Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Brothas getting arrested for drinking arizonas tea
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brothas getting arrested for drinking arizonas tea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote MsBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by binky622 binky622 wrote:

I dont like the way the can looks but its by design IMO those subliminal messages, when i go into trendy markets i don't see the cans of arizona only in urban corner stores, liquor and gas stations. no thanks

I go to school in Arlington VA, which is one of the whitest cities around the DMV in my opinion. . .and they have these at every CVS, every gas station, and every corner store. So I dont think thats the issue. .
Sponsored Links

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 1:26pm
dang that puss ass cracker wasnt even a cop ? lmao
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

That awkward moment when you get handcuffed and dragged to the ground by someone who ain't a cop....

Noticed how he let the real officer search the victim because he knew he wasn't allowed to (since he's just security guard and all). Then how he nonchalantly struts right back to the store like nothing happened.
Whelp, my opinion steeeeel standsCool

The man is a cop. I just searched for news articles on the story and sure enough, he is indeed an undercover cop and not a security guard.Confused

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9088945
http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/03/1254450?sac=fo.home
Viral video of man's arrest outside Fayetteville liquor store stirs controversy

A video of a man arrested outside a Fayetteville liquor store on Saturday received more than 364,000 views on Youtube in three days, generated buzz in Cumberland County law enforcement circles and produced outraged comments from thousands of people who think the police officer violated the man's civil rights.

Lawyers who practice criminal and civil rights law said it's not clear from the arrest video or a second related video (which shows the man being put into a police car), whether the officer was right or wrong. They said they needed more information about the circumstances that could have been left out of the videos, such as whether there had been problems or complaints of people illegally drinking alcoholic beverages in the parking lot.

The video is named "Getting Locked Up For Drinking a Half & Half Arizona Ice Tea." Its producer says 27-year-old Christopher Lamont Beatty of Fort Bragg was wrongly arrested.

Beatty is charged with resisting a public officer and second-degree trespassing. Free on $1,000 bail, he is next scheduled to appear in court June 6.

Although he has a Fort Bragg address, Beatty is listed in court records as an unemployed civilian. He deferred to comment to The Fayetteville Observer on Thursday afternoon until Thursday evening, but then could not be reached by phone.

"This is just a classic case of a cop taking advantage of his power and arresting a another black man for not doing things the way HE wanted him to do them," says the description of the video.

Beatty is black. The officer who arrested him, Rick Libero of Cumberland County Alcoholic Beverage Control Law Enforcement, is white.

The incident was in the parking lot of a Cumberland County ABC store on Morganton Road, across from Cross Creek Mall. Libero's agency handles law enforcement for the county ABC Board.

The first video can be seen at youtu.be/pbzUH90Sm0E and the second one at youtu.be/IXlnZbwfhXk.

At the start of the first video, Beatty, who also goes by the nicknames "LifestyleXstravagant" or "Xstrav," stands by a large sedan. He talks with the videographer and drinks from an Arizona-brand iced tea can. He says he has been shooting a music video and is drinking Arizona iced tea while he waits for someone else to arrive.

Off screen, another man says, "Excuse me, sir, what are you drinking there?"

"I've got a tea; what's wrong with you?" Beatty says as the other man, Libero, comes into view.

Libero is not in a police uniform. Later in the video, he briefly displays his badge on his belt. It had been hidden by the tail of his untucked shirt.

Beatty holds the can up for Libero to see but pulls it back when Libero tries to take it.

"You got alcohol in there?" Libero says as Beatty pulls it away.

Beatty points at the ingredients label. Sweet tea and pink lemonade, he says. But he refuses to let Libero hold the can.

"Who is you?" Beatty asks.

"Police," Libero says.

Beatty and the videographer argue with Libero, and Libero soon orders Beatty to go.

"Leave the property. Leave the property. You've got five seconds to leave," Libero said, or he'd put Beatty in jail. Libero steps back from the men.

"For what?" Beatty says.

"What's the crime?" asks the videographer.

"Trespassing. Leave the property," Libero says.

Libero, Beatty and the videographer continue to argue. Then, a fourth man walks through the scene and makes several rambling statements to the camera. He walks away.

This fourth person is described in the video's description as smelling of liquor.

Libero moves to arrest Beatty. Beatty raises his arms into the air over his head and refuses Libero's commands to put his hands on the car or put his hands down so he can be handcuffed.

Libero eventually grabs Beatty from behind and takes him down to the pavement. Neither man appears injured. Beatty continues to argue and keep his arms stiff as Libero tries to pull his hands back to cuff his wrists together.

Once Libero has Beatty handcuffed, he orders the videographer off the property. The videographer, still recording, argues but walks away and gets into a car. The video next shows him exiting the car from a neighboring parking lot to continue shooting Beatty's arrest.

A second video shows a Fayetteville police officer drive up and collect Beatty. The officer took Beatty to the county jail for Libero, a Fayetteville Police Department spokesman said, and the city police had no other involvement.

In the second video, Libero points at the videographer and tells the Fayetteville officer, "He's got a video showing exactly what happened."

A statement from ABC Law Enforcement Chief Bill Belvin said that despite Beatty's assertion that he was drinking a non-alcoholic beverage, "the officer still had suspicions based on previous experience, and asked to examine the can more closely to determine if alcohol was present."

In court records, Libero says "the way Mr. Beatty carried the beverage appeared suspicious, so I walked toward Mr. Beatty to inquire about the same.'' He said he wanted to take the can so he could smell what was inside.

Comments on video

Online viewers argued intensely on Youtube and on the Reddit news sharing site about whether Beatty's civil rights were violated. Most appeared to side with Beatty, and some urged the public to contact Libero's office to complain.

"He got arrested for a DITWB. Drinking ice tea while black," said a Reddit commentator.

"I have no problem with this video at all, the cop arrested this wannabe gangster loitering in a carpark looking like trouble," said another on Youtube. "If he had of been polite and given the cop the drink to show straight away there would be no issue, the cop would of either confiscated it or given it back to him."

Lawyers David Courie of Fayetteville and Raul Pinto of the American Civil Liberties Union office in Raleigh said they would need to know more about the circumstances before they could say whether Libero had a valid reason to stop and arrest Beatty.

Courie noted the seemingly drunk man who walked through in the middle of the encounter. The store may have a problem with drunk people in its parking lot, he said.

On the other hand, Courie said, in the video, Beatty doesn't stumble, have glassy eyes or show other signs of intoxication, and Libero's statement in the court record makes no allegation that Beatty had any signs that he had been drinking.

Pinto said the Constitution's Fourth Amendment protections against unjustified search and seizure apply in this case.

An officer has to have a reasonable suspicion that a crime occurred to ask someone to identify himself, Pinto said. From there, it can escalate to a search.

"It seemed like it was a search," Pinto said. But he noted that the video appears to have been edited, and he doesn't know what key information was left out.

"Without all of the facts as to what could have happened prior to the encounter, that those facts could arise to probable cause, we just don't know enough to make that determination," Pinto said. "These inquiries are very fact specific."

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:03pm
Dead I googled his name and and found an article from 2011 regarding a under-aged drinking bust
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

That awkward moment when you get handcuffed and dragged to the ground by someone who ain't a cop....

Noticed how he let the real officer search the victim because he knew he wasn't allowed to (since he's just security guard and all). Then how he nonchalantly struts right back to the store like nothing happened.
Whelp, my opinion steeeeel standsCool

The man is a cop. I just searched for news articles on the story and sure enough, he is indeed an undercover cop and not a security guard.Confused

Lawyers who practice criminal and civil rights law said it's not clear from the arrest video or a second related video (which shows the man being put into a police car), whether the officer was right or wrong. They said they needed more information about the circumstances that could have been left out of the videos, such as whether there had been problems or complaints of people illegally drinking alcoholic beverages in the parking lot.

ConfusedConfusedConfused Huh??? It's not clear??? What more does the law require? I thought it was pretty cut and dry. I have a hard time believing that a decent lawyer can't make a case out of that...
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:32pm

Dead I googled his name and and found an article from 2011 regarding a under-aged drinking bust
Imma get you and your questionable sources Blaque.AngryLOL

I'm just hoping that this punk arse cop is reprimanded (fired) for this mess now that it is catching on to local and hopefully national media.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:34pm
WOW THAT WAS STRAIGHT UP RACISM! SHIIT. How can this be allowed to happen - he gave no fukks if camera was there. Is this what my people have to go through each day? 

omg i am so mad at this
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 10:59pm
I'm two months late
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678