Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

BSL/BSB 2013.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 33>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 1:53am
That comb/brush laser thing you brought LadyA looks similar to this ionic thing I have I'll have to take a picture and show you guys what I mean it's hard to explain on here. Let us know how you get on with it.
Sunflower is a great ceramide. For relaxed heads it adds a nice healthy shine and for naturals it definitely strengthens your strands. Used to use it on and off last year.
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 8:45am
That is great information about sunflower oil being high in ceramides...
Unfortunately, I read today that "linoleic acid, the primary fatty acid in sunflower oil, promotes mammary tumor development." 1  Confused  I read another study considering whether the linoleic acid found in sunflower oil would increase testosterone levels. 2 PinchPinch Now granted, they were discussing consuming the oil in food as opposed to putting it on the head. But just the same, I don't think I will get another bottle of it after this one is gone. I also read that the Japanese use rice bran oil for ceramides.

YES, Rice Bran Oil will be my next experiment for sulfur oil down the road... I just read on long hair forum about another woman who disliked oil in her hair like me who had great results  with rice bran oil. It is also used in horse products for a shiny coat. 3  Rice bran oil's chemical makeup is quite similar to argan oil but a heck of a lot cheaper.  I am reading that camellia oil is another VERY light non greasy oil.  Both Rice Bran Oil and Camellia Oil (Tsubaki) were used by Japanese women to "lacquer" the hair. Rice  bran oil is a natural sunblock and high in vitamin E. 

So if any of you have very fine hair like me... from what I am reading sunflower oil, rice bran oil and camellia oil are the ticket... The latter two are the healthier choices and camellia oil is even naturally fragrant as it comes from the beautiful rose like flower.

ps: The reason I do have such a hard time with oiling my scalp is because my hair is very thin and oiling the scalp of fine thin hair makes it look even thinner, wet, and flat to the head as if I have 2 strands of hair on my whole head. That being said... I MUST try EMU oil which is high in omegas and is known to "awaken the follicles", stimulate growth, and thicken the hair.... SO  I will get emu oil and rice bran oil for my next sulfur oil mix.

By the way, an emu is the largest bird in Australia.

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 09 2013 at 3:27pm
Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 12:20pm
Cowashed and deep conditioner my hair last. Also, I used my oyin whipped pudding with a little bit of lets jam for some hold. I used lottabotta as my setting solution. Used the orange, lavender (long and short)and white rods (long and short). Took about 2 hrs to roll. I separated some of the curls using apricot oil.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 1:07pm
I really like that look Sapphire. Does the apricot oil smell like apricots at all?
My hair grew 3/8th inch this month. A bit less than 1/2 inch.

renee728 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote renee728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 9:22am
@LadyAradia I'm not part of this challenge but I keep an eye on it for tips and advice.  Just wanted to say thanks for this info - I'm a fine haired lady also!  Great info!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 12:02pm
thank you too Renee728.  Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 2:29am
For this week only ladies I've put my hair in twists to work my scalp better for the 1 inch in 1 week challenge. It's gonna be super weird as I've haven't worn full blow twists in a minute how I've missed them. Plus bunning is all I know these days. LOL 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 5:20am
Going back to the bun wearing again ladies. My hair ain't having the twists anymore and thank gosh it's so much easier to slap my hair in a makeshift bun ^_^
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 5:03am
March was my last check in? Wow. Wow. Wow. Okay well here is my update. I did my length check in April. I am in a weave now and I will keep it hidden for a while. Here is my progress. I hope to make MBL by the fall

Edited by MinnieMe - Apr 22 2013 at 5:12am
Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 6:13pm
Nice growth MinnieMeThumbs Up
@ LadyAradia... It doesn't smell like apricots to me. It's very light and it didn't leave my hair greasy. It's the Now brand and I'm not sure if I got it from GNC or my local organic store.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 33>
  Share Topic