Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BSL/BSB 2013.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 33>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 1:02pm
I will definitely buy the ORS Replenish conditioner that you use instead of the Elasta qp product now to start! Love that it has stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) in it. I tried cowashing today after putting  in cayanne and castor yesterday and doing ghe last night. My hair was really greazy  but now after 3 lathers with just white rain coconut dollar store conditioner, it feels clean and soft  not stripped!!! In fact I would never want it any more dried out than this. It is fluffy and dried out feeling just using conditioner and it was EXTREMELY GREASY when I did this. Actually I probably could have done with just 2 lathers of cream rinse to leave a little moisture in the hair! It feels dried out even though I DC w/ silicon mix after co washing. Realizing you do not need damaging detergents to clean the hair is utterly amazing to me, and I cant believe I was using drying soap on my hair all this time

I love co washing! I think I will only co wash from now on instead of using drying detergents on my  hair. Friday, I will buy the msm, biotin, and ors repl cond and avocado oil. (my big splurge day!)

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 27 2013 at 5:20pm
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:32am
I am so excited. I went to Walmart and got Biotin 5000mcg  for only $6 and a bottle of ORS Replenish DC  I took one pill already. They are so small I think I will take 2/day or 10,000mcg/day But I will drink tea all day long everyday to balance that out.
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:14pm
That's such a good deal LadyA and yeah definitely balance out that high dosage . I really hope the ors works for you as I hate to suggest anything if I know I haven't tried myself. Let me know how you get on
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:29am
Forgot to mention perhaps the most important. I also picked up Wave Nouveau Moisturizing finishing lotion for like $4.00 from Sally's (not in spray but squirt) I used to use this years ago and remember it kept my hair silky and moist, smoothed the texture out more, and the hair grows like weeds with it. It is not like a curl moisturizer really because it is made for a "dry look" like a relaxer. But I do wrap my hair at night with it and it feels like silky butter! You should not use any heat in your hair with this though because it has glycerine in it. Maybe you can but I would not. I tried the blow dryer on a piece in the front that was already dry with the product and it was ok. but i would avoid heat.

Anyways, on the parking lot, I couldnt wait so i put a small amount all in the back of my hair. When I got home that did not feel particularly moist after it dried. In fact it felt a little stiff after the 1st application dried. Later last night I put more on and let it air dry. I got the SMOOTH silky dry look feeling I remember with this product. VERY moist  feeling. This is a protective styling in a way all by itself. So this is what I will be doing. (by the way, this stuff can help some people stretch their relaxers especially with bunning or pony tails.) But it is a ghe waiting to happen. Remember how people always say their hair grew w/ jerry curls. It was because of the glycerine in products helping to retain the length. THIS one is for a dry look with glycerine so imo it is the best option for most.
PS I am wrapping my hair at night with this in the hair.
This girl's hair grew to BSL later after using this!

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 02 2013 at 10:23am
Sapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 9:10pm
I took my yarn twists out yesterday and washed my hair once with the aphogee deep moisture shampoo and twice sally's version of the nexxus moisture shampoo. I deep condition with the shea moisture deep conditioner masque for about 30 min under the dryer then I left it in overnight. I washed it out this morning and proceeded to flexy rod my hair with the aunt jackie's curl la la.

Here are the results. I haven't separated the curls yet

Starting pics for the challenge

MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 7:49pm
Please let me in. Let me in!!! Cry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 2:23am
Sapphire your hair looks gorgeous. It must be nice to be able feel your hair fully again until it starts acting up, thanks for posting pics.
MinnieMe your more than welcome to join just add all the necessary info and if you have any questions just ask and I'll try and help .
There are 3 spots left ladies!!!

Edited by KikiScorpio92 - Mar 04 2013 at 2:33am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 2:37am
I trim/s&d yesterday ladies I couldn't hack looking at those splits and   ssks. Maybe I need the cut at 6 weeks instead of 8 and stick to it! We evaluate this move in May.
PhoenixInFlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhoenixInFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 5:50am
Hey ladies! So I've decided I'm sick of the wigs. I go through stages of loving and hating them. Short time loving, long time hating. 

Last weekend I decided to take the cornrows out and I put it up into a high big poofy bun. Even though I relax, if I don't blow dry and flat iron it puffs out and combing it out from cornrows I'll have a huge loose textured fro. I loved my bun and so did everyone else. People at my job who don't usually compliment on my appearance were giving me compliments.

Earlier that day I purchased the hair to do senegalese twists along with braid spray but now I'm very hesitant to even put them in. My original plan was to hide my hair and also stretch until I reach BSL which I feel will take me up until the end of summer but those few days of wearing my hair in the bun has thrown a monkey wrench in my thought process concerning my hair. 

My edges are showing signs of improvement since removing my sew-in and giving myself a touch up. I don't want to ruin that progress with tension and stress from extensions. I also don't want to weaken my strands being intertwined with the synthetic hair for long periods of time. Even though I fell in love with the look and wanted them, the fear of a setback is making me feel like it won't be worth it.

So my new plan of action at this stage of my journey to BSL is to just wear my hair and do low manipulation styles; alternating between buns and setting with flexi-rods to clip/pin it into an updo. I'll co-wash weekly and moisturize often and never ever ever wear it down. I'm not happy with the length so this will be easy for me. When I it BSL I'll let it swang. Until then it's up up and away.

I'll have to blow-dry my hair with the attachment to make my hair manageable. One thing I am committed to is only relaxing twice a year.

Perhaps after a month or two goes by of me infusing moisture and strength into my strands and my edges filling in more I'll revisit the thought of doing the twists but for now my hair is out of hiding.

HHG!

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 6:14am
Sapphire that look really works for you. How long does the set last you? Do you retwist them at night in about 8 bantu knots  to maintain the look after moisturizing and oiling/sealing the ends?
Notice the girl above wraped 2 stands then twisted. I dont usually use 2 strands in each twist.  I do like the idea of the shea butter setting gel though for a oilier hold product. [CANTU Shea butter for natural hair MOISTURIZING Twist and lock gel along with the ORS moisturizing lotion and castor oil, satin bonnet  Sapphire.]

Minnie Me your hair looks wonderful! It already looks bsb length

PhoenixinFlight your plan sounds like a GREAT idea. Remember a lot of nightly moisturizing and sealing the ends with a good oil. (also some sort of protective wrap at night with satin bonnet! What do you use for that? I hear  ORS moisturizing lotion and Castor oil work great for nightly moisturizing and sealing! . Maybe you can do bantu knots on you ponytail at night after oiling and sealing too to stretch it!

Her hair looks really flyaway. It would have looked a lot better if she had moisturized and sealed her hair with some oil and used  maybe a couple more knots. She also could have brushed it tighter and smoother at the roots and put some oil on that.  (a tiny bit of setting product like the other girls used too)
Last night I did my castor oil with cayanne pepper and garlic overnight ghe. I applied, massaged, then wrapped my hair and put on a wig cap. THEN I put on the conditioner cap over the wig cap and wrap, then a doo wrag and a satin bonnet over that. When I woke up around 4 am I took off the conditioner cap but left on the wig cap with the hair wrapped underneath. Put back on the doo wrag and bonnet for a while because my hair was WET but wrapped under there. I went back to sleep so my hair could dry but still wrapped under a  tight stocking cap/wig cap/bonnet etc.  That way I woke up to dry,oiled  GHEed and wrapped hair. 
PS I am getting ORS moisturizing lotion too

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 04 2013 at 7:54am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists