Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

breakage and twists for low manipulation

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
love_angel011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: breakage and twists for low manipulation
    Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 11:26pm
So my hair has been breaking like crazy lately mainly due to the fact that I haven't been taking good care of it.  I've been busy with school so I would wash and deep condition my hair every two weeks. I moisturized and sealed everyday but it wasn't cutting it, my hair still kept breaking and it's prone to getting dry. i recently tried a new stylist and she suggests that i do a deep condition and/ or a protein treatment every week and that I stay away from bunning and doing a ponytail all the time (my breakage was in the crown so she believes that the ponytails/buns were causing breakage) the things is I dont know what to do with my hair outside of ponytails/buns esp. while at school. The stylist suggests that I do wet wraps but I'm going on vacation soon and I want to get senegalese twists put in, I'll keep them for maybe about 2 weeks or so, but with my hair being so weak right now would it be a good idea to get them? And what are some suggestions for other low manipulation styles I can try?
s/n im about 8-10 wks post, i cant remember off the top of my head
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 5:53am
I've been natural for 4 years now but when I transitioned, I wore a lot of roller sets and kinky twist extentions.  Your hair should be ok if you plan on removing your twists after a few weeks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:56am
thank you! =) I think I may just do the twists after an intense deep conditioning and perhaps a mild protein treatment.  Roller sets would probably also be good if I knew how to do them myself lol and my hair is just super thin right now so wearing it down doesn't look good but I'll have to try and make it work somehow
DandyLeShae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DandyLeShae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 7:00pm
You should be ok if your hair is mosturized and sealed before you get the twists. And make sure your scalp doesn't get overly dry while the twists are in. But you should be fine. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 6:11pm
which type of hair do ppl buy normally for twists? Ive heard about kanekelon (sp?) but ive always heard that it causes dryness to your natural hair?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply