Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSL and MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedBSL and MBL 2014 Challenge!!! (Open ALL Year Round)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kimichanga View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2014 at 8:56pm
Hey Kiki, Ladies...  Here's my update....

BSL is at 10, so I've got 2 inches to go, for the back at least.  The top likely won't make it in time (sew-in weave leave out disaster) but I am pleased with my progress.  I'm going to stick to my simple regimen and Full lace Wig protective style.

Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 10:31pm
What's everyone been up to? 😛
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 3:35am
I used the textures managability system today. Im a bit sad, after 4yrs of no relaxer I'm still SL. Smh
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 3:38am
I' ll be posting pics later . I had to trim about an inch off because it was still uneven :(
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 5:05am
I'll post pics later also, I'm busy right now preparing for my holiday and work. Smile
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 7:57am
I think I am bsb right now. Next wash day I will get dh to help me take a pic. I had a really good wash and dc yesterday. I did a Nexxus emergencee reconstructor, shampood it out and did a dc with Silk Elements mega moisture. My hair was so soft and strong. The comb just glided through my thick 4b hair... I think my hair was overmoisturized for the last couple months. I was having massive tangles and breakage when wet and it seemed rougher than usual. Now my hair is balanced and happy!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 8:44am
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

I used the textures managability system today. Im a bit sad, after 4yrs of no relaxer I'm still SL. Smh
How are you protecting your hair? How do you normally deal with the highly textured state? I have seen 4cs rip their hair off themselves with a comb when combing out in the morning.  If you're not going to keep it flat ironed to facilitate ease of detangling and protecting, maybe cornrows under a wig with frequent oilings will help.

One thing is certain, your hair has grown a lot in these 4 years. You plain and simply have not been handling it properly and protecting it to keep it on your head. That is why I personally think that for some people, keeping the hair flat ironed once a month and oiled is the best solution. It will allow you to handle the hair gently and not rip it off of your head with a comb, faster than it grows. 
I also think that if your hair is highly textured and you're not retaining length, a bkt might also help to keep it smooth to facilitate this whole protection process too.  The Texture Manageability System you're using now is similar to a BKT. Maybe try keeping that up regularly for a while  so you can keep your hair smooth and OILED. Maybe do it once a month when you cleanse and condition. Handle it like it is the most fragile and most expensive silk on the earth that you must protect and maybe you can start retaining some of the length that you have & will definitely grow. These are just my personal opinions but your mileage may vary.
PS try this detangling comb from Sally's. It is called the Plugged in Wet Look Shower Wide Tooth Comb. I love the blue one. Also what oil are you using?

It is a delicate balance. If you use the Texture Management system, make sure to keep your heat down to only once a month, oiling and  wrapping it  every night to preserve it. At the most use twice a month. If you use heat more than that, that may cause it to not retain length also. Another tid bit, I would use pure olive oil or coconut oil. I would NOT use castor oil on the hair because it actually makes some hair feel dry. It does not penetrate the strands to deliver nutrients like the other two. If you use castor, apply that one only to the scalp and use one of the others to keep the strands healthy.
Hope some of that helps. Happy hair growing!

Edited by LadyAradia - Oct 02 2014 at 9:18am
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 1:31pm
Right now I'm just angry as the silly machine couldn't process my replies to you ladies. Angry

Copying and pasting this in case it goes again. My photobucket has just become inaccessible so no pictures until I find a way to log back in there. 

I've straightened recently and dyed my hair so it has purple and pink tint to it in natural light. All I've been using is the after colour care tube by garnier olia, gel and oil. My hair is responding well and still no chance of me going back to shampoo anytime soon.

My length? I'm at BSL in the back and sides and the front still just past my chin area. Very happy with progress I've made. Will try to find a way to post pics soon. Smile
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 2:12pm
Yeah Kiki! Thumbs Up
I think we are about the same length. I would love to see your hair when it was straight Smile And that pink and purple  color sounds hot!

Edited by LadyAradia - Oct 02 2014 at 7:48pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2014 at 10:03pm
Hello! Well, I am already on the waist length and hip length challenge but I recently chopped my hair and went back to BSL after being WL for a few monthsCry
I am currently using NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil daily - well, acutally nightlyLOL- and have been doing so since September 30th. I bought this oil early this Summer but never managed to use it daily or at least 2x a week, so that's why I have not posted a review in here with pics.
I am going to update this thread with pics next month.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
  Share Topic