Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BSL 2012 Challenge!! - CLOSED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 69>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2012 at 4:58am
Ladies Ladies!! I found my camera charger and finally took some new pictures this morning so Im uploading as many pictures to show my progress or non progress Big smileLOL Lets goo..!!

December 2011.. before the cuts Dead

------------------------------------------------------------

FEBRUARY 2012. Shoulder Length
---------------------------------------------------------------

APRIL 2012
--------------------------------------------------------------

MAY/JUNE 2012
-------------------------------------------------------------

JULY 2012
-------------------------------------------------------------

TODAY! Big smile

I think by the end of the year most of the back layers should be grazing or full apl, the sides are almost shoulder length, the front is well still at my lips. I think I need to work on my top layers some more it'll probably take another year for them to reach full apl, but I'm up for the challenge Wink

So I won't make bsl this year but I've so enjoyed trying to get there next year is more hopeful if I concentrate more on retention and more hardcore low mani I'll be fine. Smile
Sponsored Links

reeniebabie1289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reeniebabie1289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2012 at 12:18pm
Haven't been here in a while.
So i've started texlaxing my hair instead of relaxing bone straight. I like it a lot but its a lot to get used to especially with newgrowth because that's three different textures.

I'm also looking for a milder relaxer because even with oil added to ORS Lye regular, the areas that get relaxed first still come out really straight. For my next relaxer I'm considering using revlon realistic in mild. The first time i use it i will not add oil.

I haven't been taking the best care of my hair this summer but starting school has definitely got me into a routine. So far i think I'm gona stick with keeping it blow-dried or flat ironed, wrapping or tying it up nightly (moisturize and seal then), and combing it out and putting it into a claw clip in the mornings to keep my ends up.

Not really sure how long my hair is since i haven't really done a real length check since December and i got a trim in June. But I'm hoping I've made progress and my longest layers will be bsl by December in time for my birthday!

I hope everyone else is making progress as well!

Question: What is everyone using for their daily moisturizing?? I'm going on 2 years and i still dont have a staple daily moisturizer, I either use random leave in's which i usually don't like, a little bit of conditioner, or Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil creme (which i kind of consider my staple currently). Or the carrot creme if i want a change up.
dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2012 at 5:06pm
Kiki congrats on your progress..

Reenie, I was using Revlon at the start of my journey and it's pretty strong on the scalp, I burnt every time. I never did add oil though. I'm now using silk element and although I never burnt at the beginning I'm continuously burning these days. I am also trying to find an alternative, I thought about ORS but I wouldn't mind going back to Revlon, I think I'll add some oil to overcome scalp issues especially since I texlax.

Regarding a daily moisturiser I use scurl, I don't mind using a leave in as long as it's thick and not watery.
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2012 at 8:11pm
Kiki-
Whohoo, get it girl!  I see the growth.Thumbs Up

Reenie-
For a daily moisturizer, I use a mix of water/condish/oil in a spray bottle.  I seal it with grapeseed oil, EVOO or a cone condish (somtimes).  GL finding a moisturizer!  It's one staple I couldn't do without.
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2012 at 8:23pm
very awesome progress kiki! keep it up!
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2012 at 8:28pm
Naynay-

Girl, those twists are purrdy!!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 11:26am
Thank swift

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 11:28am
Duplicate

Edited by naynay455 - Aug 30 2012 at 11:40am
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 1:55pm
Kiki, awesome progress!! Congratulations!!!

Welp, ladies, i think I finally made it to BSL. And I've come to the conclusion

No more length obsessing for me!!!

I made my goal and STILL feel like my hair isn't growing. Now I get why I haven't joined any length challenges in awhile. It's a headache trying to keep watch on my hair growth. Nelly has grown alot, specially compared to last year's chart. But I still feel like she's not. i think I'm suffering from a case of hairnorexia. So I think I'm gonna bow out of this challenge now. I'm still gonna lurk so you ladies keep up with the pics!!

But that's enough length obsession for me. Length is a cruel mistress!!! I'd rather just protective style and focus on other things....at least until the end of the year.

Well, I know you ladies didn't think I was gonna bow out without an official ending pic now did cha!? Here it is!!

This is what I started with in january:

And this is what I'm ending with....for now!

Actually, there's a few hairs that reach under my bra strap but I don't count those. It's too few of em in my opinion. Happy hair growing ladies!!
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 3:33pm
Ladies, thanks for the comments Big smile even though I can't join in bsl praises this year I'm still happy that you've all nearly if you haven't already got to your goals.

Reenie , I don't even use a 'daily moisturiser' as such just plain old water or water and oil mix with some oil but from ghe'ing I get most of the moisture I need. S-curl like dashi mentioned is a good one to try though. Smile

Edited by KikiScorpio92 - Aug 30 2012 at 3:37pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 69>