BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BSL/BSB 2013.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 33>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2013 at 7:20pm
I think I can def reach it because mbl and bsl are the same place for me and im full sl.I cant wait!!!
Sponsored Links

relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 3:19pm
Chechen your hair is so pretty!!'
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

NattyDoll I just saw a photo of your hair I believe in another thread and realized that your hair is probably too fine to stand up to greases .. is this correct? If so, you might want to mix msm powder in water to make a 10-25% solution. Simply spray this on the scalp daily for your topical growth aid instead of using the hair grease you mentioned. 
Everything is not for everyone.  So while castor oil is the only carrier that can sufficiently slightly hydrate some hair it makes mine look wet and flat. For you maybe water might be the best carrier for your growth aid? Personally I don't mind the oiliness because castor oil might have some beneficial properties for growth...I just have to hide my hair for a time.

PS I am thinking about using Infusium 23 w/ msm or even Aloe vera, water, w/ some oil and msm in a spray bottle for daily topical application. Threads range in thickness from the finest gauge spider webs to thick ropes... The applications appropriate for a rope would be inappropriate for a strand of a spider web and vice versa. Likewise one size does not fit all for hair. So its OK to customize as appropriate.

My hair LOVES oil, but I guess grease is something different completely. My hair used to be much thicker (each strand was much thicker and stronger, AND I had more hairs on my head). But hypo has wreaked havoc these past few months. >:( My hair is so frail at this point, I'm no longer considering a relaxer once it gets longer, as that will probably break off all my old length. *sigh*
TO BE FAIR, I bought the Gro Therapy in the black people hair aisle at Wal-Mart, and those products are usually a big no-no for white chicas like me. ^^; But my hair's also so dried out that every other hair oil I've tried has been just wonderful for my hair (even plain old olive oil feels great in my hair), so I thought it would work when I bought it. Maybe I should just stick to jojoba oil like I used to use. I do really look forward to making an MSM/oil spray for my hair; I think it will help my growth as well as my texture, so we'll see how that works out. :3

If I had a wig to hide my hair, I wouldn't mind oily products that don't wash out. I'm just...too poor for that right now...I'M TRYING TO BE BRAVE AND GROW IT OUT AU NATURALE. But I may wimp out later on if I can find another part-time, so we'll see. ;P (Since I'm no longer dying my hair, I'd love to have a wig I can dye constantly anyway! I hate to be so plain!)
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 12:44pm
I understand how you feel Natty about feeling being stuck between a rock and a hard place while growing your hair out. I am currently oiling my hair now twice a week and GHEing constantly like the videos on the previous page here... But it does leave my hair too flat to wear out in public. So I am totally in the same situation as you right now and I am not white.
I think you're right about wigs. I wore a lace wig last weekend but I did not glue it down. I just used an elastic band to hold it on. It kept sliding around on my head and the part of the lace totally gave it away. I found that cheaper skin top wigs look much more natural at the part to me. I used to wear a cheap tracked wig with polyurethane part  with my  own hair in front of it many years ago and that looked really natural... so I think I will look into getting one of those cheaper wigs with a skin top to slip on when I need to go out. For you, you can get some synthetic black straight wigs from China on ebay really cheaply to just slip on.
take a look at this one for $8.00. Do a search for cosplay wig on ebay and you will find a lot of cheap options. I think you can pull off that look very well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Style-fluffy-long-wavy-hair-Trim-bangs-wig-synthetic-hair-Hot-Sale-/290888506985?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&var=590115757046&hash=item43ba4e5e69

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 03 2013 at 1:03pm
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I understand how you feel Natty about feeling being stuck between a rock and a hard place while growing your hair out. I am currently oiling my hair now twice a week and GHEing constantly like the videos on the previous page here... But it does leave my hair too flat to wear out in public. So I am totally in the same situation as you right now and I am not white.
I think you're right about wigs. I wore a lace wig last weekend but I did not glue it down. I just used an elastic band to hold it on. It kept sliding around on my head and the part of the lace totally gave it away. I found that cheaper skin top wigs look much more natural at the part to me. I used to wear a cheap tracked wig with polyurethane part  with my  own hair in front of it many years ago and that looked really natural... so I think I will look into getting one of those cheaper wigs with a skin top to slip on when I need to go out. For you, you can get some synthetic black straight wigs from China on ebay really cheaply to just slip on.
take a look at this one for $8.00. Do a search for cosplay wig on ebay and you will find a lot of cheap options. I think you can pull off that look very well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Style-fluffy-long-wavy-hair-Trim-bangs-wig-synthetic-hair-Hot-Sale-/290888506985?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&var=590115757046&hash=item43ba4e5e69

Thank you very much! I'm actually looking for a good place to get good, cheap cosplay wigs for this summer anyway (yes, I'm a cosplay nerd, haha!) The one girl that works at the Sally's by my house always wears cheap cosplay wigs, and while they LOOK cheap, they're still cute, and would probably look better if she were to style them. Maybe that is the way to go. :)

If I can't find a good-looking one that I like enough, my friend has a long, real wig she got for just $50 at a flea market, so that could always be my go-to. It looks like her real hair when she wears it out, and that way she can have dark hair occasionally without having to dye her real hair and bleach it out later.

I had fake extensions that matched my natural black years ago, and I really loved how they helped me fake long hair. ;P But I would never get extensions again (except maybe to add a strip of colour here or there). They pull on your roots, cost just as much as a full wig and are somewhat embarrassing to take out when you first meet a guy, haha!
Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 6:21pm
How is everyone on their journey so far? Happy Hair Growing!
I believe you can make bsl by Dec Cheche.

After my rod set, my next hairstyle was crochet twists that I wore for about two and half weeks. My scalp was too dirty to continue on.

I took those out and did a twist and curl using strawcurls. It lasted about five days.

The next hairstyle is a puff that I divided into sections and twisted and pinned up. I have had this hairstyle in since the 2nd. I plan on taking down each twist, use the loc method and twist and pin it back up. I plan on keeping this style in for a week.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 2:28pm
Your hair looks beautiful Sapphire. You are so creative to be able to constantly think of new styles!
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2013 at 3:25am
Arghh second time posting this! Ouch
Hey ladies, I've been watching all your conversations and pictures from my phone and thank you for keeping this thread alive. Big smile

So my hair has been having good weeks and bad ones but overall it's great. I'm flying through products now and my regimen is solid. PS'ing is going well also but my main focus has been on my mothers and brothers hair, he has the thickest strands with the most density, it's very hard to get anything through LOL plus we texturized for him the other day and you couldn't even tell haha.

Anyways I think I should be at the apl hump now but I will mini S&D next week me thinks and just continue with my main regimen. I do on occasions incorporate peppermint and tea tree oil for my scalp which I think is a nice addition to routine. My length check is suppose to be in May but I'll post bun pics in the mean time. Wink

Hope you all had wonderful Easter ladies, God Bless Smile xxxx
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 4:43am
that is a  great idea KikiScorpio about essential oils.... I m waiiting on some sulphur powder now to add to my oil. I will add some peppermint, rosemary and lavender oils to them to try to do away with the sulphur smell. Also peppermint gives great scalp tingle Tongue 

ETA OH, I didn't tell you guys here, but I got a laser comb on ebay for $12 that is supposed to stimulate the hair follicles with blue and red lasers and massage the scalp while you brush the hair. it is a product from china but I see china also makes the expensive version that sells for 500.  So I will update, but it was a fun treat I gave myself and my scalp... very relaxing at night. Here is a pic of it off the web

So now Ive got all the products I can imagine for this hair journey except a portable hooded dryer. Let's hope all these products translate into some INCHES OF HAIR on my head. LOL

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 07 2013 at 4:57am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 7:49am
OK so my sulfur should be here soon and Ive gotten the essential oils... now  I need to find the lightest oil available. I just cowashed my hair, did aphogee 2 step and ors hair masque treatment. I love how light and fluffy it is with a little bit of fullness. I am just dreading when I will have to oil my scalp with this sulfur oil because my hair is so light weight that it just gets totally flat when I oil my scalp even with coconut oil and I either have to just hide my hair  or cowash again in order to look presentable.

I have a tiny bit of sunflower oil from my friend's just4me kit and I read online that it is good for people with fine hair whose hair is easily weighed down. After reading this I am leaning toward getting some sunflower oil for my sulfur oil/essential oil mix. I just read that argan oil is not oily but it is super expensive.

well I bought the sunflower oil and added the essential oils (peppermint, rosemary,lavender) to it but they smell pungent, strong, harsh and  not sweet or feminine . So I am going to look for some  fragrance oils like cherry or vanilla or coconut fragrance to make it smell softer and more pleasant. I found something called "cherry almond mango papaya fragrance".... That sounds really pretty smelling Tongue can't wait to add it to my lighter texture sunflower sulfur hair oil. I also found freesia fragrance oil. That is a really feminine, light floral perfume like fragrance... I must make a batch of sunflower sulfur oil with Freesia scent too Smile
Freesias are from South Eastern Africa  between Kenya and South Africa and they smell DIVINE!

Description of fragrance found online"Extremely sweet apparently. Some would say like strawberries. 
I would say, ...there is no real description. It is very quietly in a class of its own. It is very soft and I think a little like fresh sheets IN THE WIND near a strawberry field and maybe a touch of honey suckle somewhere."

PS No one mentioned anywhere on here that the sublimed sulfur in the sulfur oil will turn your silver jewelry black Shocked

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 08 2013 at 9:26pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 33>