Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Breaking News Shooting At Elementary School

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 164>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:21pm
I wonder if there was a specific motivation for killing so many women or was it just coincidence.
Sponsored Links

bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:24pm
Lord why did I come in here, knowing my heart would break all over again :-(

I have been sooo much more lovey dovey with my little one since hearing about this.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

I wonder if there was a specific motivation for killing so many women or was it just coincidence.

good question.  i wonder...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:27pm
ive been thinking about that too babyD 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:27pm
And wth do they keep calling this woman a "gun enthusiast?" That doesn't make her having a semi-automatic rifle make sense.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

Autism has nothing to do with becoming a psychotic mass murderer. Parents with autistic children have enough to deal with without having the disorder demonized by this tragedy.

I agree with this.
But as a mom with a young son who has autism, this boy's characteristics sounds like autism spectrum disorder, not the fact that he killed 26 children and adults.  I believe he might have been on the spectrum, but people are so worried about not "labeling" their child that they refuse to get help for the child. When they get older, they lack coping mechanisms. 

nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:50pm
i had to stay out of this thread.
and off cnn for most of the day.
this has really been getting to me.

sigh
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:52pm
i just checked the schools website...i could only find 1 teacher that seemed to be a male and he was a 4th grade teacher.  on the staff, only the custodian was male.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:59pm
Thanks for the info wonderland.

I really hate all the misconceptions the media is giving about mental illness, especially autism. They make sure to repeatedly identify that he had autism and then briefly say "we don't mean to suggest that had anything to do with it though?" Sleepy

nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 9:01pm
i wanted to start a thread right before this happened.
basically asking ppl--- what would they do if they are raising a psycopath.
but I didn't b/c i felt i would have been hit w/ a bunch of " i can't relates" etc.

what prompted me to want to start the thread was--
I just saw this movie We need to talk about Kevin.
and it scared me.
basically another massacre at a school- told through the mom's eyes.

Edited by nycdiva357 - Dec 15 2012 at 9:24pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 164>
  Share Topic