FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedBreaking News Zimmerman Found

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 65>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

To some extent I could understand that...but a person with a soul would take into account moral law as well...Fuk that jury!!

well yes.  analysist were also saying that it was likely impossible for those yt b's to remotely put themselves in trayvons shoes.  they likely sub conciously automatically saw him (not z) as capable of violence.
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

This Jezebel commenter summed it up nicely:

For me, this was going to come down to whether white women saw themselves as white first or women first. I've gotten my answer.

Minorities & women are seen as being complicit in their own injuries in ways that white men aren't. Trayvon Martin was followed at night by a stranger, ends up being killed, and debate ensues about the part he played in the situation. Much like how women are raped and debate ensues over the role she played in her own sexual assault. What did she wear? Was she drinking? You'd think that a female jury would be able to relate to the predicament Trayvon was in as well as the post-incident smearing. But alas, they sided with their fear of black males over empathy for being held to account for your own victimization. Interesting. IMO, we've found out a lot about how white women think, tonight.Yesterday 10:16pm

Becky and 'em lost their minds in the comment section. 

yep

sometimes, i just can't w/ jezebel.

they will cover all kinds of stories about white women and be sympathetic, but either they say skewed ish about minorities, or nothing at all.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 3:42pm
Rosebell Idaltu Kagumire
"It is a complicated thing to be young, black, and male in America. Not only are you well aware that many people are afraid of you—you can see them clutching their purses or stiffening in their subway seats when you sit across from them—you must also remain conscious of the fact that people expect you to be apologetic for their fear."
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 3:50pm
The verdict is definitely morally wrong but from legal perspective the actual law makes it relatively easy to treat black life as other.

The lead prosecutor knew that when she brought the charges. The tactic is used on the opposite end to be ready to lock Trayvon up for defending himself. The jury is just for show. The judge basically told them to dismiss the whole incident if they thought that George believed he was gonna die. That is waaaaay too much out in a legal proceeding. It means that if you think maybe he did, then maybe he didn't and then maybe he did you can just say fck it not guilty and go home because you dont really understand the underlying issues. Those jurors don't even matter. I wish there were only 7 people with blood on their hands but the truth is that the system worked as designed. We have to change that.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 4:00pm
Not surprised about the outcome. The outcome was designed for outrage.
May justice find its way some day and may that day be soon.

Unfortunately the way the world is and has been for a long time, this hasn't been the first and will not be the last of injustice occurring within the law.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Recap of 7/13/13

No justice for Trayvon Martin, killer found not guilty
        Anti-Abortion bill passed in Texas
        Finn from Glee died
        Cory from That’s So Raven has cancer
        Casey Anthony may be pregnant with twins

Safe to say, yesterday was jacked up.

Jeez.

AND....spawn of the devil.  poor children.

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

Zimmerman may be free but his soul and sprit would always be in torment for killing a innocent child.

I

No it won't.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

The verdict is definitely morally wrong but from legal perspective the actual law makes it relatively easy to treat black life as other.

The lead prosecutor knew that when she brought the charges. The tactic is used on the opposite end to be ready to lock Trayvon up for defending himself. The jury is just for show. The judge basically told them to dismiss the whole incident if they thought that George believed he was gonna die. That is waaaaay too much out in a legal proceeding. It means that if you think maybe he did, then maybe he didn't and then maybe he did you can just say fck it not guilty and go home because you dont really understand the underlying issues. Those jurors don't even matter. I wish there were only 7 people with blood on their hands but the truth is that the system worked as designed. We have to change that.

Yea, I thought we knew from the gate it could go either way, given the charges. This is still so sad to me. I just wanted just for his parents, his brother, his friends etc.
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:52pm
My mom's co-worker said "Racism happens, people need to get over it." I told her to report the cracker to HR. 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

Zimmerman may be free but his soul and sprit would always be in torment for killing a innocent child.

I

No it won't.

Sadly, I must agree with this. Zimmercum does not feel any remorse whatsoever. He still doesn't thing he did anything wrong. He sat there in court with a blank expression on his face. He said that killing Trayvon was "god's will". It took forever for him to even formulate an insincere, self-serving semi-apology to the Martins and he didn't mean a single word of it. His brother is doing the media rounds trying to vilify Trayvon's further. For one to be tormented, you have to have a soul and spirit in the first place. He has money stashed in the Cayman Islands and he'll probably make some more out of a book deal/movie. At this point, my only hope is that karma gets him in the form of him being shot in the head by someone.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jul 14 2013 at 7:05pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 65>
  Share Topic