Extensions Plus

Forum LockedBrushing Alternative?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sxytia07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brushing Alternative?
    Posted: Oct 24 2007 at 10:10am

Hi ladies!  I'm stretching and I'm at about 10 weeks now.  I wear a phony bun with my hair baggied underneath but my edges are OUT OF CONTROL Confused

What do you all do to smooth your edges down?  I currently use a light gel and brush with a soft brush each morning (I know...huge NO NO!) I'm now paying for it though b/c I'm noticing that my hairline is thinning from the brushing.

I don't use heat anymore and I think it's time I finally let the brush go completely.  Any alternatives to brushing my edges?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

ollie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2007 at 10:19am

I let go off the brush about 4 weeks ago...can't believe how easy it was, since i've been using it all my life to help style my hair.

But anyway, I just apply lots of moisturizer to the front and smooth it over with either my hands or use a comb and lightly do it and it works for me. 

shtow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2007 at 10:32am
Elasta QP Glaze and gently use a small tooth comb or a soft boar bristle brush.

Edited by shtow - Oct 25 2007 at 12:20pm
msdevo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2007 at 10:34am
No brushing since about August(thanks to Cathy Howse)

You may want to use a soft bristle tooth brush for your edges. Those wont cause much damage to your edges.
ms_b_haven06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2007 at 11:29am
Try a toothbrush I use it when I am smoothing down my edges with jam.

Edited by ms_b_haven06 - Oct 24 2007 at 11:30am
sxytia07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2007 at 1:12pm

Ollie:  Thanks for the comment!  I hope letting it go will be as easy for me as it was for you!

shtow: I've heard nothing but good things about the Elasta QP line.  I didn't even know they had a "glaze" and I think I definitely need a new holding product. I think I'm gonna pick that up this evening and give it a try!

msdevo and  ms b haven: That's genius!  I never thought of using a soft toothbrush!  Thanks!  I'm about to be "fresh" again!  I can't wait!  I know I've been walking around looking like a chia pet!
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 2:01am
Originally posted by sxytia07 sxytia07 wrote:

Ollie:  Thanks for the comment!  I hope letting it go will be as easy for me as it was for you!

shtow: I've heard nothing but good things about the Elasta QP line.  I didn't even know they had a "glaze" and I think I definitely need a new holding product. I think I'm gonna pick that up this evening and give it a try!

msdevo and  ms b haven: That's genius!  I never thought of using a soft toothbrush!  Thanks!  I'm about to be "fresh" again!  I can't wait!  I know I've been walking around looking like a chia pet!

LOL On the up side you are gorgeous! i also think tying a satin scarf on your head helps too. Next time i have a moment, I am going to take a pic of my hair BEFORE I gel it down and scarf it and an after pic. You might try using IC gel to smooth down your edges (with your hands) then tie it down for ten minutes. Your edges will lay down ALL day, and that gel won't dry your hair out! It's AWESOME!
LOL

sxytia07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 9:34am

Mcelweewife, you are a doll! Thank you so much for the compliment! Embarrassed

I will try the scarf method...I just need to find a silky one so that I don't dry my hair out.  Ironically, I actually bought some IC gel yesterday since it came in a trial size.  I'm going to play with this one for a while and keep the Elasta glaze in mind as my backup.  I have already noticed that the IC gel hasn't dried my hair out and is keeping my edges so slick! I'm amazed!Clap 
shayking View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 10:07am
Wow I am going to have to try the IC gel as well. I use the EQP Glaze and find that it works wonders, but I too have to try and ween myself from that brush. I tie a scarf on to lay my hair down, but I still use the brush, i guess at this point it is just a security thing.
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by sxytia07 sxytia07 wrote:

Mcelweewife, you are a doll! Thank you so much for the compliment! Embarrassed

I will try the scarf method...I just need to find a silky one so that I don't dry my hair out.  Ironically, I actually bought some IC gel yesterday since it came in a trial size.  I'm going to play with this one for a while and keep the Elasta glaze in mind as my backup.  I have already noticed that the IC gel hasn't dried my hair out and is keeping my edges so slick! I'm amazed!Clap 

girl, so was I!LOL You dont understand the depth of how rough my edges are. It looks so dumb to have two textures. Straight hair with wooly beady edges is NOT a good look. Either Im going to be totally nappy or totally straight. They look AMAZING seperate, but the two combined is NOT a good look for me. I hope your hair continues to react well to that gel. I have been using it for close to two months now and it's a MUST-HAVE for strectching!! I am going to add it to my fotki when I get a chance. You know, since it passed the trial period.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic