BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braids 101: For Newbies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hair_dummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair_dummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2012 at 1:02pm

Sponsored Links

sherain90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherain90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2012 at 9:24pm
I have a question. How do you guys feel about braids in Corporate America? I want to get Senegalese Twists for the fall, but I'm not sure if I should go through with it because I'm currently seeking a job. Should I go through with it or think twice? At this point, getting a weave would only damage my hair more and my natural hair is too kinky to have exposed in the workplace. It's like I'm at a standstill. I have no idea what to do :-(
BlaqueLaDeey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaqueLaDeey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 12:49am
what does BUMP mean?
kamareia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamareia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 12:14am
i really want to do cosmetology , but i cannot braid..Confused  Im nervous bc thats the only career i see my self being comfortable in. will i learn how to braid in beauty school? Or do i have no chance of being a good cosmetologist if i cannot braid ? someone please help ! Thanks in advance (:
brownhairweave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownhairweave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 3:58am
i love braid, but i can not braid by myself...
legzfordayz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legzfordayz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 5:55pm
I would love to learn how to braid so the braids will last it always seem to come undone or look old not sure what I'm doing wrong
gritchenlewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gritchenlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 1:11am
yrwhskfhksfksff
princessfire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 12:32pm
found a video but it wont let me post it. ill try when i get back it might help us newbies  
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 11:39am
Originally posted by lolitaXD lolitaXD wrote:

Have you ever seen someone with half cornrow braids and half micro braids? Is that even a style?

I wanted to get cornrows again but i also wanted to be able to put my hair up in a pony tail cuz its been so hot lately. since corn rows  are braided all the way down the head there's no mobility except the ends of them.
But what if the cornrows just went down a little over half of the head and the other half by the nape area was micro braided?

Please help :(   would that just look weird or could it actually work?

My friend used to get invidual treebraids around her perimeter and either cornrowed treebraids (I call it interlocking) or tracks in the middle for versatility and to save time.

Edited by Cream1970 - Apr 08 2013 at 11:40am
BahaBraids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BahaBraids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by lolitaXD lolitaXD wrote:

Have you ever seen someone with half cornrow braids and half micro braids? Is that even a style?

I wanted to get cornrows again but i also wanted to be able to put my hair up in a pony tail cuz its been so hot lately. since corn rows  are braided all the way down the head there's no mobility except the ends of them.
But what if the cornrows just went down a little over half of the head and the other half by the nape area was micro braided?

Please help :(   would that just look weird or could it actually work?

Hi, I've been wearing braids for many years, and the half corn-rows, half-micro is a style I have worn often.  As you say, there is extensive variety achieved by "shingling" the back, while the cornrows on top help one stay cool during the summer.  The cornrows are also a time-saver, as they take less time to put in.

The way I usually get it done is to cornrow straight back from the forehead to the midpoint of the head, plaiting the hair out at least to the end of my hair.  The back half of the head is done in microbraids, usually only partially plaited out [though you can plait all the way to the end if you prefer].

It works well, and I am often complimented on the look.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic