BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BSL/BSB 2013.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 33>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 7:47pm
Don't cut it Shardd!!!
As you ladies know I will post pics when I do my relaxer next weekend. I am really debating if I should try to correct some parts of my hair that are under processed?
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 9:54pm
you're thinking of going over some areas a little bit more? what relaxer do you use? ... have some apHogee 2 step and a good moisturizer to follow it up if you do.  If you try to correct it a little very quickly  you can always revisit it a bit more  next time if needed.

I assume the understraightened areas are on the ends? or was it a bad touchup? Either way wait to do it at touchup time and get some sunflower oil from a health food store and put on the ends first that you plan to re treat. That will help to protect them. And get in and pass it thru very quickly and get it off. Follow up with the ApHogee 2 step  then moisturizing conditioner after youve done it. Always better  to underprocess than to over process though. So be quick, careful and deep condition.  Maybe use just a texturizer like just 4 me (or a mild)  to pass quickly over the under processed ends again... and your regular relaxer for the roots. That way you can  try to do it the gentlest way possible.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 20 2013 at 10:20pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 9:07am
That's good advice lady!  I actually have a spot on the right side where it looks like this ______SSSS______.  So that underprocessed part is right in the middle.  However that is the longest and healthiest looking part of my hair so I may just leave it alone.  However in the back left quadrant there is an area that looks like this ____SSSS because the straight ends broke off.  It's been growing back nicely though so I'm think about correcting it.  It's been like this for like a year but I always chicken out during touch up time and I don't touch the underprocessed parts. 
But it gets on my nerve when I see my hair wet!Angry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 9:07am
Oh and I use ORS no lye
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 9:42am
I hear the ORS lye is much better than the no lye. They have the lye one at Sally's. Leaves the hair with less drying, hardening calcium/potasium deposits. So the hair feels softer and less dry.  The lye one is Sodium hydroxide... the no lye is Calcium/Potasium hydroxide. That's where the coated feeling comes from, the calcium or potasium in no lyes.  Think of what makes up egg shells and having a coating of that in your hair cuticles.

You should  wet first and let it air dry so you can see exactly what you're  doing. Maybe spray it with a lot of water or just get in the shower but do not manipulate your scalp at all so you wont cause the relaxer to burn. Do this just so all the hair reverts and you can see exactly what needs to be treated again. Let it all air dry totally naturally without doing anything to it. Then proceed with your touch up.  When the roots are almost processed, apply it to the unstraightened areas for the last few minutes before you rinse it out. Just grab the unstraightened areas in sections and put it on. Having reverted the hair first, you should be able to look right at them and see where  they are.

You can do this.  It will be like a surgical operation.  But you can do it. The ApHoge 2 step is a life saver protein treatment to prevent breakage on damaged hair! Used it in the salon all the time. So after neutralizing with shampoo, put this on. Smells like rotten eggs. You pile your hair on top of your head and let it get hard and dry on the hair, usually by sitting under a dryer with no conditioner cap on. Or you can pass a blow dryer over the mound of hair on top of the head until the product dries all its protein in the hair shafts. (Your hair will feel like cement is in it when it dries in the hair but it is supposed to be this way. Dont try to comb it. ) Just rinse it out really well. It will feel normal again after you rinse this out really well. It is a 2 step because you must follow it up with a really good moisturizing conditioner. This is a really strong  procedure to stop any breakage. The first step is intense protein to strengthen the hair. Then you must put on a really good moisturizing conditioner for step 2. Maybe one of the ORS moisturizing conditioners as a dc.  Make sure you get this at Sally's and have it on hand before you do this operation to prevent any breakage whatsoever and you will do just fine.
undefined
You can do this 2 step conditioner regimine a couple times a month if you feel your hair is at risk of breakage.

The original problem with your hair probably came about by a really shoddy relaxer application. Maybe skimping with not enough product. But it can be fixed. And this product will prevent any breakage. Do not leave the relaxer on the mid section hair more than a few minutes. Better to have to do it again than to overprocess it.
Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 21 2013 at 10:38am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 11:04am
Thanks Lady!!!! Such good info!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 12:01pm
The other option, Relaxedtresses, is to just switch to Just4me texturizer and go that way instead of completely straight Ermm

You said the partially processed hair was the strongest and longest you have.  I don't know how you feel about switching to texlax  or something in between tex lax and completely straight. But that would be very advantageous since we are trying to grow out the hair. Relaxing with a very mild and leaving some wave in the hair does leave the hair stronger so if you do accidentally ovelap, it wont cause your hair to fall out. 

When you do this you don't use less product. Make sure you use a lot of product so it wont turn out spotty like it did last time.... Just use ample amounts of a weaker product like Just4Me texturizer or a Mild Relaxer for a slightly shorter period of time. You could also coat the hair with something like oil or conditioner before application. This would also result in less straightening. You will just have to do some sort of a wet set on large rollers to smooth the hair out the rest of the way.(maybe even a wrap under a hooded dryer) 

That might be a really good option Relaxedtresses... Kind of the best of all worlds. You get the benefits of a relaxer to make your hair easier to detangle, style etc without it being so fragile if you go with a very mild relaxer or texturizer. 

Which way do you think would work best for you? Do you think you want to try doing a slightly less straightened touch up this time when you touch up those wavy spots? What strength ORS are you using now? You could just go down from Regular to Mild for example if you want to try this but still touch up the underprocessed areas. If you already use mild, you would coat your hair with some oil first as a buffer and reduce the processing time.... or just switch to just4me.

I disagree with the girl in the last video about not using a lot of product.  That is a good way to end up with the result you have. I say thoroughly  coat the hair with ample relaxer, just take it off a little sooner and it wont be spotty.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 21 2013 at 12:41pm
PhoenixInFlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhoenixInFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 2:36pm
ORS no lye leaves my hair a bit under processed too. I don't see it as a bad thing because i love the thickness, great for luscious updos, but i dont like the stiffness (calcium), bad for wearing it down. When it hits BSL i want to let it swang so I've been contemplating switching to the lye for my next touchup. Ive read mixed reviews about the ORS lye too though. So IDK, ive got a few more months to cross that bridge.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 7:18pm
The thing is lady when my hair was first underprocessed I hated it.  I don't think I want to be texlaxed.  I didn't like it.  I like it straight. I have thick coarse 4b hair so I use super.  Actually, I ended up underprocessed hair because I tried regular strength (less damage, less chemical).  I switched back to super which is why I have the two different textures.
@Phoenix I don't have the problem with calcium build up because I use the ORS creamy aloe shampoo which removes that build up.
cheche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

your hair looks GREAT though! Thumbs Up

Thank you Smile

Originally posted by Sapphire Sapphire wrote:

Your hair is cute cheche. Maybe you could try some type of anti humidity product. I have tried Aveda anti humectant pomade that I got from Amazon. It worked pretty well. It had a thick consistency like let's jam. I would take about a dime size amount and rub it in my hands, then rub it onto my hair.

Whew.. I remember Aveda being expensive *sigh* Confused But I need to fight the frizz. I will give it a try.. Thanks Big smile

Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

I see some growth cheche , it's small but the definitely is, good job! Big smile

You do?? Well I guess Im just impatient. lol. 

Happy Hair Growing Ladies... Will come back to update around my bday (end of April)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 33>
  Share Topic