Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrazilian, Malaysian, Mongolian, Burmese????

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Author
alwayzhumble View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brazilian, Malaysian, Mongolian, Burmese????
    Posted: May 02 2011 at 4:54pm

Mongolian, Brazilian, Malaysian, Burmese

What is the difference between these types of hair and what processing method is best when getting them processed to a LY, IY, KS, Y, etc.

I’m trying to get some tips and also see some pics.  (Searching on board, but not coming up with a lot of answers to the questions. Figured I’d ask in a post.

2. I want to order an Italian Yaki, a KS and something else and I’m wondering what the pros and cons are on the different types of hair.

3. I also wouldn’t mind ordering a unit that has a slight wave or curl pattern to it when wet, but allows me to flat iron as well.

Sponsored Links

Alexis303 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 5:35pm
Okay, I personally almost always use only virgin hair these days.  I typically don't process it for color (and if I need to, I do it myself) and I almost never get it processed for texture.  I love Chinese hair for straight hair and coarse textures.  There are all sorts of "trade names" these days for the various straight Yaki textures.  I don't keep up with any of that.  I simply go by Yaki or Light Yaki, both of which I prefer in Chinese hair.  For the most part though, I just order Chinese Virgin anymore, but I do still have some Light Yaki that I occasionally use.

For wavy or curly textures, my preference is Indian hair.  Again, I almost always get virgin anymore in Indian as well.  I don't process it for color (again if I need to, I do it myself, LOL) and I typically don't have it processed for texture.  I just ask for "natural virgin straight" or "natural virgin wave", etc..  I don't wear curly that often anymore, but if I did I would probably order Indian Remy processed to curly (or Bohyme, which is really popular on the weave board).

As far as "Brazilian", "Malaysian", "Mongolian", "Burmese"... I think for the most part, it is all a load of BS.  My belief is that most of it is just the same old Chinese or Indian hair processed for artificial texture.  It is all business.  The vendors all play follow the leader and try to constantly out do each other.  I am not saying it is impossible that these textures exist in the true origins they are named from, but most are probably not authentic.
Cupcake2007 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 5:58pm

I think they have a typing system were they don’t use the 3b whatever system. I think they get a bunch of different Virgin Asian hair from different counties and the separated based on texture and density. After that they call it Indian Chinese Burmese Brazilian and Mongolian.

Most Asian hair is straight some is wavy few curly ( I don’t think any CV would pay extra for curly when they can process it themselves). If you what the LY,Y,KS,KC, or IY make sure what whatever type of hair they are calling it is thick enough to had he process.

solo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 6:28pm
I honestly think they are just Chinese.Shocked

I only believe in Chinese and Indian from CVs...unless you went somewhere else

Edited by solo - May 02 2011 at 6:28pm
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic