Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Breast Reduction question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breast Reduction question
    Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:09pm
I tried to look at the cosmetic section but the posts are sooo old and I really feel stalkerish to PM a couple of folks with questionsLOL

Has anyone here had a breast reduction? What was your healing time? My issue is I'm worried about when I'll feel well enough to return to work. I was planning to take 4 weeks off but a lady I work with told me that was kinda outrageous being that I sit in an office all day. She had hers and was back at work the following week.  That sounds....crazy to me lol.
Sponsored Links

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

I tried to look at the cosmetic section but the posts are sooo old and I really feel stalkerish to PM a couple of folks with questionsLOL

Has anyone here had a breast reduction? What was your healing time? My issue is I'm worried about when I'll feel well enough to return to work. I was planning to take 4 weeks off but a lady I work with told me that was kinda outrageous being that I sit in an office all day. She had hers and was back at work the following week.  That sounds....crazy to me lol.

4 weeks does seem a little long but it depends on your age, overall health and you tolerance for pain. 

I would visit realself.com and look at the reviews and message the ladies on there...
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:54pm
I haven't had it but have had first cousins and aunts that have. I don't think they were down for 4 weeks. More like 2.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:30pm
So are breast lifted after that?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:49am
I was back at work prolly 2 days after my reduction. I was released the day after my surgery.  Since I worked in an office my Dr tole me to simply have the dudes do the heavy lifting.  I don't think I was to lift anything beyond 4 or 5LBS.  I didn't have any trouble or pain really.

I can't really remember my total healing time but I had those dissolvable(?) stitches.  I didn't have any trouble with drainage.  My tube was pulled about before I left the hospital.  And the feel of that tube coming out was a queer feeling to say the least.  I want to say it was a couple of months before all my stitches came out and my boobs settled.

Edited by newdiva1 - May 28 2014 at 1:52am
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:32am
my aunt had one...she laid around for about 4 weeks but she is kind of a diva
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:35am
there was a bhm member who had a breast reduction too...her name escapes me atm but I remember her thread being pretty informative
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:40am
Snoep
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:48am
oh yesss...it was snoep
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:54am
I wanted to make this thread last week
But they told me I had to be at my optimal weight
However my severely obese cousin got one ????
She said her down time was a week I think
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair