BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Breaking News Shooting At Elementary School

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 164>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 10:14pm
ok
Sponsored Links

foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 10:16pm
What I suggest that everyone take the time to check their health insurance policies.  Call your insurance and ask the what if questions and what you find will be startling.  This young man was 20yrs old and I can't imagine trying to force someone this age to get help...16yrs old is difficult enough.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:06am
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

It is very difficult to get the help especially when the person has to be willing to get the help.  People cannot be held against their will.  No matter how crazy you think someone is you cannot have them committed unless they want to be committed or they have done something warranting they are a danger to themselves or others and proving that is an issue within it self.  I hate that the parents are being blamed for this devestation even though to a degree it is warranted. I think changes need to be made in our health care/mental health system where you can have someone committed against their will but then you will have a slippery slope.

(disclaimer: I have not read all the comments and don't know if this has been mentioned)

You made some good points. I will say that many times because as a parent you love your child, mothers and some fathers are not reporting the WHOLE truth to the police. Their child has been violent or communicated threats before, but due to love/pride the parent does not give the whole picture to the proper authorities, they try to handle it themselves and wait until the situation becomes dangerous to not just their household but the community. Parents must stop being in denial about the danger of their child. I have heard parents say, "Yea he might be crazy but he is not that crazy" Really? How does the mother come to that conclusion? The parents especially mom is many times to closely invested to make a good decision about what the child truly needs in these mental health cases. Only the parents in denial, not all parents......I wonder has the mental health system declined in the last 30 years. I remember in the 80's my sister who was maybe 16-18 at the time started acting out. Honestly she was having a nervous breakdown but we didn't know it at the time. But one night she threatened all of us and threatened to slash my moms tires and hurt us. I was scared. My mom called the police and they took her away, she spent time in the mental hospital. She had a nervous breakdown we do not know why to be honest. She had been in Harlem for awhile and we think she might have taken some bad drugs or something. As far as we knew she did smoke weed at the time. All praises be to God she got well and that is long, long behind us all now. But I just wonder what would of happened if the police had not removed her from our home. She had not committed any crime. Well she did communicate a threat. Thank God we had no weapons in the house, but the police and doctors were very helpful.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:12am

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Did anyone see The View this morning? They had on a forensic psychologist(?) and he said that people shouldn't be hard on the mother. He said that the mother may have tried to be a hero that day and tried to stop him from leaving. She may have told her son that he'd have to go thru her to leave the house--and he did so by shooting her 5 times.  
i doubt that cuz police found her shot in her bed....he either shot her in her sleep or he confrontd her in her bed...
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Most people don't know about it though.
If you aren't internet savvy you wouldn't know about it because it's not on the TV 24/7.
Most people just assume that this time of stuff doesn't happen outside the US because we don't see it on CNN, MSNBC or FOX.

I get ur point. My grandma is 86 can't hardly see an doesn't have cable. She watches local channels and had no clue what happened in china until I told her. She was like that happened on the same day!! She's never even owned a computer.
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:44am
I have a gf who's son was molested by his father until about the age of 4 or 5. He is now 11 and she's having the hardest time with him. He has been to therapy for it, but the therapist say he manipulated people, so my gf isn't really pushing too hard to get him help. I'm like of course he'll manipulate because that's all he knows. Especially since the abuse came from his father. I should hear how she can't get own child and how he's ruined her life. I told her its not his fault and he's crying out for help. She says he does such awful and terrible things, but I keep trying to tell her to have him in more counseling besides what's provided through the school. It's like talking to a brick wall and I truely feel bad for the son, because he's acting out on what was done to him.

Some people can see what's wrong with their child
And choose to not do their best to fix it, sometimes it may not be able to be corrected, but at least exhaust urself trying.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:53am
Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

I have a gf who's son was molested by his father until about the age of 4 or 5. He is now 11 and she's having the hardest time with him. He has been to therapy for it, but the therapist say he manipulated people, so my gf isn't really pushing too hard to get him help. I'm like of course he'll manipulate because that's all he knows. Especially since the abuse came from his father. I should hear how she can't get own child and how he's ruined her life. I told her its not his fault and he's crying out for help. She says he does such awful and terrible things, but I keep trying to tell her to have him in more counseling besides what's provided through the school. It's like talking to a brick wall and I truely feel bad for the son, because he's acting out on what was done to him.

Some people can see what's wrong with their child
And choose to not do their best to fix it, sometimes it may not be able to be corrected, but at least exhaust urself trying.
I bet it is frustrating but she has to deal with it and get through it. If this were my only child then my whole world would be dedicated to getting him help being unstoppable through all the pain hurt and tears. Because in this case if he is violent he will more than likely take it out on his mother, because I would think the dad (who should be the object of his anger) is no longer in the household, but in jail. If she has other children I would be afraid for the welfare of my other children. No one wants to think bad of their child, it is not his fault, but it has happened Maybe you could look up some information for her to help ease her frustration and get help. I am doing this with a friend who is dealing with her dad who has dementia, which is also very frustrating to deal with. Blessings to her!!!!!!
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:14am
That's a good Idea. I'll look for resources in her area. She gets state aid for food and a check so her so would def qualify for some type of mental help. He's also on the austism spectrum she said. Not quite their but borderline. Very smart, and if he doesn't get his way he'll scream like crazy!!! She should have done something about him being spoiled years ago though. I'm afraid as he gets older he could harm her. He tells her he hates her and wishes she was dead.

I could she him doing something like the school shooting. My fear is he harms her then his being on the autisim spectrum would get blamed. Like in this case which has nothing to do with it
K_Camille View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:34am
Harmonii, I think it's best you encourage her to get help and see a behavioral psychiatrist or something of the like.  Her not wanting to get help for her son is selfish, especially given what he's been through.  If she does not seek help for him, it would be clear she is not looking out for her child's well-being.  Maybe you could talk to her about your fears?  It may help her to understand. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

That's a good Idea. I'll look for resources in her area. She gets state aid for food and a check so her so would def qualify for some type of mental help. He's also on the austism spectrum she said. Not quite their but borderline. Very smart, and if he doesn't get his way he'll scream like crazy!!! She should have done something about him being spoiled years ago though. I'm afraid as he gets older he could harm her. He tells her he hates her and wishes she was dead.

I could she him doing something like the school shooting. My fear is he harms her then his being on the autisim spectrum would get blamed. Like in this case which has nothing to do with it
Yes his lawyers would definitely have a good defense, because he has a lot going on with him. His case is crucial, poor mother. At his age if he gets the right help he can growth up and be an even temper, successful man. There is time for him before he hurts his mom or anyone else. No easy answers here but to tell her to keep pressing and that giving up is not an option. Wow I cannot imagine having to go through this with my child,very sad.

Edited by Veemack - Dec 18 2012 at 6:40am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 164>