Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSL and MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedBSL and MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 1:56am
Hey again ladies, I'll be off to Jamaica today so pictures from me won't be until after November 3rd as that is when I come back. I will take lots of pictures while I'm out there so will have full on diary of my progress.
Going to miss you guys, talk soon xxx
Sponsored Links

iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 10:52am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

I used the textures managability system today. Im a bit sad, after 4yrs of no relaxer I'm still SL. Smh

How are you protecting your hair? How do you normally deal with the highly textured state? I have seen 4cs rip their hair off themselves with a comb when combing out in the morning.  If you're not going to keep it flat ironed to facilitate ease of detangling and protecting, maybe cornrows under a wig with frequent oilings will help.

One thing is certain, your hair has grown a lot in these 4 years. You plain and simply have not been handling it properly and protecting it to keep it on your head. That is why I personally think that for some people, keeping the hair flat ironed once a month and oiled is the best solution. It will allow you to handle the hair gently and not rip it off of your head with a comb, faster than it grows. 
I also think that if your hair is highly textured and you're not retaining length, a bkt might also help to keep it smooth to facilitate this whole protection process too.  The Texture Manageability System you're using now is similar to a BKT. Maybe try keeping that up regularly for a while  so you can keep your hair smooth and OILED. Maybe do it once a month when you cleanse and condition. Handle it like it is the most fragile and most expensive silk on the earth that you must protect and maybe you can start retaining some of the length that you have & will definitely grow. These are just my personal opinions but your mileage may vary.
PS try this detangling comb from Sally's. It is called the Plugged in Wet Look Shower Wide Tooth Comb. I love the blue one. Also what oil are you using?

It is a, delicate balance. If you use the Texture Management system, make sure to keep your heat down to only once a month, oiling and  wrapping it  every night to preserve it. At the most use twice a month. If you use heat more than that, that may cause it to not retain length also. Another tid bit, I would use pure olive oil or coconut oil. I would NOT use castor oil on the hair because it actually makes some hair feel dry. It does not penetrate the strands to deliver nutrients like the other two. If you use castor, apply that one only to the scalp and use one of the others to keep the strands healthy.
Hope some of that helps. Happy hair growing!

Hey. I use wigs and weaves ad PS 99% of the time. I only use my denman to detangle and I detangle my hair after I apply a dc or conditioner,oil and a bit of water. This is actually only the 2nd time I've straightened my hair. I may give that a try. For oils I use coconut,grape seed, and black seed oil. I've heard of this comb before I must give it a try. Thanks for your advice :)
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 11:04am
Idk why my ends look so raggedy in this picture. I promise they're not I trim every 3 months to ensure nice full ends

Edited by iBetYouhNvNika - Oct 12 2014 at 11:05am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 11:08am
Have fun kiki! Safe travels.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 11:08am
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 11:12am
Another lady on the Hairlista forum was discussing how after about 6 years of being natural and wearing weaves, here hair has stayed the same length or gotten shorter too. I had the same experience. My hair got shorter and shorter too while I was wearing weaves. For me weave totally chewed up my hair. Weaves are not a protective style at all for my hair type .  So I guess a lot depends on your hair type. The other lady seemed to have fragile thin or fine hair too like mine and she was like a 4b/c . So I think hair that is  fragile or thin from the beginning does not do well with hanging thick, heavy hair from it. 

I wore my hair straight and out for the first half of last year and grew well that way! I was wrapping it every night though and not using heat often. Then I went to keeping it under a plastic cap soaking in oil for about 6 months and that worked too but I got tired of walking around hiding my hair so I am back to once a month straightening again. I will see if I can still retain that way this year too.

Good luck to you iBetYouhNvNika . Your hair looks GREAT!  I think that if you can keep your heat down to once a month and preserve it by wrapping and not wetting for a whole month, it might help you to get some growth. It will make it a lot easier to detangle everyday and not shed a lot of hair if it is straighter. For nightly wrapping I use a spandex wig cap from the beauty supply store then cover that with a satin bonnet so it doesn't slide around. Hopefully one of these techniques with work for you this year so you can finally see some length retention. If you don't do the Texture Manageability System once a month, I find the Tresemme Keratin Smooth 7 day Treatment helps  me keep mine straight off of one ironing a little bit. It is a white cream in a pump bottle and you iron it in.

I also used the Liquid Keratin 60 day.That is also a white cream in a pump that you let sit in the hair for an hour and then iron it in also. I used almost the whole bottle in one setting last wash.  That helped some too.

Best wishes

Edited by LadyAradia - Oct 12 2014 at 11:58am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 1:53pm
Thank you LadyAradia! I've always thought my hair was fine. It thrives in braids though. I'll try this regimen a few months then put some braids in.So far my hair seems to be doing okay. It's been almost 2 weeks. I wanted to try tressame keratin smooth., but I'm actually loving TMS, I want to try it again. I need another spandex dome. I lost mine. I've been having to use a freaking stocking. Thanks again!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 2:17pm
Im glad to hear TMS works. I think I will try it next time too.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2014 at 10:17pm
Hi guys, I'm back to make a quick update.
I died my hair black again. (I won't be doing this again since it changed my hair to feeling more dry, but since then it's gotten better!)
I'm wearing my hair out for a bit until I can do some protective styling. I'm looking into making a half wig with kinkier hair since I am no longer wearing lace wigs for a while.
(My hairline keeps suffering, and I do not want any irreversible damage)Dead
I'm getting closer to BSL.
Here's my last length before the year end length check.
2 more months!Cry

How's everyone else's journey coming?
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2014 at 5:41pm
My hair is just past apl after my trim last Saturday. I need a few more inches before I can claim bsl. If I get a serious growth spurt in November and December I can make it by the end of the year.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
  Share Topic