breast feeding doll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:00am
I wouldn't buy it for my child if I had one. Too many landmines.

It'd open the door for that "where do babies come from" convo, and I'd freak the fvck out if I caught her "nursing"one of her friends. It'd be innocent, true enough, but no...just no.
Sponsored Links

Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:01am
That is weird af! I wouldn't want my kids to have one of those.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:24am
If my child asks for this doll I would buy it for him or her.

I'm not going to teach them it is okay to bottle feed but not okay to breast feed. I'm not quite sure how breastfeeding could lead to a discussion about sex. (I guess if the only thing you think breast are for is pleasing men) That's like thinking that teach your child how to hover their genitals over a toilet to pee will lead to questions about sex.

And if my child is at a place where he or she is curious about where babies come from I will be a mature adult and tell them in an age appropriate manner. I don't see what the big deal it.

Why do people feel the need to shield their kids from nature? Embrace their inquisitiveness and use it as a teaching opportunity. 
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:48am
Someone posted this a while back. People were totally appalled at the very normal concept of kids modeling behavior of adults. Would I buy it, yes. Breast feeding is natural and beautiful and kids are curious about that. The toy is age appropriate and and not the least bit graphic.

Then again, I'm a kook-- I'd let my son play with dolls. So I may be more than slightly skewed.

Eta:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/breast-feeding-doll-for-little-girls_topic304234.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/a-breast-feeding-dollbaby-you-joking-right_topic208557.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/breastfeeding-doll-goes-on-sale_topic205845.html

Edited by nekamarie83 - Nov 10 2012 at 12:02pm
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:02pm
I would buy it...big deal? 
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:05pm
i just think kids should be able to be kids 

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:12pm
This aint new, me and my cousins used to pretend to do this all the time, we didn't want our Baby alive's to starve to death
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:16pm
I don't see anything perverse about breastfeeding.

purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:35pm
I breastfed a few of my dolls in my youth and would stuff towels in my dresses/shirts to mimic pregnancy. I am still baby free. This might be good for older siblings with a newborn.  
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:49pm
i am not training my kids at 5 on how to breast feed. heck they still learning how to write and they want me to...lawd...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic