BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BSL/BSB 2013.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 33>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2013 at 9:08pm
Maybe try a lighter oil like coconut or jojoba. Castor oil is pretty thick. I don't even use it to GHE because although I'm sure it's quite moisturizing, for me castor oil is something I use for severe dry skin, not a regular daily (or even weekly) moisturizing application. 
Sponsored Links

relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 7:47am
I don't think I left it in long enough because it's still not straight. It looks so damaged when wet but looks fine after I flat iron. I csn just tell those under processed parts are prone to breakage so I need to be careful
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:09am
That is much better than I thought RelaxedTresses. Remember I said it is best to under process than overprocess.. So did you get the ApHogee 2 Step treatment? THAT is what your hair needs right now along with a super moisture dc. Plenty of people have hair that is not completely straight and many even manage to make it straight without heat.... like wet wraps and silk wraps... roller sets and then wrapping... take a look at some videos below that I posted in another thread on that.... This also would be very important for you right now, instead of using heat flat ironing.  
1) Do not underestimate the importance of aphogee 2 step treatment now and
2) Look into the other methods of stretching your relaxed locks straight now other than flat ironing. The heat could be the damage you DON'T need to take this over the edge right now with the extra damage from direct heat.

The conditioners above along with one of the styling techniques below now instead of heat of flat ironing as much as possible  
This one might be helpful to see how you might get the style you desire without direct heat to the bulk of the hair and the ends of the hair . She only uses heat on her new growth which has no relaxer.

Even though I have a "japanese straightener" my hair is hardly stick straight. It is still like texlaxed.  I put coconut oil on my wet hair,brush  it stretched into a tight pony tail. Then put the ends in a stretched  into a bun to stretch it smooth.[one big bantu knot] Once its completely dry if you let the bun/ponytail, down youve got straight roots and a body wave on the ends without heat!That might be the best/easiest technique for you instead of flat ironing. You could put a tight scarf on and go to sleep like that to let it dry completely overnight (or under a hooded dryer)... Wake up with silky hair using no heat. Just some oil, a bristol brush, a tight scarf, one pony tail and one bantu knot bun...dry over night  [you could put the pony tail ends in several large velcro rollers and tie a scarf on to dry faster] If your hair is thick you may require 2 ponytails with rollers on the ends instead of one ponytail. Again, in the morning after it has dried you take your hair out of the one or 2 ponytails and you have straight roots with slightly curled ends... no blow dryer, no flat iron... just 2 ponytails and some rollers on the ends. I maintain by using coconut oil and wrapping around my head every night and covering with a doowrag and silk bonnet....Zero blow dryer, zero flat ironing but it stays silky straight.
This video would show how to AIR DRY ONLY (provided the relaxer permitted)...Look how this girl uses a bristle brush and a tight scarf to stretch her roots... I would also apply coconut oil while it is still wet to make it a bit silkier.

So these videos give 2 options that are GREAT guides as to how to go about a no heat or low heat hair regimen.

This may also help as another no heat option... wet silk wrap with flat iron to new growth only if required.

You have to give up something. If you are going to have relaxed hair and grow it long, you should give up heat styling. The reason most people with relaxed hair  have problems growing hair is because using HEAT  AND relaxed hair causes zero length retention.  Switch to no heat styling and the relaxer is not a deterrent to growing hair.

IF YOU WANT TO DO HEAT STYLING then it would be better to have no relaxer in the hair. But in my opinion that is MUCH more of a pain in the butt than just using heatless styling techniques. I think those who continue to use relaxers AND heat styling will have a really hard time retaining any length.

So if I were you loving the ease of detangling  and managing relaxed hair.... I would give up my blow dryer and flat iron.  Use the flat iron only on new growth if necessary... Use the brush and scarf technique also for new growth instead of flat iron when possible... I would get a $50 hooded dryer  with adjustable temperatures (indirect cool heat) and explore the fun world of no heat styling Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 31 2013 at 6:26pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 11:54am
update: my roots are noticeably thicker after taking all this biotin and msm... I would not say it grew fast yet but it does feel thicker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:51pm
Thanks Lady. I did a mild protein treatment and will do a hardcore on this weekend. I don't blow dry ever. i use the ponytail method to airdry. I flatiron about 2 times a month the others times I'm usually in a high bun. The irritating about the underprocessed parts is they dry poofy no matter what.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 8:52pm
*thing
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 9:31pm
If you load up on protein and deep conditioners you can always have them try to fix the relaxer at a salon next time you're due for a touch up. I feel your pain Relaxedtresses. Just try to be extra gentle with it and condition it between now and your next touch up. So I guess youve got to find just the right salon to do your touchup and fix the patches. The good thing is it is under processed and can still be fixed Hug

Keep your chin up, you will soon look back on this and laugh Smile You can get through this easily. I will say a few prayers for you to help you keep your spirits up in the mean time.
Bless you

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 31 2013 at 9:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2013 at 10:06pm
Thanks Lady! You're the bomb.com. Overall I am pleased with my progress.

I've retained an inch these last 3 months which is good for me!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2013 at 1:10pm
Thank you and congratulations!
Here is traditional Indian Hair Oil Massage done twice weekly by women in India for inspiration.
She mentions Gingelly oil, Coconut oil and medicated oils for this. Gingelly oil is also known as sesame oil

My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

Luke 7:46

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Psalm 23:5,6

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 01 2013 at 4:17pm
cheche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cheche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2013 at 6:04pm
Update picture..

I ended up flat ironing my entire head. It makes a slight difference than a small portion. 
I will be SOOOOOO happy if I make BSL by December... PleeeeeeeeaseLOL

PS. Excuse the fat rolls Unhappy

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair