BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Broken, damaged hair!!!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Mymamasdaughter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mymamasdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken, damaged hair!!!
    Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 3:48pm
Sleepy
Can someone advise me what to do about my hair??!! I live in Colorado where during the humidity, it is just too trough to keep my hair straight. during the summer my sister relaxed it, but my hair is very resistant to relaxing. it was puffed up within a month. Anyway, the sad part of the story is now it feels like paper, is thin and breaking. How do I get iot back into shape? I hate the hot irons and rollers, but it will not hold a curl and looks like crap. I keep trying to keep it moisturized and not so dry, but it's dry anyway and I am afriad it will break even more. I have beent aking vitamins to help strengthen it too.
Sponsored Links

shaylanay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaylanay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 12:16am
My hair isnt super flat when its been relaxed after a while either. Sometimes it just needs to be straightened. Try protective styling. the least amount of strain possible. Usually people would recommend braiding, but that may really put your hair through hell. Try ponytails and bunning. Avoid scrunchies with metal ends and rubber bands. Maybe a weave? I know nothing about them except if your not careful it can take your hair out. Like if it is too tight, it can wipe out your edges. And if it's not moisturized under, you can have a bunch of hair loss. Or i've heard of people doing hot oil treatments with a wig. They place the oil on their hair, plastic wrap it and put their wigs on top. Try protein treatments. It may sound strange, but mayo is great for protein treating. Put it in your hair when washing and let it sit. I'm not sure how long. Whatever feels right. Dont do it too often, protein damage will worsen your hair. There is also Elasta Qp re-constructor. It's in-expensive and seems to work well. And moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! You may hear it a lot. But seriously, do it. Coconut oil, almond oil, castor oil, extra virgin olive oil, any other kind. Do hot oil treatments. And moisturize daily. if you need to, twice a day. I use Luster's Pink Lotion. It may have mineral oil (not great for full moisturizing) so do not rely on it. Maybe you may also want to invest in Biotin pills. Maybe Hair vitamins. I use hairfinity. Somethings you should know is, there's shedding for some. You may need garlic supplements. To some people, it causes odd dreams so maybe you shouldnt take it at night. And if you don't drink enough water, it can break your skin out. But it's the same with all vitamins. Theres also intense hair growth vitamins. I dont have any experience with it so you may need to youtube it. And relaxing. If that's what you want, keep up with them. two diff't hair types can cause damage. If you want to wear it naturally, you may want to cut off the relaxed ends. Or research transitioning without the Big Chop. Good luck and remember moisturize!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply