BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Bro still friends with ex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 7:12pm
off topic, my brother does get upset that I'm still friends with his ex wife (my sister in law). He claims she's not a member of the family anymore because divorce breaks that connection. I disagree. We had lunch yesterday LOL.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 7:27pm
She should have never gotten involved with her brother´s friend to begin with. It's all to close to home.

Now that it´s over .. her expectation that her brother should dump him is wrong. They still have a friendship regardless.

Now if this guy had beatened her up etc ... that's when I would have expected the brother to break off the friendship with this guy.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Its all fun and games until you guys break up. She can't honestly expect her brother to end his friendship  cause she all up in her feelings??  Relationships end, get over it. It seems to be more than he cheated....  Wait was she the sidepiece?

If the relationship ended without the cheating I would totally agree. Lets say they just grew apart or weren't feeling each other anymore, then I would expect the brother not reconsider his friendship.  Its just something about a relative feeling comfortable befriending a person who royally screwed you over that bothers me.  I don't know...

I agree with you. I would be livid if my brother or sister kept up a friendship with someone that did me dirty. I'm glad I was never put in that situation. But at the same time, folks need to know that is the risk they take when they date a sibling's friend. I always told my friends that my bro was a dog (at the time) and that I washed my hands of everything if they wished to proceed.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 7:36pm
So she's cutting her brother off over penis? lol jesus
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 7:44pm
She needs to move on with her life as she shouldn't have gotten involved with her brother friend in the first place.
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:00pm
I dated my brother's friend. My brother warned me he was no good, did I listen? No! Dude was a dog, we broke up. Warned him never to speak to me. My brother remained friends with him. He wasn't allowed to hang with my brother if I was going too. For years it was like he had a restraining order. We've both moved on but my brother does that out of respect to me. Last Christmas when I went home was the first time I spoke to him since 2008.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by lexis83 lexis83 wrote:

I dated my brother's friend. My brother warned me he was no good, did I listen? No! Dude was a dog, we broke up. Warned him never to speak to me. My brother remained friends with him. He wasn't allowed to hang with my brother if I was going too. For years it was like he had a restraining order. We've both moved on but my brother does that out of respect to me. Last Christmas when I went home was the first time I spoke to him since 2008.

That's actually quite decent of your brother to be sensitive to your feelings like that. I would expect my brother to do the same. True, he did warn you and you have your part in it for going ahead anyway but I can't imagine a brother not protecting his sister's feelings, especially a big brother.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:12pm
He cheated he didn't beat her, get over it. I know her feelings hurt but as long as her eye don't hurt this too shall pass. No need to ruin Easter dinner cause she wanna act like she 12. if I was her brother I would be glad her simple azz was not speaking to me, she can give him a call when she get her mind right.

Next time don;t spread it like mustard with her brothers homies.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:14pm
was the brother mad at her for dating his friend and (possibly) ruining  his friendship with the guy?

eta: I know they are still friends so it wasn't ruined, but it could have   ended another way and the brother could have lost a good friend. I think a person can be a cheater (bad boyfriend) but a good friend.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jan 15 2014 at 8:16pm
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by lexis83 lexis83 wrote:

That's actually quite decent of your brother to be sensitive to your feelings like that. I would expect my brother to do the same. True, he did warn you and you have your part in it for going ahead anyway but I can't imagine a brother not protecting his sister's feelings, especially a big brother.

At the very least that is what I would expect from a sibling.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic