Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bro still friends with ex
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Bro still friends with ex

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 184525
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

He cheated he didn't beat her, get over it. I know her feelings hurt but as long as her eye don't hurt this too shall pass. No need to ruin Easter dinner cause she wanna act like she 12. if I was her brother I would be glad her simple azz was not speaking to me, she can give him a call when she get her mind right.


Next time don;t spread it like mustard with her brothers homies.


your posts / phrases always crack me up LOL
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 28 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 43173
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

was the brother mad at her for dating his friend and (possibly) ruining  his friendship with the guy?

eta: I know they are still friends so it wasn't ruined, but it could have   ended another way and the brother could have lost a good friend. I think a person can be a cheater (bad boyfriend) but a good friend.


...the problem with that is if he beat her up, but was a good friend to the brother, then that still makes it okay for the brother to maintain a friendship with him. 

As far as I'm concerned, hurt is hurt.  Whether my sibling was hurt physically or emotionally, someone did them wrong.  Its not the fact that the relationship didn't work out that's my problem, but the fact that it didn't work out because the guy dogged her.  Its almost like he escapes all responsibility and everything is put on the girl who was wronged. 

I have close friends and all, but I can't imagine choosing any of them over my own blood. 

I wonder how this would play out if the tables were turned.  Lets say the bro dated her sis, she cheated with a guy in their inner circle.  Would the bro be cool with his sis remaining close to that girl?
Back to Top
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 28 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 43173
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

off topic, my brother does get upset that I'm still friends with his ex wife (my sister in law). He claims she's not a member of the family anymore because divorce breaks that connection. I disagree. We had lunch yesterday LOL.


Well I think that is petty. LOL  I mean, unless the marriage fell apart because she got pregnant for his bff or something crazy like that.  Otherwise, if she has been a member of your family for years and you've grown close, it would be odd to just cut her off. 

I do understand why that would be awkward for your bro though.  When you end a relationship you want that person out of your life for good, so seeing them with the people closest to you is uncomfortable.  You just have to get over it though.
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 144237
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:28pm
Lol, bhm has so many rules that are set in stone, though. Like there aren't plenty of people who met their significant others through siblings and have it work. Same goes for the opposite. It can be dicey for sure, but it happens often. Most people don't really know how they're gonna react unless they're in the situation. She didn't break some universal rule by falling in love with a friend of a sibling. But I would expect my immediate family to have my back if I've been treated in a nasty way by a man.
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 184525
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

was the brother mad at her for dating his friend and (possibly) ruining  his friendship with the guy?

eta: I know they are still friends so it wasn't ruined, but it could have   ended another way and the brother could have lost a good friend. I think a person can be a cheater (bad boyfriend) but a good friend.


...the problem with that is if he beat her up, but was a good friend to the brother, then that still makes it okay for the brother to maintain a friendship with him. 

As far as I'm concerned, hurt is hurt.  Whether my sibling was hurt physically or emotionally, someone did them wrong.  Its not the fact that the relationship didn't work out that's my problem, but the fact that it didn't work out because the guy dogged her.  Its almost like he escapes all responsibility and everything is put on the girl who was wronged. 

I have close friends and all, but I can't imagine choosing any of them over my own blood. 

I wonder how this would play out if the tables were turned.  Lets say the bro dated her sis, she cheated with a guy in their inner circle.  Would the bro be cool with his sis remaining close to that girl?


-no that's not ok

-based on past experience, yes.
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 184525
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:36pm
a college friend is getting ready to marry his brother's ex wife. I wonder if the bro will break up with him. lol

eta: yes, they're black.


Edited by PurplePhase - Jan 15 2014 at 8:36pm
Back to Top
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 24 2010
Location: US...PR...VI
Status: Offline
Points: 64860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:38pm
But she dated her brothers friend. They were friends before were dating, why would she expect them to stop being friends because she's no longer w/dude? Ppl are so petty sometimes.
Back to Top
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 24 2010
Location: US...PR...VI
Status: Offline
Points: 64860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

a college friend is getting ready to marry his brother's ex wife. I wonder if the bro will break up with him. lol

eta: yes, they're black.


Didn't Jermaine Jackson do that?
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 184525
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

a college friend is getting ready to marry his brother's ex wife. I wonder if the bro will break up with him. lol

eta: yes, they're black.


Didn't Jermaine Jackson do that?

 
LOL yep.

It's been many years since divorce with this couple though. I still don't get it, but I will be at the wedding with bells on LOL wishing them well (sincerely),.


Edited by PurplePhase - Jan 15 2014 at 8:40pm
Back to Top
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 28 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 43173
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Lol, bhm has so many rules that are set in stone, though. Like there aren't plenty of people who met their significant others through siblings and have it work. Same goes for the opposite. It can be dicey for sure, but it happens often. Most people don't really know how they're gonna react unless they're in the situation. She didn't break some universal rule by falling in love with a friend of a sibling. But I would expect my immediate family to have my back if I've been treated in a nasty way by a man.


Yes, what I've learned from this thread is that dating your brothers friend is a stupid idea if it doesn't work out, but a perfectly fine idea if you get married and live happily ever after. 

Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down