FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedBreaking News Shooting At Elementary School

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 163>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

the US is a melting pot. but that makes it so much harder for us to have empathy for one another. 
thats really why i think we can't compare ourselves to countries like switzerland and israel where everyone looks alike and has common ties. 

Yup.
We have a melting pot of crazy, different cultures, ideas, and philosophies.

Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:17pm
I'm hurting for the children who survived. How does a parent explain death and horror to a child that young. what has been seen truly cannot be unseen.

I remember my 5th grade teacher was out for a couple weeks before thanksgiving back in 03. He came back after break to tell us his 14 year old brother had been murdered. he kind of gave us graphic details; told us that he was mutilated and his body had been set on fire. i was 10 at the time and that messed me up a while just hearing that. \
i really hope these children will be able to grieve/ heal properly after seeing the hell they've witnessed today Heart
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Confused I dont see how that is helping.  A kid that can get a gun easily is doing what exactly??
1st paragraph

The skinny teen attends high school in Chicago and is a talented athlete. But he’s also a notorious gunslinger

sorry.  that wasnt supposed to be proof of stricter gun laws here... just showing how criminals here still manage to obtain guns.

also, i believe one can still get a handgun here...it just must be kept in the home.

so i was feeling like its somewhat misleading for mm to say handguns are totally banned here...
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

I'm looking at this thread of Black people mourning the loss of little White babies and I find it hard to agree with you

Black people have no problem empathizing with any group no matter what they look like. That's one positive aspect that racism has given us

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

the US is a melting pot. but that makes it so much harder for us to have empathy for one another. 
thats really why i think we can't compare ourselves to countries like switzerland and israel where everyone looks alike and has common ties. 
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

The teacher is making me cry....she said I told them I loved them, I just wanted them to know someone loved them...I'm so proud of her. She is a brave soul! I am so so happy that a least in that tragedy she was there to bring calm to those little babies. 
PurrPoZe View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

We're not saying that the coverage isn't justified

I just believe deaths of the children who die year-round in Chicago and other urban areas due to senseless violence are too deserving of public crying and outrage

Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

Although IA that yts care less when it's a black child/person killed. The outrage and media coverage over this is because it was a mass shooting. 20 children died today. 

This is different. I'm not disagreeing with you but this is a sick act. Black guns aren't going into elementary schools targeting kids. They don't care WHO gets hurt and that's horrible too but you have to set the race war aside for a day..kids in Chicago aren't getting killed in SCHOOL...that's an extreme that deserves attention
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Black people have no problem empathizing with any group no matter what they look like. That's one positive aspect that racism has given us

Huh?
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

ok, I checked out both links.  Chi's shootings still outnumber NY's tho. concealed law or not.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

they are getting the guns using front people (with clean records) in the suburbs...then when a murder is committed on the gun they (the front person) claim it was stolen...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Dec 14 2012 at 9:20pm
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:20pm
i just cant imagine being 5 years old and wondering if im going to die...i doubt they even viewed it that way...at least i hope not  Cry
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 163>
  Share Topic