BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Braids and Swimming

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
TheDetermined View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDetermined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braids and Swimming
    Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:14pm
Hi

I'm taking lifeguard classes at my university in the Fall and I was wondering how do I take care of my braids knowing that  I may have to swim every other week. I was also wondering how one goes about washing it. I did that the last time I had them, and when taking them out, my hair was clumped with dandruff at the base and some of my hair came out with it (not a lot).... I had micro-braids.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 2:18am
I used to be in treebraids a lot. When I swam, I still washed my hair like normal but with diluted products as to slow down the buildup at the base of my braids. Also I tried to keep everything concentrated on my scalp but since I didn't have access to an application bottle, I used a spritz bottle and try to keep all moisture to my parts only.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic