Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives > Lace Front Archives 2009
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedBRAZILIAN, SPANISH, MALAYSIAN HAIR FRAUD????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>

Author
AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BRAZILIAN, SPANISH, MALAYSIAN HAIR FRAUD????
    Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 4:09pm
This article found here is worth reading even though they discuss hair extensions:
   WOW!

Let's see what the experts have to say about it:

Brazilian, Spanish, and Malaysian Hair Extensions

Are you looking for high quality Remy hair that will look good and last a long time? Some company will have you believe the hype about hair like Brazilian, Malaysian and Spanish Hair. Malaysia is off the coast of Asia and the name sounds exotic but the hair isn't. It is not any different than Asian hair except  that it has a wave to it. Leaving me to believe that the hair they are selling is Indian or Asian, often, low quality at an inflated price.

You have to think how many people in those counties grow  hair to sell and why. In India and China there are a rituals behind why there is enough hair to supply an industry. I am not saying the Brazilian, Spanish or Malaysian  hair doesn't exist but the likely hood of getting what you paid for is low.

If you actually did get Malaysian hair you may not want it. It is not likely that Malaysian hair would match unless you are of that nationality. Asian companies spend a lot of time chemically altering the hair to match many hair types.

As far as Brazilian hair, it would be a good match for Hispanic or Caucasian people, but don't be sure you're getting what you paid for. Brazilian women would be hard pressed to part with their hair so there is not a lot on the market today. Most likely the average consumer will never see any of it all. The same hold true for Spanish hair. It would be extremely rare as it is to buy American hair. There are places that say they sell it but is it virgin or even 100% human hair? Many American women  go to the beauty salon for perms and color. They use hot combs and blow dryers that damage the hair thus making it unmarketable.

Italian hair is Asian and Indian hair that is  processed in Italy. Its not Italian people hair although, they do a really good job at making Asian and Indian hair useable for Caucasian consumers.

Hair from Eastern Europe is thought to be the best hair, its rare and if you are looking for a natural light color hair, and you can get virgin European hair, that would be the best hair to purchase. But look out! The cost is high. The price is about $70.00 an ounce (it takes 6-8 ounces for a full head weave) in bulk form because it usually  doesn't come on a weft. Because European hair is so rare it is sold at high prices with little or nothing done to the hair.

Remy Indian Hair Extensions

When buying Indian hair for your extensions look for only the best quality of hair. Use hair that is full and healthy a lot of people are selling poor quality Indian hair at low prices on the internet .Low quality Indian hair tends to be dry and stingy on the ends shortening the life of the hair.  Make sure you look closely at the pictures of their hair. Are they showing you just the top half of the hair bundle they should show the whole bundle of hair. Check how long they have been in business are the boasting a lot of satisfied customer testimonials and they have only been in business for six month. People do write testimonials when they like a product but most people don't find the time so it take a while to get a lot.

Sponsored Links

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 4:25pm
Yea this isn't new information they do that.. and i've always been suspect of the straight indian and malaysian hair.. altho its not impossible for those types to exist everybody is different even if from the same origin.. but for the most part malaysian and indian hair does have waves and/or curls.. all might not have waves but curls, and all might not have curls but waves..

i was with a bunch of indian women yesterday (while wearing my curly virgin malaysian, they thought i was one of them) to get my eyebrows threaded.. and not one of them has bone straight hair..some straighter than others..

but most hair from china are processed to mimick certain textures.. b/c of just like the article states, the rituals are not done by all ethtics groups..you won't find lots of brazilian women selling their hair, that's why i posted that site on here b/c if you want to be sure you can find some..

the hair in china it has been processed with a trpe of acid to remove the cuticles.. one of the reasons cuticles are removed has to do with how the hair is collected. another reason acid is used to thin out each hair strand.. at this time caucasaian hair and other textures are more popular in extensions, and wigs.. by removing the cuticle the hair stand becomes finer resembling caucasian hair.. preferable the european hair.. remy virgin hair is hair that has not had its cuticles stripped and has at least been partially hand-processed to maintain root-tip alignment... its more expensive but will remain in good condition for much longer.

Edited by sexibeach - Jan 18 2009 at 4:34pm
curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 4:49pm
I havn't tried Brazilian, Spanish or Malaysian hair yet but it does stand to reason that this type of hair would be rather scarce on the market since Brazil and Spain are not Buddist countries so they wouldn't be sacrificing their hair as temple offerings as is the case in Buddist countries.

I know that people in non-Buddist countries do sell their hair, just as some people in America do, but I don't think enough is being sold to flood the markets and make it as affordable as Indian and Chinese hair has become.
thedivasworld View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 4:57pm
well.....we get bad hair a lot of time, we know  they claim to have the best hair, but its all about the money. 
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 4:58pm
Good info, AM & Sexi.  You constantly see sites advertising "Malaysian textured" hair, or "Brazilian Curl."  This is deceiving.  They are saying that the hair "resembles" that of Brazilian or Malaysian hair.  It's not the real thing.  Not that you can't get the real thing, but it will be reflected in the price.

Just as long as I can get my hands on some virgin Chinese, I'm straight!
Ginger42 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 4:59pm

it's funny, but I never trusted to buy those type of hair because I believe it was imitation hair. Now I feel better because I thought I was being paranoidLOLI have always only purchase IR/ IVR  and just bought   CVR this year my first after reading many positive feedback about them on BHM.

Very informative. Thank you AM and Sexi
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by DonnaB63 DonnaB63 wrote:

Good info, AM & Sexi.  You constantly see sites advertising "Malaysian textured" hair, or "Brazilian Curl."  This is deceiving.  They are saying that the hair "resembles" that of Brazilian or Malaysian hair.  It's not the real thing.  Not that you can't get the real thing, but it will be reflected in the price.

Just as long as I can get my hands on some virgin Chinese, I'm straight!

Exactly I remember Zara has a description of a unit that says "malaysian" but if you read the description closely it says asian hair textured to resemble malaysian texture.. reading is key!
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by thedivasworld thedivasworld wrote:

well.....we get bad hair a lot of time, we know  they claim to have the best hair, but its all about the money. 

well its not necessarilly b/c they are trying too in some cases.. if the hair is mixed the cuticle can easily get switched in the wrong direction and NOBODY can tell if that happened.. the human eye is unable to tell the difference.. and honestly the more these wigs become more popular the less the hair quality is going to be its called having supply to meet the demand.. meaning your going to be paying more for hair that is less quality b/c sooner or later the well will run dry..
sweetyangel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 5:11pm
Interesting........
LovilyLocs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 5:23pm
Yeah I believe a lot of this.  I have been trying to reconcile in my brain how such a large population brazilian, spain and some asian women would sell their full head of hair for less than $50 bucks (it has to be a small amount like that for resellers to sell it to us for $200 bucks and still make a profit).  Brazilian and Spanish women are just as vain as us when it comes to their hair.  They would have to get top $$$ for it for them to sacrifice it. 

I do realize their is a poor population in each of these countries that would do it in a second, but I do believe it's mostly indian and asian hair processed to look like something else and as Sexi said you need to read as much as you can especially these descriptions to know what you're really getting.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic