Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedBrazilian Keratin Treatment, Anyone??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 121>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
PerfectBlending View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 4:41pm
omg glamrock it looks great! did u do it urself? or went to a salon?

I think I want to try it since relaxers are a lil too harsh for my hair and makes it break....

Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by talia talia wrote:

OH MY GOD!!!!   The universe works in freakishly mysterious ways. 

So tonight my SO and I went to the Lakers game, his eldest daughter works for a TV station and the station has a VIP box at Staples Center, so from time to time she gives us tickets to the box to go to games....Kobe killed it tonight against the Miami Heat I'm still sore from screaming....but anyways.....unbeknowngst to us, his eldest daughter gave a set of tix to her hairstylist.  This just happened to be the hairstylist that did my youngest stepdaughter's BKT.  She told her dad that her good friend was going to be there, but she didn't say what his profession was...my SO and I both thought it was a friend of hers who works at the TV station.  When I found out it was the hairstylist, who did the BKT, I got an opportunity to pick his brain about it.  It's like dayum, I couldn't believe it....of course, I had thirty million questions....so here I'm sitting in the VIP box showing him my hair.  He felt my hair, even though I'm in my weave, I keep my nape hair out, it's too sensitive to braid, and it's long - it reaches to APL.  He felt that if the rest of my hair is similar to my nape hair, then yeah, I'm a good candidate.  We talked about the formaldahyde free version that he used on my youngest stepdaughter, and I told him I didn't want it bone straight, he said it won't be and honestly your hair will revert back, it's not a permanent texture change like the relaxer.  He mentioned so many things....but yeah I'm sold.  I mean I got a free consult while sitting at the Laker's game....dang.   

God is good....he knew I need to get out from under these rat weaves...lol.  I still can't believe it....so yeah I'm getting it done...ladies this was meant to be...
Dude in Beverly Hills right? After you get it pleasssssssssssssse post pics, details, etc..... I may heck him out myself!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by ToriFBaby ToriFBaby wrote:

Don't get me wrong, the reviews are wonderful. The live videos proves that the BKT leaves the hair beautiful, straight, and manageable, but on the flip side is is extremely toxic! There has been a known death in Brazil from this treatment. It contains formaldehyde, which causes cancer!
If you get a BKT, please make sure it is formaldehyde-free!!!
which ones are formaldehyde free?anyone know?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Aliyah Aliyah wrote:

Glamrock, how did the color shower affect the bkt?  Is it supposed to aid in the bkt being more effective? 

I know that coloring or relaxing is supposed to help make the hair more receptive to bkts, but I'm not interested in either.. however, I loves my colorshowers, lol.
so you can relax the hair THEN BKT? ConfusedOuchShockedShocked wow?!?!?!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Napp Napp wrote:

i am not recommending this yet. i want to see how my hair reacts in the next 4-6 months.
love ur honesty!! keep us posted!
Aliyah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by PerfectBlending PerfectBlending wrote:

Glamrock, how did the color shower affect the bkt?  Is it supposed to aid in the bkt being more effective? 

I know that coloring or relaxing is supposed to help make the hair more receptive to bkts, but I'm not interested in either.. however, I loves my colorshowers, lol.

I'm natural, but there are some who relax and then bkt.  Its not required, though.
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by starnonymous starnonymous wrote:

Napp and glamrock - Your edges look very flat and neat. Did you apply the treatment to your edges? I know the instructions say not to apply close to your scalp, so did you apply the treatment to your edges and not flat iron it???
I did not let the treatment get on my scalp. You know how you apply relaxer to your root & edges but avoid the scalp? Same concept. I put it on my hair with a plastic perm applicator brush then worked it through with my fingers and then combed through. 
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 7:37pm

omg glamrock it looks great! did u do it urself? or went to a salon?

I think I want to try it since relaxers are a lil too harsh for my hair and makes it break....

Yes, I did it myself and I included my step by step instructions in this thread. I think my steps are on the page b4 my pix.
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 7:39pm

Yes. I relaxed my hair Nov 09 then BKTd a month later. You should read through the LHCF thread that is posted in the Relaxer section to get an idea of what to experct from BKT according to your hair. I plan to use BKT to transition out of relaxers, I miss my fro.
Missy2000 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 8:55pm
NAPP I love your result, very impressive.

This BKT sounds so interesting I would like to try it but it's too expensive right now.  I'll just let my 4a/4b natural grow and maybe later on decide to take the plunge. 

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 121>
  Share Topic