Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BRAIDS and RELAXED hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ChocolateTango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChocolateTango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BRAIDS and RELAXED hair
    Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:53pm
So I've always had really long relaxed hair (my hair was near my waist) until a couple months ago when I joined a pageant. The excessive flat ironing and heating caused my hair to break to the point where it was extremely thin and at my neck (I couldn't even let it out anymore). So i decided I would go on a mini hair journey and braid my hair (braids have always seemed to work for my hair). I braided my hair at the end of May and I've recently taken them out. I've noticed that my hair has grown (its almost beneath my breasts) and I want to braid it again from Sept-December however I've never braided my hair for more than three months so I'm not sure if it will start breaking. Should I relax my hair for a period and then braid again or is it safe to continue with the braiding?

Edited by ChocolateTango - Aug 06 2014 at 11:58pm
Sponsored Links

yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 10:05am
I think since you want to give the hair a break, continue with the braiding. Skip the relaxer, since it will be braided. Just baby the hair. Lots of conditioner treatment and don't braid too tight. Keep it moisturized. The new growth needs moisture so it won't break. Then just take a few braids down and retouch them every so often. This will allow them to still look great for longer.
Dreadlocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreadlocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 11:23pm
Hi,
Yes braiding is an effective method to decrease hair breakage and split ends. Continue with loose braiding, because tight braids may also cause hair breakage. Avoid flat ironing and try some herbal products.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply