Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Brazilian Keratin Treatment, Anyone??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 121>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
misjaghuar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misjaghuar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 10:37am
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

[QUOTE=carvirgin]letting the product sit on your hair before blow dry does make a difference, also if she did not have enough product it was bound to revert back/ another point is that she would have had to go over small see thru sections of your hair 7-10 times to get it completely straight/ COMPLETELY AS POSSIBLE STRAIGHT!
If this lady never dealt with your type of hair she probably dropped the ball on your application, she may have done the same application on a client head she was used to dealin with and it may have come out great! 

I just finished a brazilian like ten minutes ago, i did a color on her prior to the bkt as they work well together and is recommended.

I had a client who was all natural and i thought my formaldehyde free brazilian would not penetrate her hair so i colored her first, i used either 30 or 40 vol developer and brought her up to a nice copper brown to open up the cuticle then i did the bkt. wonderful results

So after I color my hair do i have to dc then clarify again? I will be using the bejin (not spelled right) dye.
Any advice.
Sponsored Links

missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 10:46am
Are you doing your hair that has already been BKT'd.  After you color, I don't think you want to clarify as you will remove some of your color.  Not sure

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misjaghuar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 12:07pm
No i wan talking about my whole head. i only did my leave out and it was my first BKT. i dont take my weave out until next month so I want to find out how to go about it.

should I deep condition, clarify, color and BKT?

Brown Suga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brown Suga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 4:12pm
My daughters hair (4a)(which I did in March) is still holding up well. I just have to blow dry. I will probably redo in a few weeks as she has over an inch of newgrowth but it straightens

My other dtr's hair (4c) is still holding up too. I'm amazed at that because she has swimming twice a week

I've had about 10 people around me also get it. BKT is the only way to go for straight hair.

hairguru - I'm sorry it only lasted 10 days. 2 oz is not enough product for your hair. You have some beautiful curls in your natural hair
urjnsmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urjnsmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 6:18pm
I heard the stuff that is put in your hair smellsDisapprove.  There are alot of videos on this treatment on Youtube
carvirgin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carvirgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 9:27pm
quickly,, when i do the girl tomorrow with the color and bkt i will take pics. when i color i usually run the clarify thru it really quick cause no other shampoo can be used unless you have one with no sodium and no sulfate. you could probably even get away w no shampoo, depending on what your using for color, some colors/rinses you dont have to.
so again i run the clarify thru really quick then rinse.
I'm located in york, pa.  which is real close to harrisburg pa, also 45min from baltimore md, 1hr 45min from wash.dc. etc.  i'm pretty much in a real central location
TheSecret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 9:51am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misjaghuar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 12:09pm

I was supposed to wash out my BKT yesterday but i am doing it today and since i dont have sulfate-free shampoo i did a co-wash and now i am doing an egg protien treatment on the hair.

I got some of that hair one shampoos from sally's online.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by misjaghuar misjaghuar wrote:

I was supposed to wash out my BKT yesterday but i am doing it today and since i dont have sulfate-free shampoo i did a co-wash and now i am doing an egg protien treatment on the hair.

I got some of that hair one shampoos from sally's online.

These shampoos have sodium in them.  It's listed as disodium something.  It is very difficult to find sodium and sulfate free poos.  I used the sheamoisture brands from Target. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misjaghuar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 1:10pm
oh so i can't have sodium either, well i will just use it on my Bobraz.

My hair is smelling it and it smells like the cat i skinned from ny anatomy class. phew.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 121>