Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Breaking News Shooting At Elementary School

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 163>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:12am

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Did anyone see The View this morning? They had on a forensic psychologist(?) and he said that people shouldn't be hard on the mother. He said that the mother may have tried to be a hero that day and tried to stop him from leaving. She may have told her son that he'd have to go thru her to leave the house--and he did so by shooting her 5 times.  
i doubt that cuz police found her shot in her bed....he either shot her in her sleep or he confrontd her in her bed...
Sponsored Links

Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Most people don't know about it though.
If you aren't internet savvy you wouldn't know about it because it's not on the TV 24/7.
Most people just assume that this time of stuff doesn't happen outside the US because we don't see it on CNN, MSNBC or FOX.

I get ur point. My grandma is 86 can't hardly see an doesn't have cable. She watches local channels and had no clue what happened in china until I told her. She was like that happened on the same day!! She's never even owned a computer.
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:44am
I have a gf who's son was molested by his father until about the age of 4 or 5. He is now 11 and she's having the hardest time with him. He has been to therapy for it, but the therapist say he manipulated people, so my gf isn't really pushing too hard to get him help. I'm like of course he'll manipulate because that's all he knows. Especially since the abuse came from his father. I should hear how she can't get own child and how he's ruined her life. I told her its not his fault and he's crying out for help. She says he does such awful and terrible things, but I keep trying to tell her to have him in more counseling besides what's provided through the school. It's like talking to a brick wall and I truely feel bad for the son, because he's acting out on what was done to him.

Some people can see what's wrong with their child
And choose to not do their best to fix it, sometimes it may not be able to be corrected, but at least exhaust urself trying.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:53am
Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

I have a gf who's son was molested by his father until about the age of 4 or 5. He is now 11 and she's having the hardest time with him. He has been to therapy for it, but the therapist say he manipulated people, so my gf isn't really pushing too hard to get him help. I'm like of course he'll manipulate because that's all he knows. Especially since the abuse came from his father. I should hear how she can't get own child and how he's ruined her life. I told her its not his fault and he's crying out for help. She says he does such awful and terrible things, but I keep trying to tell her to have him in more counseling besides what's provided through the school. It's like talking to a brick wall and I truely feel bad for the son, because he's acting out on what was done to him.

Some people can see what's wrong with their child
And choose to not do their best to fix it, sometimes it may not be able to be corrected, but at least exhaust urself trying.
I bet it is frustrating but she has to deal with it and get through it. If this were my only child then my whole world would be dedicated to getting him help being unstoppable through all the pain hurt and tears. Because in this case if he is violent he will more than likely take it out on his mother, because I would think the dad (who should be the object of his anger) is no longer in the household, but in jail. If she has other children I would be afraid for the welfare of my other children. No one wants to think bad of their child, it is not his fault, but it has happened Maybe you could look up some information for her to help ease her frustration and get help. I am doing this with a friend who is dealing with her dad who has dementia, which is also very frustrating to deal with. Blessings to her!!!!!!
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:14am
That's a good Idea. I'll look for resources in her area. She gets state aid for food and a check so her so would def qualify for some type of mental help. He's also on the austism spectrum she said. Not quite their but borderline. Very smart, and if he doesn't get his way he'll scream like crazy!!! She should have done something about him being spoiled years ago though. I'm afraid as he gets older he could harm her. He tells her he hates her and wishes she was dead.

I could she him doing something like the school shooting. My fear is he harms her then his being on the autisim spectrum would get blamed. Like in this case which has nothing to do with it
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:34am
Harmonii, I think it's best you encourage her to get help and see a behavioral psychiatrist or something of the like.  Her not wanting to get help for her son is selfish, especially given what he's been through.  If she does not seek help for him, it would be clear she is not looking out for her child's well-being.  Maybe you could talk to her about your fears?  It may help her to understand. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

That's a good Idea. I'll look for resources in her area. She gets state aid for food and a check so her so would def qualify for some type of mental help. He's also on the austism spectrum she said. Not quite their but borderline. Very smart, and if he doesn't get his way he'll scream like crazy!!! She should have done something about him being spoiled years ago though. I'm afraid as he gets older he could harm her. He tells her he hates her and wishes she was dead.

I could she him doing something like the school shooting. My fear is he harms her then his being on the autisim spectrum would get blamed. Like in this case which has nothing to do with it
Yes his lawyers would definitely have a good defense, because he has a lot going on with him. His case is crucial, poor mother. At his age if he gets the right help he can growth up and be an even temper, successful man. There is time for him before he hurts his mom or anyone else. No easy answers here but to tell her to keep pressing and that giving up is not an option. Wow I cannot imagine having to go through this with my child,very sad.

Edited by Veemack - Dec 18 2012 at 6:40am
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:56am
Many people—including celebrities—have spoken out on the horrific tragedy that struck Newtown, Conn., on Friday, when a 20-year-old gunman opened fire and killed at least 26 people, including 20 children, at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

However, Morgan Freeman is not one of those people. The actor has not released a comment on the incident that took place a few days ago, despite numerous stories reporting otherwise.

The lengthy quote attributed to Morgan is indeed an hoax.

"Morgan neither made statements or posted those statements. We are trying to find out who did, but they did not originate from him," the actor's rep tells E! News.

The remark floating around online that was said to be from Freeman stated the following,

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why. It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody."

The falsely-attributed quote continued, "CNN's article says that if the body count 'holds up,' this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations­, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next. You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/74237257.html#cutid1#ixzz2FPLJy5KX
Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:25am
This whole school shooting situation saddens me but I do want to know what is going to be done about the many people killed in chicago or is that just the norm? Where is the outcry for the children in chicago?
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Mz. Mocha Mz. Mocha wrote:

This whole school shooting situation saddens me but I do want to know what is going to be done about the many people killed in chicago or is that just the norm? Where is the outcry for the children in chicago?
I have been thinking about this a lot lately too
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 163>