaxer. I will continue to do that. This is my length right after my relaxer last week. I suck because I'm not being consistent with my LC pics as far as wearing the same bra. This one sits lower than the one in my earlier LC pic up thread.

I think the bra I'm wearing in this pic actually sits at MBL because about 2 inches lower is my waist. I'm confidently claiming APL right now which is great. At this length I've decided no more weaving or extensions where I am adding tension to my hair. My buns and updo's look great at this length so I am just maintaining.

Another great thing about me removing my twists is I am able to use my sulfur oil mix. I've been doing the GHE while my hair is in 4 or 5 cornrows about 3 times a week. At the end of the week I'm washing and conditioning, wearing it out for the 2 or 3 days that it's necessary for me to then cornrowing it back up. Moisturizing, oiling and GHE'ing until the next wash and repeat cycle. I think this regimen is something I can stick to and it should give me great results.

Would I be too ambitious to shoot for MBL by December? That is my ultimate goal. Any length after that would be bonus, but I could see myself maintaining at MBL.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 9:22pm
Your hair looks great. I think you can be MBL by December! Check out my thread on using  Monistat as a growth aid to help you get there!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 2:18pm
Feb 23 

April 25 after  cutting 1 inch off bottom line and coloring March10
Just got this cute shirt today in the mail. Air dried really funky after co washing this morning. Had trimmed about an inch about a month ago to even ends at bottom. 

PS Pardon my bra straps...but the bra looks to be between line 8 & 9. So about 2 1/2" for bsl for me

PSS My hair is getting almost natural again at the roots. The curl is coming back
Of course if i didn't cut that thin V off the bottom  and cut a straighter line instead it would have been longer

Maybe I will take another pic after wrapping tonight so the texture looks better 

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 25 2013 at 7:15pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 2:28am
Wouldn't mind just straightening if I had a good technique sick of looking at my curls atm and it ain't wig season so I'm two minds what to do now.
Everybody sounds like there doing great and PhoenixinFlight don't worry about the little blunders as your looking after your hair no one curr

Edited by KikiScorpio92 - Apr 26 2013 at 2:30am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 5:22am
did you want to texlax  with something like Just for Me texturizer or just flat iron Kiki?   
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 1:37pm
^ I would LOVE to straighten my hair, but not only am I worried about damaging my hair and it breaking off, but I don't know much about the different straightening techniques. So far I like the claims for a reverse perm, but I don't know yet. I need to look into the ones you mentioned.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 1:56pm
a reverse perm will not work well on African American hair because it tries to stretch the curl to a looser pattern without softening the bonds first to loosen the curl. AAs who tried reverse perms report little to no loosening of curl, only chemical damage and nothing to show for it. Since  you are Caucasian perhaps that will work for you. For AA hair a product similar to a Wave Nouveau is used which is a permanent wave but it does straighten the hair as step 1 with the same chemical before rodding it so it will work on AA hair.

The question was not addressed to you. I was actually responding to Kiki. I have no idea what type of hair you have Natty so I would not recommend the above post products to you at all since you say you are Caucasian. For a Caucasian you would more likely used the 1)Japanese straightener like I use which is the same chemical as a curly perm OR 2) what you call a reverse perm but having the perm solution combed thru 1st to straighten / soften the bonds and set on 1 1/2" - 2" diameter jumbo rods

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 26 2013 at 2:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 2:03am
No LadyA I was having a real low point cause it seems my hair has given up on growing and just looks at me like I ain't shiftin'
I did straighten in the end and since I'm seeing Beyonce tonight I just need to look presentable so will see how it goes. Tbh I might consider going back to comb thru texturizer when I'm a lot older. It worked well for me when I was young :)
Eta: Omgosh I remember a JustForMe in a white and green box It made my scalp tingle something crazy never again!

Edited by KikiScorpio92 - Apr 27 2013 at 2:06am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System