Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedBrown or Black....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
BabyGirl718 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brown or Black....
    Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 12:55pm
I am not sure which hair color is the hardest to take care of.  I was told once by my stylist that brown hair is hardest to maintain than black hairl  I want to believe that because my daughter has that brown stuff and I have the hardest time trying to take care of her hair and her hair needs constant moistrue.  But with my hair (which is black) I have no problems keeping it moist.  My hair grows better and faster than hers.  Even if I treat her hair similar like mine.  What is your take on this ladies????
Sponsored Links

sokei View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 3:22pm
IMO black hair retains moisture and looks better (shiny and healthy) ... brown hair looks and feels dry and needs a lot more attention.

P.S. I dye my hair black in the winter and brown in the summer. And I looked at your fotki, where's that 1 year update? I know you got something amazing to share :-)

Edited by sokei - Jul 11 2008 at 3:24pm
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 2:57am
I never heard of this. I know brown hair may appear dry when it isn't. 
JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 10:02pm
That's really interesting... you'd think hair color wouldn't matter like that! lol
chainlace2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 11:48pm
my daughters hair is also sandy brown and  it's always dying of thirst so this may very well be true
Xquizite View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2008 at 9:25pm
 prefer black
Digitoko View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2008 at 11:33pm

It is really too hard to manage Brown hairs. I would prefer to manage your daughter hair to use moisturizer on hair.

BabyGirl718 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2008 at 11:52am
Yes, her hair is hard to maintain the proper moisture balance.  Then she wants to do her own hair and I'm like ok.  But sometimes I have to make sure that she is doing it right.  Her hair just doesn't sit right with me.  I have to find the right stuff to keep it moisturized and keep at it.  And yes, I do have a few more pics.  They are coming.  Hold on!!
prblackchica1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2008 at 8:34pm
I think it's because black attracts natural heat...with the heat comes perspiration which is a form of moisture...which makes the hair more managable and healthy...IDK...it sounded really smart in my head though.
AfroGerman_Girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2008 at 10:32am
Originally posted by BabyGirl718 BabyGirl718 wrote:

I am not sure which hair color is the hardest to take care of.  I was told once by my stylist that brown hair is hardest to maintain than black hairl  I want to believe that because my daughter has that brown stuff and I have the hardest time trying to take care of her hair and her hair needs constant moistrue.  But with my hair (which is black) I have no problems keeping it moist.  My hair grows better and faster than hers.  Even if I treat her hair similar like mine.  What is your take on this ladies????

I believe that this is a myth.

Black hair can appear to be healthier than brown hair because it tends to reflect more light, especially when its surface is smooth and straight. So it is easier to get it to "shine", and thus look healthy. Therefore, the theory that black hair is healthier than brown hair is only based on appearance, rather than actual biological characteristics. Just my opinion!Smile

I used to dye my hair jet black because to me, it made my hair look healthier (because it was shinier). However, it wasn't actually healthier than before I dyed it - on the contrary!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic