Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedBrazilian hair is Really Indian!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
honeybrownsugar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 11:02am
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Originally posted by MAHALO MAHALO wrote:

Does it really matter if the hair is FABULOUS?
Sponsored Links

MysMonica View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 11:56am
Yea, I still want that Brazilian hair in the worst way...

Why do they ship it to Brazil to be processed? Do they have a special way of doing so there, or does that just make it ok for them to call it "Brazilian" because it technically did come from Brazil?  I haven't had any of this hair, but the pics I have seen look so soft, unlike processed hair in my opinion.  The curls don't seem to be too uniformed, making it seem more natural, not "man-made."

Then again, maybe that could be why Nature Girl closed for so long, because the Brazilian hair was getting too hot to handle and they needed that time to build up stock, and import/ export that processed hair to/ from Brazil Wacko

Whatevs... October 15th can't get here fast enough for me!

PS. Thanx for the knowledge Marie67
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Ameisha Ameisha wrote:

Do you mean the hair marketed as the VIRGIN Brazilian hair?

I can believe that. I have seen a couple of vendors that had "real" Brazilian hair that was WAY more expensive than what some of these sites are selling it for. It's very difficult these days to tell what's really real & what's not. Sometimes if the price is too good to be true, it probably is. I will add though, that's not always the case.
  You don't have to believe me,I'm just sharing with you what I've been told from an Indian supplier from India!! This isn't taking away from the fact that whatever process that has been made to make the hair FEEL more textured is any less great! If you like/love this kind of hair, that's great! Just because someone tells you that something is what it is doesn't make it always true! Sorry! Now the hair LEAVES Brazil after it's been processed and ready for sale,but it originally comes from INDIA,and it would cost more if you had to process it vs. having it VIRGIN and untouched! Remember don't be mad at the messenger!Wink  Wagmans only sells the hair,they don't have a plant here that actually process the hair here,it's already done and delivered to them and this is also a FACT!

Edited by marie67 - Oct 05 2007 at 1:43pm
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by MysMonica MysMonica wrote:

Yea, I still want that Brazilian hair in the worst way...

Why do they ship it to Brazil to be processed? Do they have a special way of doing so there, or does that just make it ok for them to call it "Brazilian" because it technically did come from Brazil?  I haven't had any of this hair, but the pics I have seen look so soft, unlike processed hair in my opinion.  The curls don't seem to be too uniformed, making it seem more natural, not "man-made."

Then again, maybe that could be why Nature Girl closed for so long, because the Brazilian hair was getting too hot to handle and they needed that time to build up stock, and import/ export that processed hair to/ from Brazil Wacko

Whatevs... October 15th can't get here fast enough for me!

PS. Thanx for the knowledge Marie67
Brazilians on a whole are not known for readily cutting their hair!  Now we all know that the Chinese have MAD skills at processing the hair to be anything you want it to be,so wouldn't you think that other countries could learn how to do the same and call it there own! I'm not mad at any of them,because if I like the product.I'm buying,and if I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for it,that's even better!Big%20smile
PerfectBlending View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 1:42pm
what is all the hoopla about brazlian hair? can someone put me on? TIA
BlackEsq View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by marie67 marie67 wrote:

Originally posted by Ameisha Ameisha wrote:

Do you mean the hair marketed as the VIRGIN Brazilian hair?

I can believe that. I have seen a couple of vendors that had "real" Brazilian hair that was WAY more expensive than what some of these sites are selling it for. It's very difficult these days to tell what's really real & what's not. Sometimes if the price is too good to be true, it probably is. I will add though, that's not always the case.
  You don't have to believe me,I'm just sharing with you what I've been told from an Indian supplier from India!! This isn't taking away from the fact that whatever process that has been made to make the hair FEEL more textured is any less great! If you like/love this kind of hair, that's great! Just because someone tells you that something is what it is doesn't make it always true! Sorry! Now the hair LEAVES Brazil after it's been processed and ready for sale,but it originally comes from INDIA,and it would cost more if you had to process it vs. having it VIRGIN and untouched! Remember don't be mad at the messenger!Wink

HUH?Shocked

I am SO confused right now. I was basically co-signing with your post. I respect you as a hairstylist & you and MANY others on this board have WAY more knowledge than me. Just know that I RARELY, if ever, post anything negative.  I was saying that I CAN definitely believe that it's Indian hair & that some vendors purport to have "real" Brazilian hair, but it is very, very expensive. Hopefully you just mis-read my post.
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by MysMonica MysMonica wrote:

The curls don't seem to be too uniformed, making it seem more natural, not "man-made."
However, this could EASILY be achieved in the rodding. To achieve the look of natural curly hair the hair would be rodded using various sized rods placed randomly. I've seen this technique used when perming natural hair. A stylist in the shop I used to go to did that all the time to give her perms a more natural look.
MysMonica View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 2:34pm
Oh I see, thanx DivaV.  That's pretty clever, I like that look better.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 3:37pm
I think that this is possible but not true for all vendors I'Ve seen and touched hair that is clearly from diffrent orgins various itailian, india, china and ect. Now if a vendor is selling hair they claim is virgin and is really processed to achieve a certian texture then that is jacked up cause you think you are buying virgin purvian hair for example and its really just a curly perm. I don't think any woman regardless of her race wants to chop of her hair unless she chooses to there was even an thread a while back about indian women being forced to chop of their hair in order for it to be sold, I thought that was really unfair 
for most people regardless of (race) it takes years for really long hair to grow
moremi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 4:01pm

Hair does take a long time to grow!!

Some pple cut their hair for several reasons.. Indian women cut hair when they get marry, to give thanks for woteva(childbirth, health etc) SOme African women cut their hair to mourn etc.. and some brazillian.indian chinese, indonesia, etc cut hair for money!!!! not everyone is being forced to cut their hair.. the point about Brazillian hair is that its hard to find.. its not impossible.. bit its hard.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic